Ideas thread 2012

Moderator: EUO Moderators

CIAassassin
Posting from my ass computer.

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Post by CIAassassin »

MoonGoat wrote: I meant that you should move as slow as the stealth allows you to move without reavealing yourself. As it is now, a doubletap by mistake at some direction reveals you.
oh, +1 to this. The backstab is not really easy as is now. You still have to wait a second or so after moving to get a successful stab, with this in place rogues wont have to worry about accidentally killing themselves when trying to just walk. Useful on PD.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

but rogues bs is op enough at it is.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
Akyla
I accidently ate my friend's placenta!

Post by Akyla »

MoonGoat wrote:
CIAassassin wrote:
MoonGoat wrote:Lower the speed when stealthed on all others than gnomes to their own maximum stealth speed.
Do what exactly? Rogues already move slower than gnomes when 100% stealth.
I meant that you should move as slow as the stealth allows you to move without reavealing yourself. As it is now, a doubletap by mistake at some direction reveals you.
+1
You get what anyone gets; you get a lifetime.
When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting.
When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished.
Next thing you're going to be moaning that I ought to get a scythe...
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

MoonGoat wrote:
CIAassassin wrote:
MoonGoat wrote:Lower the speed when stealthed on all others than gnomes to their own maximum stealth speed.
I meant that you should move as slow as the stealth allows you to move without reavealing yourself. As it is now, a doubletap by mistake at some direction reveals you.
+2
qwerty
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by qwerty »

Blue Moon
Every 12th full moon turns blue and a Giant Crab stalks New Sosaria.
Reg: ybwen (fighter), Doover (mage), Unicornator (rogue) PD: Vizzini NG: Marklar.

Often had you come here and sat for hours at a time, hoping to once again see the shimmering blue door that would allow you to return to Britannia.
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

qwerty wrote:Blue Moon
Every 12th full moon turns blue and a Giant Crab stalks New Sosaria.
...Or possibly make it some random sea creature like a Giant Squid, Giant Shark, etc.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

MoonGoat wrote:
CIAassassin wrote:
+3
Cacktaw
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Cacktaw »

A Quest Master would offer some relief to the monotony.

Create a mob in town that you can pick up quests ... Give a 10 minute delay in between missions...

Some ideas for quests:
1. Collection quests. IE: an item is generated randomly in the world that you collect and return.
2. Kill quests. IE: Either a random named mob is generated in a random location or a currently spawned mob is tagged for termination for 'crimes against the crown'.
3. Could mix in skill based quests... Cooking certain foods, mixing different potions, fish up a rare fish... (something that encourages growth in the different skill sets)

When you return with the mission completed, the Quest Master could reward you with a small amount of gold, based on level, as well as quest points.

A few items that could be possible to purchase:

1. A wand of chain lightning that has 5 uses, or a rod of 'buffs'...
2. The items you cant make or purchase. IE: Orbs or Sextants
3 . A piece of gear for a new >>quest item slot(bonus idea)<< that can give special affects. IE: Pass-door effect, protection, Sanct, Invisibility. (re-equipping the gear would recast the spell)
4. A tome of Town Portal or Identify (lets you carry up to 100 scrolls for the weight of 1lb)
5. A never ending tankard (an item that fills you up as much as you can eat, weighs a couple pounds...)
6. A stack of pet food that makes acquiring that mob you want a little easier (of course it's the kind of snack ANY mob would want to eat)
7. An awesome fishing pole (a little better chance to fish up a treasure map, or fish a unique item when you've got GM fishing)
8. Chef's Knife (Chance to fillet out more then 1 piece of meat)
9. A summoning stone (Perhaps party members or clan mates can be summoned if they're in a designated area: Clan Hall, Inn or House)
10. A piece of low level gear that is best in slot that wont be replaced until level 35 - 50 (help retain those new recruits?)
11. Convert quest points into experience points
12. A Rename token (for a piece of gear)

Many different options for quest rewards...

Anyway, Plenty that you can do with a quest master...

I'd be taking a hard look at the extra mark/recall option available to purchase. How nice to be able, when I complete the mission or I'm ready to pickup another, to recall RIGHT TO the quest master.

Good luck to us all in 2012.
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

Cacktaw wrote:A Quest Master would offer some relief to the monotony.

Create a mob in town that you can pick up quests ... Give a 10 minute delay in between missions...

Some ideas for quests:
1. Collection quests. IE: an item is generated randomly in the world that you collect and return.
2. Kill quests. IE: Either a random named mob is generated in a random location or a currently spawned mob is tagged for termination for 'crimes against the crown'.
3. Could mix in skill based quests... Cooking certain foods, mixing different potions, fish up a rare fish... (something that encourages growth in the different skill sets)

When you return with the mission completed, the Quest Master could reward you with a small amount of gold, based on level, as well as quest points.

A few items that could be possible to purchase:

1. A wand of chain lightning that has 5 uses, or a rod of 'buffs'...
2. The items you cant make or purchase. IE: Orbs or Sextants
3 . A piece of gear for a new >>quest item slot(bonus idea)<< that can give special affects. IE: Pass-door effect, protection, Sanct, Invisibility. (re-equipping the gear would recast the spell)
4. A tome of Town Portal or Identify (lets you carry up to 100 scrolls for the weight of 1lb)
5. A never ending tankard (an item that fills you up as much as you can eat, weighs a couple pounds...)
6. A stack of pet food that makes acquiring that mob you want a little easier (of course it's the kind of snack ANY mob would want to eat)
7. An awesome fishing pole (a little better chance to fish up a treasure map, or fish a unique item when you've got GM fishing)
8. Chef's Knife (Chance to fillet out more then 1 piece of meat)
9. A summoning stone (Perhaps party members or clan mates can be summoned if they're in a designated area: Clan Hall, Inn or House)
10. A piece of low level gear that is best in slot that wont be replaced until level 35 - 50 (help retain those new recruits?)
11. Convert quest points into experience points
12. A Rename token (for a piece of gear)

Many different options for quest rewards...

Anyway, Plenty that you can do with a quest master...

I'd be taking a hard look at the extra mark/recall option available to purchase. How nice to be able, when I complete the mission or I'm ready to pickup another, to recall RIGHT TO the quest master.

Good luck to us all in 2012.
Maybe a re-think of the rewards but +1
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

MoonGoat wrote:
CIAassassin wrote:

And take out one of the few things in game that requires skill? I don't't think so. Rogues should have patience and skill. Something that being revealed when you walk too fast reflects. I honestly think this should apply to the other classes a s well, but I don't know how it could be implemented.
Cirrus
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Cirrus »

MoonGoat wrote:
CIAassassin wrote:
Eclips wrote: And take out one of the few things in game that requires skill? I don't't think so. Rogues should have patience and skill. Something that being revealed when you walk too fast reflects. I honestly think this should apply to the other classes a s well, but I don't know how it could be implemented.
I second this; I like having to put a little effort in remaining stealthed. However, I don't think I'd like to see it for other classes.
"If my head were any harder, you could use it as a cannonball!" - Pazu from Castle in the Sky

"Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue." - Proverbs 17:28

"The first annual Procrastinators' Club member meeting has been postponed until further notice." - Rusty's old sig.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh i completely agree ... leave as is, it's a minigame, albeit possibly annoying one for some ... but take it out and stealth would get kinda boring way to play
GoldenGanondorf
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by GoldenGanondorf »

Earthquake (IVPY) should cause a slight AEP/Confusion effect. Just to make it useful again.
EUO the only game you can kill a Dragon while butchering his dead brother at the same time.
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

GoldenGanondorf wrote:Earthquake (IVPY) should cause a slight AEP/Confusion effect. Just to make it useful again.
Perhaps it could 'move' monsters away from you, so like if you're surrounded by monsters (or the monster is blocking the only escape route) just IVPY and run.
jumpstart

Post by jumpstart »

Like a stun effect?

I'd like to see IVPY useful, but mages are pretty set where they are. Egg already said he isn't going to touch them with a 10ft pole.
~Mario
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

Make a 'bomb' that any class can use, made with bla bla (details)
Throw the bomb, does Flam Grav and IVPY at the same time, making monsters move back one tile from your position.
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

/whois command that displays a character's class(es) and level ... so people don't have to ask "what level are you" all the time
xShawtyx
Good morning, Captain.

Post by xShawtyx »

Being able to add original pet tomes back to pets without having 100 taming. ( Transfered my nightmare over to Cuteness, didn't realize it didn't have FlameWind on it when I did) So now it just has Fireball. :knife:
Egg chopped off his arm to get rid of a rash, but its okay.. it'll grow back! He's a crab. Trist is my Fav TrollFace!!
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

xShawtyx wrote:Being able to add original pet tomes back to pets without having 100 taming. ( Transfered my nightmare over to Cuteness, didn't realize it didn't have FlameWind on it when I did) So now it just has Fireball. :knife:
But if you need to 'teach' your pet spells, then taming would be an issue even if they already knew it once. You didn't make the 'unlearn' the spells, the guy in strangiato did.
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

I think the Underworld has shitload of potential. Either add new dungeons to it, or make the mobs in it Epic level.