Ideas thread 2011

Moderator: EUO Moderators

xShawtyx
Good morning, Captain.

Re: Ideas thread 2011

Post by xShawtyx »

Eidolon wrote:Hey I got mentioned and I wasn't even here, haha.

And btw, abt the heroic BM and CoS, it's not worth it on reg like Akyla said. Anyone whose ever gone through heroic BM made that way from a DM would know that, haha. It's just ridiculously hard and the loot is the same as regular blood monsters because they already have the highest possible drops. Only would be fun with a party of 5 super high levels (try getting hit by a blood mage for 630 something damage on for size Warmage - doubt you'd live more than 5 seconds).

Silly wabbits

That was kind of the point, most people are high levels now. If you get a group of 5 higher levels who know what the fuck they are doing, it could also be pretty badass.

Anyway- CIA. In response to your whole " Talking down to you" Suck on my spooky rainbow cock.

A raise pet stone, much like the improved raise pet scrolls. Make it 50 addy coins or so? Comes back with full HP
Egg chopped off his arm to get rid of a rash, but its okay.. it'll grow back! He's a crab. Trist is my Fav TrollFace!!
Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Rufio »

CIAassassin wrote:
danny wrote: * shrine of versatility add 3% to class cap
* shadowkin gain full NV
* shadowkin gain +20% AS when not near a light source
there are no "shadowkin," we have bloodkin and shadow folk. Also, full NV will over power shadow folk a bit. If they don't need to wear anything that increases NV they will get +def and +mr into those slots and will start the whole "shadow folk rogues are overpowered" baw thread.
Whats funny is, that wouldnt make a whole lot of difference, i think thats an awesome trait. NOTHING is making shadowkin an actual smart choice, there are so huge advantages such as being 200% class cap or stealth at full speed.
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

I dont mean high level players, I mean nearly capped players - 5 of them. All online at the same time and actually willing to run thru heroic BM. Would be trivially difficult with 5 level 400+ characters. Level 306 ain't shit. But whatever, I mean you guys really wanna be like "ok.. sick of BM we do that all the time. where to go? HEROIC BM???!!!" are you fucking kidding me? haha. How abt the people who spend hours a week on these forums coming up with ideas of new stuff to add make a new map or two? Now theres an idea. And btw making maps is pretty fun. y u r no genioos lyk me?
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Flamesoffire »

Eidolon wrote:I dont mean high level players, I mean nearly capped players - 5 of them. All online at the same time and actually willing to run thru heroic BM. Would be trivially difficult with 5 level 425+ characters. Level 306 ain't shit. But whatever, I mean you guys really wanna be like "ok.. sick of BM we do that all the time. where to go? HEROIC BM???!!!" are you fucking kidding me? haha. How abt the people who spend hours a week on these forums coming up with ideas of new stuff to add make a new map or two? Now theres an idea. And btw making maps is pretty fun. y u r no genioos lyk me?

Get a smart tank and people who aren't idiots. Problem solved. Cause odd how me and Seph did decently well ALONE on heroic blood mobs up to dragons. If we had a smart tank, Could of easily gone much further if we had the option. Hell. Even without a tank, Me and Seph could of done fine until we hit Wyverns. Y U NO HUNT WITH SMARTER PEOPLE?

P.s. If your gonna use Y U NO. Use it right in caps you n00b <3
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
Eidolon

Post by Eidolon »

my point is who the hell wants to hunt in BM even more then they already do? why not newer maps.

Y U NO C MAI POINT??
xShawtyx
Good morning, Captain.

Post by xShawtyx »

Eidolon wrote:I dont mean high level players, I mean nearly capped players - 5 of them. All online at the same time and actually willing to run thru heroic BM. Would be trivially difficult with 5 level 400+ characters. Level 306 ain't shit. But whatever, I mean you guys really wanna be like "ok.. sick of BM we do that all the time. where to go? HEROIC BM???!!!" are you fucking kidding me? haha. How abt the people who spend hours a week on these forums coming up with ideas of new stuff to add make a new map or two? Now theres an idea. And btw making maps is pretty fun. y u r no genioos lyk me?

I started a map, lost interest. That's why I work on getting Tyler to make maps. LM is next, he's too busy making tiles atm. SO suck a fat one!
Egg chopped off his arm to get rid of a rash, but its okay.. it'll grow back! He's a crab. Trist is my Fav TrollFace!!
Flamesoffire

Post by Flamesoffire »

Eidolon wrote:my point is who the hell wants to hunt in BM even more then they already do? why not newer maps.

Y U NO C MAI POINT??
Cause Heroic BM is just something to shut people up till new maps have been made. Duh. Y U NO MAKE MAPS HUH! :3
Eidolon

Post by Eidolon »

heroic bm is a stupid idea, there. take that.

necromancers is where its at.
Flamesoffire

Post by Flamesoffire »

No. People are stupid. To those who can hunt with half a brain, Heroic BM is a good place to get exp. Now, Am i for heroic BM? No. Am i against it? No. But it would take something that's been worn down and make it interesting. So take that sire.
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

Yeah, what they said..
danny
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by danny »

Rufio wrote:NOTHING is making shadowkin an actual smart choice, there are so huge advantages such as being 200% class cap or stealth at full speed.
I hear ya. Btw, I was corrected by one of EUO's few shadowfolk that they are called shadowfolk :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON: If you check out the post though you'll see what I'd listed was those perks for shadowfolk PLUS the suggestion to switch their shadowmeld(?) ability with gnomes current full speed stealth potential. Then there are some ideas on how to make gnomes more appealing to -either- DEX or INT users. It seems to fit the race 'personalities' better.
Eidolon wrote:heroic bm is a stupid idea, there. take that.

necromancers is where its at.
:cool: that's RIGHT.
I usually log in as Toadie!
Akyla
I accidently ate my friend's placenta!

Post by Akyla »

Bards.

Weapon of choice? Musical instruments. This would be a primarily ranged attack (like a screech from a guitar or a haunting melody from a harp).

More of a support class, they would have different "auras" they could play that would increase defense, attack, etc. in a radius around the bard. Rally cry? Dances?

Just a thought. Regardless it might be cool somehow to have a support class that gives people bonuses to something in an aura radius.
You get what anyone gets; you get a lifetime.
When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting.
When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished.
Next thing you're going to be moaning that I ought to get a scythe...
danny

Post by danny »

So, earlier I posted this. It's 'the necromancer I'd like to play'. was hoping for a little more discussion? made a couple little tweaks in blue.
danny wrote:Necromancer class
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* a shortsword melee class that uses dark magic to overwhelm foes before striking the killing blow
* skills: hexblades, 'ritualism', 'spiritism'
* necromancer spells are not INT dependent much like piety and divinity spells
* gains def bonus from light and medium armor
* hexblades - ability to wield a cursed shortsword and gain all the inherent ability's of the shortswords skill. blessed maces to maces is hexblades to shortswords
* change hexblades SDDO to 10%str/90%dex
* hexblade skill still grants title 'slasher'
* ritualism spells can be written on blank scrolls by a ritualist (witch/warlock?) w/ enough skill to cast the spell, the scrolls are soulbound
* writing a ritualism spell takes a small amount of hp depending on the circle of the spell (as they are 'written in blood' symbolizing the personal importance of the 'ritual' and symbolism involved in the nature of the skill)
* undead race can not bleed so they must be adjacent to a corpse to write ritualism spells!!
* ritualism spells can ONLY be cast from a scroll
* add QAW to necromancers spell list and give magery a new circle 6 spell
* ritualism spells:
  • 1, Yelm Quis - place curse - curses an item
    2, In Nox - power word decay - poisons target at range
    3, Des Grav - weaken - cuts nearby enemies' AS
    4, An Xen Lor - blind - blinds target at range
    4, An Xen Mani - sicken - induce sickness at range, possibly simple DOT effect for pvm if monsters cannot contract sickness
    5, In Jux - magic trap - leaves a hidden trap on a tile triggered when an enemy steps on it
    5, Quas An Wis
    6, Jux Por Grav - power word choke - induce choking status and hamstrung status at range until you move from your current space, possibly slight DOT with the same movement resriction for pvm if monsters functions are different
    6, An Yelm Sanct - dark shroud - all adjacent enemies take damage
    7, Sanct Quas - conceal - immediately hides you and all nearby allies. not invis, you still go out of hiding if you have no stealth skill and move. allows use of backstab for necromancers but would clearly have need of a small cooloff to prevent cheesing
    8, An Ort - silence - temporarily disable adjacent target from casting magical abilities
    8, Des Rel Corp - plague - inflict plague on target at range
* spiritism spells:
  • 1, Kal Jux - minor fear - causes adjacent target to flee in terror
    2, Kal Des - minor raise dead - summons a skeleton
    2, Ex Bet Lor - nightvision
    3, Rel Xen Grav - anger - you and nearby allies' rage gains 2x
    4, Vas Kal Des - raise dead - raises undead mobs based on level
    4, Des Xen Mani - dark force - casts heal other on all undead mobs or players
    5, Rel Xen Sanct - energy bind - costs 20% of your total hp. fully restores nearby allies' mana
    6, Quas Por - haunt - teleport to square adjacent to target, square based possibly on the direction facing when cast so they could appear 'behind' the target
    6, Xen Des Wis - bloodsmell - temporary ifravision
    7, Kal Des Grav - raise flesh scourge - raise a single undead champion w/ high physical attack
    7, Kal Des Ort - raise mind scourge - raise a single undead champion w/ high magical attack
    7, Vas Kal Jux - greater fear - causes all nearby enemies to flee in terror
    8, Rel Xen Yelm - pain bind - target temporarily receives the same amount of damage it inflicts on you and all nearby allies
And here's my take on
Bards
~~~~~
* a class of intelligent folk who choose to put their minds to something other than simply runic magic
* skills: performance, song-lore, intuition
* with intuition the bards unarmed skill is boosted with rage to a maximum of 100% of full intuition skill, with corresponding full (100%) rage
* intuition grants a boost to the passive dodge ability usually gained with DEX
* intuition skill warns the bard when he is adjacent to traps, or if not already being pursued by a mob when he is just out of range of a mob's vision
* intuition raises by engaging in combat
* performance allows the bard to both craft and use swords with uncanny skill
* with performance the bard gains a 1 point boost in any crafting skill with each use to a maximum of the bards total performance skill
* crafting skill bonuses gained from performance skill disappear when the bard uses a different crafting skill
* performance abilities:
  • dance of the aristocrat - boosts your foils skill to match performance skill
    dance of the disciple - boosts your longswords skill to match performance skill
    rogue masquerade - boosts your DEX to match your INT, reverses the effect of 'warrior poet' ability
    warrior poet - boosts you STR to match your INT, reverses the effect of 'rogue masquerade' ability
* song-lore abilities (or songs) may only be performed while wielding a musical instrument
* song effects (when applicable - MOST are) are INT based
* some one handed instruments (pan-flute? ocarina? tambourine?) with lessened effects may be added for the bard who does not wish to key bind his instrument and weapons of choice
* songs are all easily available to learn at any level
* you and your party members are only effected by the last song played, when another is played the effect is switched
* mobs, which are occasionally targeted by song-lore abilities, are likewise only effected by the last song played. playing a support song for yourself snaps the monsters from the previous effect
* switching out a readied instrument for a weapon does not end the effect of the song (as it can be assumed that the song is carried on vocally, chanted by both the bard and his party, and also because the emotional effect could be said to linger. of course for gameplay this allows the bard both the use of his songs' effects AND combat freedom)
* song-lore abilities:
  • song of compassion - grants you and your allies truesight, nightvision, attack speed boost and a stealth boost
    song of valor - gives you and your allies immunity to disarming and a boost in def and MR, boost raises at 50% hp and again at 10% hp
    song of honesty - gives you and your allies hp and mana regeneration even in battle
    song of justice - boosts you and your allies' DEX
    song of honor - boosts you and your allies' STR
    song of sacrifice - boosts you and your allies' AS and damage
    song of spirituality - gives a boost to you and your allies' respective highest stat (to both, or even all, if they are equal) this songs stat boost is not quite as high as those in the songs of justice and honor
    song of humility - you and your allies' gain immunity to poison, disease, blinding, sleep, bleeding, choking, paralysis, and hexing and a boost to hp
    dirge of fear - causes all enemies to flee in terror and cuts their max hp
    march of hatred - releases on all enemies damage over time and cuts their def and MR
    ballad of falsehood - put enemies with low enough MR into a neutral state
* songs are learned simply by meditating (not leveling, just meditating for a while) at their respective shrines while an instrument is readied. 'just long enough to gain a bit of musical inspiration'
* offensive songs might be learned by dying certain ways

I do this out of boredom. Does it sound playable though? :geek:
I usually log in as Toadie!
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

really? another long post. i'm not reading that
Lemonope
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Lemonope »

Other Dy-able parts for avatars, as many avatars contain almost no grey at all.
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

Aerie wrote:really? another long post. i'm not reading that
Really? Another smart ass post from you. Chill dude. :--;:
Gildur

Post by Gildur »

prolly mentioned before but here goes:

another area for players lvl 300+ other than the one we got, BM. doesn't have to be better or uber loot or anything, just different.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

nothing but side arm moderators and bullshit in here right now.
danny wrote:
Rufio wrote:NOTHING is making shadowkin an actual smart choice, there are so huge advantages such as being 200% class cap or stealth at full speed.
...they are called shadowfolk :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON: If you check out the post though you'll see what I'd listed was those perks for shadowfolk PLUS the suggestion to switch their shadowmeld(?) ability with gnomes current full speed stealth potential. Then there are some ideas on how to make gnomes more appealing...
Here is what you posted on the subject:
danny wrote:Race Adjustments
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* switch gnomes ability to move at full speed while hidden w appropriate dex and stealth and shadow folk ability to hide at any time
* make gnomes immune to AEP and XJ
* draconians gain the the ability to raise all class specific skills to 115%
* shrine of versatility add 3% to class cap
* shadow folk gain full NV +4 instead of +2
* shadow folk gain +20% AS when not near a light source
* shadow folk get increased dodge capabilities
* gnomes gain 2x MR when at 0 rage that wears as rage grows
After your post I went in and tried shadowmeld a bit. (I added the stuff in red)

Shadowmeld cons:
  • Can't do anything while in meld
    Long cool off
    Possible reveal and no stealth capability due to proximity
Some things that would make shadowmeld more useable:
  • Lower cool off (<10 seconds)
    Works like a short version of stealth spell (5 seconds or so, like a smokebomb)
    Able to move a few squares before leaving
    Immune to reveal
    Activates when health is at a certain %
Now, Shadowfolks' race bonus of 15% to ranged and SS. I don't think that extra % really pays off in a decent amount of actual damage (I could be wrong), instead of 15% increase maybe an increase in attack speed for GM?
Gildur wrote:prolly mentioned before but here goes:
another area for players lvl 300+ other than the one we got, BM. doesn't have to be better or uber loot or anything, just different.
You trollin??
Last edited by CIAassassin on Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
Akyla
I accidently ate my friend's placenta!

Post by Akyla »

Dual class > most races, in most cases.

Only reason I state this is for the simple fact races really need some kind of buff.
You get what anyone gets; you get a lifetime.
When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting.
When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished.
Next thing you're going to be moaning that I ought to get a scythe...
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

Akyla wrote:Dual class > most races, in most cases.

Only reason I state this is for the simple fact races really need some kind of buff.
Yeah i noticed this too when we were just in bm with 5 humans that were all dual classed. X-D