Ideas thread 2011

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Re: Ideas thread 2011

Post by Grunkk »

So you shank other men with sex?
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
Akyla
I accidently ate my friend's placenta!

Post by Akyla »

Lemonope wrote:* Races to have their own starting areas (Instead of every race starting at nord)

* Secret map for every race that only the race can access (non-races can access with the /invite (party) command only from the correct race)

*scrap the /bind command to a scroll (monster drop), and maybe lvl 30+ required to be able to bind another town.

+1
You get what anyone gets; you get a lifetime.
When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting.
When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished.
Next thing you're going to be moaning that I ought to get a scythe...
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

Akyla wrote:
Lemonope wrote:* Races to have their own starting areas (Instead of every race starting at nord)

* Secret map for every race that only the race can access (non-races can access with the /invite (party) command only from the correct race)

*scrap the /bind command to a scroll (monster drop), and maybe lvl 30+ required to be able to bind another town.

+1
+1 more
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

Add a special apothecary merchant in Sandy Valley that sells the monster dropped items for alchemy. For example: basilisk eyes, sparkling motes, gazer brain etc. Price them at like 50-100g a piece for a nice gold sink.
stegos
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by stegos »

Some ideas:

1. On the mini-map of the continent, please mark all town, shrine, dungeon, etc., entrances with a colored dot. IMO, each of those is important enough feature to be noted. It would really help on the weekly PD since the map changes all the time. Land is gray, forest is green, mountain is white, water is blue, so town/shrine/mine entrance would be ... yellow like a ladder? BTW, yellow is a bit hard to see surrounded by white, so maybe purple instead?

2. A non-GUI client or option? Basicially just the bottom text/command window. It would be good for chatting or crafting while at work without attracting attention. ;-) Hmm... Not sure how the bank / inventory / stats / spells-list would work without the pane. Just something to make it more command-window-like instead of obviously game-like for those of us trying to stealth it IRL. Would that be a MUD then? Ha, and players logged into the text-only client would appear as blind to the other GUI-client players. :-) The look command should work though - I've known at least 2 folks legally blind that could see things directly next to them.
- the true heart of ultima... is virtues and all that hippie crap - eggmceye, 2-jul-04
- Sorry would be the day that Stegos does not have some ideas, even bad ones. - me, 26-oct-05
- K goin back 2 Erth now ... - Morthwyl's Dino, 27-nov-07
- Level-up tax - the BEST gold sink! - me, 9-jan-09
- Stegos said it best... - Akyla, 21-sep-04