Ideas thread 2012

Moderator: EUO Moderators

CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Post by CinisterD »

Eclips wrote:I agree that shields are little OP, but I also like the change that was made.
This is why we need the 2012 pvp tourny, so many changes have been made to the classes for PVM, that the balance hasnt been tested PVP. what better way to see if anyone needs a buff/nerf then an all out pvp battle!
Jango
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Jango »

A 'hidden' mode where you cannot be seen as 'on' on global
Nuke em till they glow then shoot them in the dark
xShawtyx
Good morning, Captain.

Post by xShawtyx »

eggmceye wrote:any draw backs to removing the limit of 1 pair of dragonscale boots per character? I've had it suggested but I'm hesitant.
You can only fish up DS boots with addy rods anyway and they drop pretty rarely, even with the one limit per char it doesn't stop people from buying fishing up to 50 on an alt ( Which was probably only made for that reason) to fish them up. So with addy rods being as rare as they are it wouldn't hurt anything
Egg chopped off his arm to get rid of a rash, but its okay.. it'll grow back! He's a crab. Trist is my Fav TrollFace!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Also wouldn't mind scrapping str req for equipping items , such an old idea and it really only is an annoyance to newbies right?
xShawtyx
Good morning, Captain.

Post by xShawtyx »

eggmceye wrote:Also wouldn't mind scrapping str req for equipping items , such an old idea and it really only is an annoyance to newbies right?

Yeah. Sucks for them when first starting out and just finding gear, learning the ropes of the game and not being able to put stuff on cause of the str req.
Egg chopped off his arm to get rid of a rash, but its okay.. it'll grow back! He's a crab. Trist is my Fav TrollFace!!
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

xShawtyx wrote:
eggmceye wrote:Also wouldn't mind scrapping str req for equipping items , such an old idea and it really only is an annoyance to newbies right?

Yeah. Sucks for them when first starting out and just finding gear, learning the ropes of the game and not being able to put stuff on cause of the str req.
Its especially worse for fighters since most will get heavy gear.
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

CinisterD wrote:DS boots are already an "everybody has one" sort of thing, the only thing that would change is more tinted DS boots, which if you ask me kinda needs to happen. and they werent really rare (untinted ones) after about the first week they came out. This wouldnt be such a bad idea.

I wouldnt mind the arty idea either, but thats kinda pushing it
Oh come on I bet my left asscheek that you wouldn't use the DS arti boots if you had +35 int ds boots.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
ChrisCooper

Post by ChrisCooper »

Since global chat is inter-server now, you should do the same for /w

/msg too.
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
Bk

Post by Bk »

CinisterD wrote: This is why we need the 2012 pvp tourny, so many changes have been made to the classes for PVM, that the balance hasnt been tested PVP. what better way to see if anyone needs a buff/nerf then an all out pvp battle!
Because if there is the fear in an unfair advantage, then why test it in the situation where the winner is rewarded. It wouldn't make sense for someone who's had a recent update increase the abilities of their character to come out on top in a PvP tournament when in the end they'll get nerfed for being OP and negating the WHOLE tournament due to the use of performance enhancing bugs ( :cool: Nice lil pun there)
Bk

Post by Bk »

So I think it'd be neat to follow a line of item-set bonuses to introduce new artifacts. Where you can wear a FULL set of HALF a set of specific artifacts to get an additional bonus. No ideas on what exactly yet, but I think it'd be a neat idea to introduce new artifacts, and maybe crappy artifacts that give maybe only one or two stats that alone aren't desirable, but once all is collected and worn an additional attribute or two worth while will be opened up to the player.

To give an idea, here's a set of three pieces: Torso, Leggins, and Boots.
Torso = Platemail (+25 str, +4 def)
Leggins = Greave (+25 str, +4 def)
Boots = Plate Boots (+25 str, +4 def)
Collectively = (sum of all stats above + additional 10 Def, 30 str)

So in all, three pieces give 105 str and 22 def. That might be a little extreme, maybe say 20 str instead and an aditional 20 after all said and done for 80 str and 22 def; this is just a general idea.

An idea also on the Arties, is the make them drop as an artifact with the name it should be given, but random stats on the item itself, however the item-set skill doesn't change. This will give some uniqueness to each arty that drops.

HOWEVER!!!! This Idea I think would be best brought out if it was preceded by the introduction of more Bosses, like the blood queen and Brownthorne. I think simple, much easier bosses would suffice, but the trick here is that these items only drop off of these bosses. They can't be found elsewhere, and when the boss drops an item, its just as rare to find this arty off the boss's drop as it is to find a reg arty off of any drop. This would help prevent the problem of there becoming a quick surplus of these items, much like there is of EVERY other item out there it seems now-a-days. It would give a good meaning to adding these types of bosses, BUT another thing is that I think these bosses should only be present in the instances, to prevent spamming no. 1 and to give meaning to running those dreaded heroic and epic maps that not a lot of people run. Or hell, just make a new set of maps that are designed for a boss-themed instance.

I would just like to see something on the lines of this because other than BQ and Brownthorne there isn't much as far as epicly cool spawns to hunt down and massacre. Plus it would be a nice add for the party side of EUO.

And this would give an excuse to come up with cool boss names and cool names for the new item-set arties ^.^ You can name the artifacts off of the boss, but have all bosses leading up to the main boss (say 2-4 smaller bosses) have a chance to drop the arty as well, or even separate new arties that are not item-set but still unique to the instance and its bosses.
yougotZIPPED!
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by yougotZIPPED! »

how about instead of artifacts glowwimg blue they glow yellow since the name is in yellow :)
Cacktaw

Post by Cacktaw »

I'd like to see an option to drop all my inventory.

I can pick everything up within 9 squares.. why am I unable to drop it all?
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

Can you imagine how many times people might accidentally drop their entire inventory during a hunt and not know it?
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
Cacktaw

Post by Cacktaw »

/dropall
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Talked a little with Egg about this:

Level Reset scroll/certificate. Instead of letting you respec your stats, completely refunds your levels so you can use the maeondir shrines too.
Jango
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Jango »

i want to assign the levels of characters i don't use anymore to other characters
Nuke em till they glow then shoot them in the dark
Xarxias
How do I attack?

Post by Xarxias »

First I'd like to say that the recent pet changes are great. There is only one thing I miss at the moment: when pets level up I think they should get some stat points in Int as well so their MR and spell power also are raised. (Maybe som dex as well.)
And please make them cast heal on themselves more often :).

This way pets will be useful for higher leveled characters instead of insta-dying when you bring them to a harder huntingground.
ritari
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by ritari »

Pet werewolf immune to poison, as we are in werewolf form immune to poison.
1 + 1 = 2
brentoboy
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by brentoboy »

Rogue "Spells" (perhaps "Bard" could be the name of the school)

My thief character has this blue mana bar that is worthless, and there are times when there are thiefy things I'd love to do using "magic."

For instance... Fetch Item. the ability to pick up an item from a distance. Maybe its your gold sitting next to a dragon you don't want to approach. Or a shark corpse you want to grab and butcher, but its too far out to reach. It would be nice to be able to cast a spell to telekineticly grab an item that is inconveniently out or reach.

Distraction. Suppose you are stealthing your way through a sticky situation, and there is an annoying monster standing in a square that is making it impossible for you to navigate to your destination. if you could cast a very short lived illusion of your self, several squares away, that would draw the monster out of his current position to attack your dopple-ganger, then you could sneak by without revealing yourself.

Snipe - Use mana, to increase your range 1 or 2 squares and double your damage. So you could sit, out of range of a monster, possibly hidden, and you could make a shot that does double damage. Perhaps this shot could take several seconds, and cost lots of mana so you couldn't repeat it. (and once you shot a baddy, obviously they will be alerted to your presence and approach anyway)

Enchanted Probe / Pick. Increase your traps/lockpick skills by 5 for several seconds.

Ethereal probe/pick. You create a temporary probe, or pick out of thin air.

Ethereal Ammo. When you suddenly run out of ammo, you can cast this spell, and pull ammo out of thin air for 30 seconds.

Shadow-walker. This would grant a thief the ability to move silently, aided by magical sound cloaking. Essentially, it gives him the ability to move at normal speed for several seconds without risking coming out of the shadows.

Shadow-jump. This is much like the shadowkin's meld ability, except it wouldn't suck. Essentially you use magic to achieve hidden status. Not invisible, not shadowmeld... hidden.

Climb Mountain. Who needs a grappling hook? ... everyone else might, but rogues? they could have a mountain climbing spell/skill. Forgot your grappling hook, or just don't feel like carrying it with you? no problem. Cast this spell, and navigate through that sheer cliff.

Poison. Not that poison does any real damage (at least not to monsters), but it seems like a thief character ought to be able to use up some mana and make his current weapon venomous for a short duration.

Pickpocket. if you are hidden, and you are walking past a monster, you ought to be allowed to attempt to steal anything he might have dropped if you had killed him. This doesn't even have to be a "spell".

Stash Item. This is for "loot" you can't carry. The idea is that you can cast a thief "spell" to stash the item away into oblivion. Meaning you don't have access to it until you get home (or to a bank, or your merchant). Stashed stuff doesn't weigh anything, or perhaps it only weighs a small percent of what it would normally weigh, or perhaps the bag of holding can only hold so much before it is full. Anyway, when you get to a bank, merchant, or your home, your bag of holding instantly empties itself into your normal inventory, so you'll have to unload it at your first opportunity.

Anyway, the overall goal of the thief spells should be to allow the thief to do theify things without having to carry extra equipment. I shouldn't need black potions, or SL scrolls to hide when I find myself in sudden danger. grappling hooks, thousands of arrows, etc. The point in being a rogue is to carry as little as I can get away with, so I can do with less strength, and so I can carry out more loot.
PD: Duncan
Reg: Zen / Natasha
brentoboy
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by brentoboy »

Purchasing Merchants

It would be nice if I could tell my merchant items I would like to purchase, and what price, and how many I want in stock before he should stop buying. I would have to give him enough gold to cover the cost. And then other players could come back after a grind and cash in on random stuff they brought up.

For instance, I could say:
Giant Rat Meat: 4 ... max stock: 100
Mino Hearts: 35 ... max stock: 50
Dull Blue Shards: 65 ... max stock: 30
Cyan pots: 125 ... max stock: 10
Blank Scrolls: 10 ... max stock: 10000
Greater Yellow Pots: 40 ... max stock: 250

Give my merch several thousand gp to cover it all, and then go off adventuring. When I run out of stuff, I head back to my merch and clear him out.

Purchasing merch's could also have "trade" items, to advertise the idea that your player wants certain things. It would be really convenient if these didn't have to be actual items. Just a short description of the sorts of items you'd be interested in getting. For instance: "Vampy Monk Artifacts"
PD: Duncan
Reg: Zen / Natasha