Ideas thread 2012

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Post by Grunkk »

^+1
I was exploring it today and it has a nice layout, plus you can use mounts :). There are also ~3 dungeon tiles that go nowhere so you could add some maps in there.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
Cacktaw
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Cacktaw »

After reading through a handful of these, it seems that you dont wanna touch the Mage class...

Either way, I'd like to see a 'Giant Strength' spell added. Something that doesnt affect hit points, but simply allows me to carry more load.

I'm finding as a pure mage class my carry capacity is so low that while I'm hunting I pick up 2 - 3 pieces of loot and I have to head back to the bank. :rage:

Just feels like a waste of time.

From a role-play perspective I can only see it going into the magery spells because it would be a utility type spell. (offering no HP or AS bonus) It could also be squeezed into Inscription. With inscription it could offer another avenue @ 30 skill points to create something useful instead of a pet rez scroll. (waste of ink if you ask me...)
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

I always did fine. Part of being a mage is making that sacrifice of knowing what to carry and what not to. I usually had 75 str as a mage, and that was plenty.
Cacktaw
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Cacktaw »

Perhaps a 'drop all' inventory option?

Instead of having to go through line by line, drop all of one type of item?

Would cut my bank time down by a fair amount.
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Simple idea for "realism": At night time, bats are randomly spawned on continental Sosaria and outdoors maps that aren't populated towns.
Maybe tougher outdoor maps could hold stronger nocturnal creatures (can only think of vamps and werewolfs but that would suck especially with the plans for vampyrism)

Also for time-schedule realism, at night non-quest related npcs at towns congregate at the pub. I forget which places have a pub or a big enough pub, but just an idea for scheduled events around time and day like the nocturnal outside mobs.

And any noob should be able to handle sporadically generated bats at night, although the various Maeondir parts are tough-as-shit as is without pesky distractions.
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

If you kill the summoner, the summons should die.

Example. Daemon summons 10 daemons, I kill the one daemon, and all 10 summons dissapear. :D
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Aerie wrote:If you kill the summoner, the summons should die.
Agreed!
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Aerie wrote:If you kill the summoner, the summons should die.

Example. Daemon summons 10 daemons, I kill the one daemon, and all 10 summons dissapear. :D
Yeah
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
KoRnAGAIN
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

Mackey wrote:I think the Underworld has shitload of potential. Either add new dungeons to it, or make the mobs in it Epic level.

Agreed!
MAKE THAT SHIT EPIC! :lesson:

-Colt
KoRnAGAIN
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

Double posting---- i know.

My Ideas-

>> I feel that most of the enchants are useless to a degree. My point being, how is it that IJO is dependent on a monsters mana and yet when ever i use, lets say, a VOG enchant; No matter my level, stats, or class, i hit complete shit with it?! The most i've seen enchants like, i.e. - VOG, OG, FG, AM, VAM, hit is 25dmg at most on my fighter on PD. If the damage these enchants did were higher, i feel that'd be 1) more badass, 2) more fucking useful instead of taking up space and being just another disappointing drop, 3) and more valuable for just he EUO economy in general.
>> Maybe make the amount of damage dependent on the amount of INT the user has?
>> Make the amount of damage produced dependent on the users level?

>> Veno weps are another thing that blows my mind. Why is it that a snake can hit Colt @ level 700 and it do hundreds of damage to me and yet when i use a Veno tinted wep on a monster, the shit does nothing :? ? This really sucks because i think Veno has the potential to be just as epic and useful as Vamp but for some reason it's freaking useless accept maybe in a PVP situation. But, that's the same thing. On PVP Veno does work too. It's just against monsters i dont feel it's working?!
>> Allow the veno to do actual damage again monsters in the same effective way it does against PVP and the
monsters wreck us with it :cool:

>> This sort of goes along with my first point against the enchants, but with the weapon special Blood Bolt, that shit does nothing hahahaha! And, i'd like to be able to use it since in my mind it should act like VOG from a mage but it does no damage higher than 20s for me :knife: .
>> Make the amount of damage it produces dependent on the weapon being used? i.e- Great Maul +1 wouldnt
do as much damage as a Great Maul +8 when you used Blood Bolt
>> Make this somehow dependent on the fighters STR? So when using ANY weapon level it'll still do okay damage

Just some of my ideas that i really do hope get improved/fixed :)

-Colt
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Mackey wrote:I think the Underworld has shitload of potential. Either add new dungeons to it, or make the mobs in it Epic level.
Ya damn skippy. It does have potential and yet the place is only necessary for a couple of quests (correct?).

When I first found the Underworld as a newb, for a while I thought it was a new "world" like Maeondir (and yeah, as a newb I had only heard of Maeondir at that time); it had continent-only abilities like mounts and rafts and it was called the "Underworld" as well.

I'd say lessen the amount of mobs that are already in Sosaria and/Maeondir and add in some new ones just how Maeondir got it's own unique mobs. It could really be its own world underneath sosaria.

Not to sound all retro scifi geekshit kid, but when I think of the Underworld I sometimes think of this film my dad showed me on some tv special when I was little:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_to ... 1959_film)

And just as Grunkk said, there are blocked dungeons in Sosaria (and Maeondir, too) that can be used as alternate passages to the Underworld 'continent.'

EDIT: For the record, I have a ton more of ideas / suggestion for it, but I'd wait for response and wanted inquiry by egg before I go spastic with settlements and quests or some crap
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

Scrap IVPY
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

why?
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

i like it.......if i use it. Whites cast it TOOOOOOO much. And if you get like, 3 of them at a time. It's constant IVPY all the time and it lgs the shit out of you at the same time. I agree. Scrap it (from creatures), or at least cut down the % that they are able to cast it.
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

Aerie wrote:i like it.......if i use it. Whites cast it TOOOOOOO much. And if you get like, 3 of them at a time. It's constant IVPY all the time and it lgs the shit out of you at the same time. I agree. Scrap it (from creatures), or at least cut down the % that they are able to cast it.
I think what they are suggesting is that the vibration effect be replaced by perhaps a text message instead. So Instead of the screen vibrating when something casts IVPY, there is instead only a message "X causes an EARTHQUAKE!"
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

The vibrating screen causes me to lag. It probably wouldn't be so bad if whites didn't cast it as much.
Magrock
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Magrock »

I hardly ever used IVPY.

Does setting “no_fps_limit=1” help with this? I think it does but only if you have a good video card.
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

If you're on a raft, and you cast Polymorph, you drown. Dragons can fly, Polymorph should allow you to be able to walk on water. I wouldn't say let it be able to fly over mountains because a regular dragon can't. But it should be able to go over water, "black hole" tiles (whateverthefuckthat'scalled), and that sort of thang.
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

Add vigour+14 and 15, and magic resistance+5 back into the drop list.
Tristin
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Tristin »

Onyxt wrote:Add vigour+14 and 15, and magic resistance+5 back into the drop list.
Meh if he does this i think it should only be added to the droplist for maybe the queen (very rare) and heroic ballys or something that takes some work.
Im a jerk i know it egg knows it , deal with it. Babycakes is my biffle