Ideas thread 2012

Moderator: EUO Moderators

GoldenGanondorf
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Post by GoldenGanondorf »

Take out /pvp off.
Make pvp permanent again with some other sort of negative effect on people who pvp such as -10% xp gain with crime time on. Still keeping the merchants will not talk to you in effect.
EUO the only game you can kill a Dragon while butchering his dead brother at the same time.
ibrowniedefender
on lolpatrol

Post by ibrowniedefender »

reusable dyes for your pet for 5 addy coins would be nice
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Addy coins for Town portal stones. Possibly red (phase) ones that don't erase portals created by TP scrolls. I see that being a decent money maker.
mud
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mud »

Make it so you can't log in with the same exact character twice.

Same account/different char is useful, but same character just seems to add confusion/annoyance after getting disconnected and logging back in. (I know to just wait 20 seconds or whatever now, but it comes up on global fairly often, etc.)
ibrowniedefender
on lolpatrol

Post by ibrowniedefender »

make gems easier to sort (maybe rename them like gem(blah))
make the weapons sortable by weapon type (foil, longsword, ranged, etc) not sure if thats possible though
SiNeR
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by SiNeR »

about weapons you can just type "/foils" "/swords" while buying/serching merchants/chest
"we are elite, you are not!!"
-goblin elite
brentoboy
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by brentoboy »

Show the ammo supply in the status screen, right next to the Load and Health stats, if you have a ranged weapon equipped.

Would be even cooler if it turned yellow when you had less than 100 and red if you have less than 20.

Or add an "out of ammo" status up in the top left of the play area where you display effects like res sickness and stuff.
PD: Duncan
Reg: Zen / Natasha
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

Polypile ideas:

Artifact polypiling -> Stack 3 x artifact to get one new random one

Enchanted weapon polypiling -> Stack 3 x enchanted weapons to get one new random one

Gold coin polypiling -> Stack 1000000 gold to get something special (Good gold shrink on game that makes economy better)
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

Heikki wrote:Polypile ideas:

Enchanted weapon polypiling -> Stack 3 x enchanted weapons to get one new random one

Gold coin polypiling -> Stack 1000000 gold to get something special (Good gold shrink on game that makes economy better)
+1
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Heikki wrote:Polypile ideas:

Would it be possible to make it so that if you Polypile 3 items that all share a similar property in common then the new item will also have that common property?

IE
3 blackrock items -> random blackrock item
3 +6 weaps -> random +6 weap
3 halberds -> random halberd
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Been brainstorming a little:

How about some kind of "mind over matter" class called "Hermit" or something (since monk is already taken)?
A class that uses intelligence as main stat, but uses no spells.

- Uses mana as health
- Fights using staves
- Wears all unarmoured gear
- Int boosts AS, damage and defence
- A rage skill that greatly regenerates health over time even in combat
- Some kind of stance that increases speed and/or damage of the staves, since they are pretty weak to fight with atm.

Anyone wanna help here? This idea feels like its not great yet :P
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

I'm glad you mentioned new class. I have been thinking of a new class the past couple of days. It kind of flows with your "mind over matter" idea, but I had the name "Bender" as the class name.

As a Bender, your stats would be 15/15/15/55. (like a rogue uses 25/75; str/dex ratio). str/dex/wisdom/int. This would be a great time to reiterate Wisdome, as a Bender is wise. You'd need Dex for "balance", Str for "travel" (like climbing and jumping), Wisdom (Wis) for "survival", and Int for "defense" (attacking).

Unlike your idea, I like the idea of bring in some new spells, but much like the U/A Dojo, you have to learn the spells, not just read a book and poof. Spells would include Earth, Wind, Water, and Fire.

Spell Ideas(?) -help

Code: Select all

__WATER
-Rain --ability to "mist" your opponent and cause difficulties seeing (much like sleeping fists)
-Water Fall --ability to bend water into a wall of water for a fierce attack
-Water Wave --much like "Water Fall" but a harder attack

__EARTH
-Rock Slide --ability to make a mountain crumble and fall into pieces onto their opponent
-Earthquake -- IVPY
-Rock Toss --much like "Ranged" for rogues, just grab a rock and throw it

__FIRE
-Fire Wind -- IFH
-Fire Blast -- VF
-Fire Wave -- IFH when it first came out (when fire dragons first came out, it had multiple hits in that one shot)

__AIR/WIND
-Hurricane --ability to bend the wind into a massive air attack 
-Wind Choke --much like "Throat Strike", you bend the air away from your opponent so that they cannot breathe
-Mirrage --very much like SXQ(mirror images). ability to make mirrages of yourself to help you in time of need
Levels 1-4 spells. As you gain levels, you learn a new element.

Also as different features to being a Bender, you have the power to bend air to make "air pockets" so that you can breathe under water (bringing in a surfing idea), as well as (like avatar the last air bender), you have the ability to make a ball of air to ride on (like the horse mount and drake mount combo, can fly over anything like drake mount, but with speed of horse mount).

Weapons(?)

Code: Select all

__Main Weapons
-Staff 
-Gnarled Staff
-Shillelagh
-Crook

__Secondary Weapons
-Fists
-Gloves

NO OTHER WEAPONS!!
Just an idea that I had been a'brewin up. Feed back?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Mackey wrote:Talked a little with Egg about this:

Level Reset scroll/certificate. Instead of letting you respec your stats, completely refunds your levels so you can use the maeondir shrines too.
/respec2 :ymca:
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

Allow ingots to be enchanted up to the same strength enchantments you can obtain from decon..
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

tiptoeing thru the tulips towards old crafting :whistle:
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

Well the reason I bring it up is because all other crafting materials can be intentionally gathered, if you need venny ingots +3 to get your skill up, you are fairly SOL.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

old crafting wasnt't that bad anyway, it was old buggy polypile
xShawtyx
Good morning, Captain.

Post by xShawtyx »

When using a disenchanting wand, it shows the + it gets disenchanted to in the chat window.
When mass disenchanting 28 stuff down to 15... It would be nice instead of having to look at the pile if you forget what number you are at.

Yes.. I know you could just press alt, but when you are doing it in your house and have 200+ items on the floor, it doesn't work so well.

Also, when items are stacked instead of having to disenchant them one a time, disenchant the whole pile.
Egg chopped off his arm to get rid of a rash, but its okay.. it'll grow back! He's a crab. Trist is my Fav TrollFace!!
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

Turn Wands of Petrification in the Cash Shoppe into improved ones that make a colored version of the statue.
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

MoonGoat wrote:Been brainstorming a little:

How about some kind of "mind over matter" class called "Hermit" or something (since monk is already taken)?
A class that uses intelligence as main stat, but uses no spells.

- Uses mana as health
- Fights using staves
- Wears all unarmoured gear
- Int boosts AS, damage and defence
- A rage skill that greatly regenerates health over time even in combat
- Some kind of stance that increases speed and/or damage of the staves, since they are pretty weak to fight with atm.

Anyone wanna help here? This idea feels like its not great yet :P
Sounds almost like a Jedi minus the Light Sabre. X-D