Re: Ideas thread 2011

Post by Aerie »

Good point.. :D
danny
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by danny »

half imp race avatars.
very quick mock up just to present idea.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I usually log in as Toadie!
CIAassassin
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by CIAassassin »

double post
Last edited by CIAassassin on Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

danny wrote: * shrine of versatility add 3% to class cap
* shadowkin gain full NV
* shadowkin gain +20% AS when not near a light source
there are no "shadowkin," we have bloodkin and shadow folk. Also, full NV will over power shadow folk a bit. If they don't need to wear anything that increases NV they will get +def and +mr into those slots and will start the whole "shadow folk rogues are overpowered" baw thread.

While half imps would make med armour useful, it would probably just be easier to scrap it and have UA, Light and Heavy.
xShawtyx wrote:Making BM/ CoS heroic. Less map work, still harder mobs.
Which would exacerbate the situation of egg having to make higher level mobs for us to grind on (so to speak.)

Ok I'm done being the negative nancy. Good ideas, just pointing out some flaws.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

sorry for triple posting. It has been brought up before but just putting it out there again.

Mobs have levels:
int main()
{

int playerLevel, mobLevel, xpGain, MOB_XP, XP_GAIN;

If (playerLevel-mobLevel >= 102);
{
XP_GAIN == 1;
Else
xpGain == [(MOB_XP) - [[(playerLevel-mobLevel).01](MOB_XP)]];
}

}

This would help slow down players extreme leveling. Would increase partying if the party XP increase was applied after. No need for a level cap. This would also specifically allow for mobs to be adjusted into "this is for the level 40-60" player range.

(it's been a while since I've coded so please no comments on the absurdity of this code, I assumed all variables and constants names.)
Last edited by CIAassassin on Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rikimaru

Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

What's wrong with the way it is now? It's already slow at high levels, why make it that much worse. You can only do so much crafting until that's all you can do.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

Aerie wrote:What's wrong with the way it is now? It's already slow at high levels, why make it that much worse. You can only do so much crafting until that's all you can do.
slow at high levels? Not really. A good party of 5 going through BM can get 1 level in an hour (obviously a gross generalization.) Sandfire has said that he can get that with his usual party, and egg has specifically said that it gets easier to level at high levels. This only came from shawty wanting a "heroic" version of BM / CoS. The XP there is already huge, there isn't a need to increase it. Why not just have more random "DM event instants" in the maps.
Rikimaru

Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Rufio »

CIAassassin wrote:
Aerie wrote:What's wrong with the way it is now? It's already slow at high levels, why make it that much worse. You can only do so much crafting until that's all you can do.
slow at high levels? Not really. A good party of 5 going through BM can get 1 level in an hour (obviously a gross generalization.) Sandfire has said that he can get that with his usual party, and egg has specifically said that it gets easier to level at high levels. This only came from shawty wanting a "heroic" version of BM / CoS. The XP there is already huge, there isn't a need to increase it. Why not just have more random "DM event instants" in the maps.
Yeah its still slow. If you dont party like it is now, i could solo for a good three-four hours before even getting close to a level. No one needs "DM event instances" there are enough rares out now that its not even cool to get them anymore putting more opportunities to heighten your chances of them would just make EUO's market and the thrill of finding better items lower of not kill it. Also, dont forget the complaining of the people not getting them. :--;:
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
†WARMAGE†
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by †WARMAGE† »

xShawtyx wrote:Making BM/ CoS heroic. Less map work, still harder mobs.
+1

Though i wont be able to kill them for Hundreds of levels, It would be awesome and definitly something to work for. Not to mention the completly insane loots from the blood creatures.
xShawtyx
Good morning, Captain.

Post by xShawtyx »

CIAassassin wrote:

With Sandfire and 4 other high level players are you aware of how hard it is still going to be? Not going to be a walk in the park, so you're not going to grind it for hours like you do regular BM.
Egg chopped off his arm to get rid of a rash, but its okay.. it'll grow back! He's a crab. Trist is my Fav TrollFace!!
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

Rufio wrote: Yeah its still slow. If you dont party like it is now, i could solo for a good three-four hours before even getting close to a level. No one needs "DM event instances" there are enough rares out now that its not even cool to get them anymore putting more opportunities to heighten your chances of them would just make EUO's market and the thrill of finding better items lower of not kill it. Also, dont forget the complaining of the people not getting them. :--;:
well you are soloing, that is why it takes three to four hours for a level. If I understand you, I have only gotten one of those events so I didn't know that they were so common..
xShawtyx wrote: With Sandfire and 4 other high level players are you aware of how hard it is still going to be? Not going to be a walk in the park, so you're not going to grind it for hours like you do regular BM.
ok and then what? You grind the heroic till you can beat it like you can the standard BM, then you want harder mobs. Like I said exacerbating the high level mobs desire. Also, don't talk down to me, I introduced YOU to this game. I am well aware of the aspects of the game. If you all hate grinding the same map over and over again, make a new character and try out the new lower level maps.
Rikimaru

Akyla
I accidently ate my friend's placenta!

Post by Akyla »

Heroic BM would only be worthwhile in PD? I think the XP would be faster in regular BM on reg at least.
You get what anyone gets; you get a lifetime.
When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting.
When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished.
Next thing you're going to be moaning that I ought to get a scythe...
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

@cia kwitchurbtchn dude. noone cares.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

Aerie wrote:@cia kwitchurbtchn dude. noone cares.
Seriously, who the fuck are you and do you ever contribute anything other than being a weak sidearm moderator or a kissass? No where in there was I bitching. I was simply putting out ideas, and criticizing others, for the game. Making something harder is for a short term gain of mashing through levels, something that egg doesn't want to do.
Rikimaru

Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

He doesn't, you're right, but when you're being an ass and saying that you brought so and so into the game, what the fuck does that matter? It's just a fucking ideas thread, if you don't like it, then don't post. And don't worry about who I am. I have been here long enough to know..
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

Hey I got mentioned and I wasn't even here, haha.

And btw, abt the heroic BM and CoS, it's not worth it on reg like Akyla said. Anyone whose ever gone through heroic BM made that way from a DM would know that, haha. It's just ridiculously hard and the loot is the same as regular blood monsters because they already have the highest possible drops. Only would be fun with a party of 5 super high levels (try getting hit by a blood mage for 630 something damage on for size Warmage - doubt you'd live more than 5 seconds).

Silly wabbits
danny

Post by danny »

Hey Joel, tell me you wouldn't wanna dual class as a rogue/necromancer X-D
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

A Priest/Necromancer :)
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
danny

Post by danny »

Grunkk wrote:A Priest/Necromancer
hm.. that ought to somehow be impossible
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

Necromancer is badass, period. Definitely hopes it makes it into euo that'd be a really great addition