Ideas thread 2010

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Ideas thread 2010

Post by Keighn »

Ah Mort you should've posted that in my gfx thread. I was going to start posting the paper-doll items/gear from variour mobs. Its half the fun I have with euo. I'm just lazy about posting it. I generally work with humanoids and hadn't thought about doing it to mobs like that though.

BTW, what do you use to make the animated gifs. I can split gifs but i can't seem to make one.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Keighn wrote:Ah Mort you should've posted that in my gfx thread. I was going to start posting the paper-doll items/gear from variour mobs. Its half the fun I have with euo. I'm just lazy about posting it. I generally work with humanoids and hadn't thought about doing it to mobs like that though.

BTW, what do you use to make the animated gifs. I can split gifs but i can't seem to make one.
What gfx threat ? I doubt you mean the "tiles and avatars".
Anyways i used a program called animake, which i cannot recommend cause it comes with advertisement. I will search for a better program when I have more time on hand and post a link over in the "tiles and avatars" threat.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Yep, I meant the tiles and avatar thread. Anything graphical that's a good thread to post. I can handle advertisments. Sure they're annoying, but the finished product is all I'm really interested in.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

that's excellent work - tho I'd be more interested in generic player avs, because I think changing what you (the player) looks like is more inticing
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

thanks ... i will give the player avs a try and post them over in keighn's "tiles and avatars" thread (probably not before tomorrow).
anyways i think generic mobs would be nice too if their abilities would change with the equipment, like blocking, spellcasting, special moves, etc.. Besides some player use mob avs.
firepox
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by firepox »

how about gear that gives permanent buffs that are similar to food buffs until its unequiped
maybe classified under artifacts or maybe an addon like tints or like leeching

for example silverhide leather boots +14 int of speed. (+10% dex)
plate boots of dex +14 of demons (black dragon pudding effect)

hope you like this idea

p.s. if the effects are stackable some effects might need to be nerfed or buffed from what the food buffs give
xShawtyx
Good morning, Captain.

Post by xShawtyx »

Map CO's showing in the corner like Bandage/pot cool off. (<3 shorterm memory) Or I think McDeath suggested something like (/mc )Where you have a list of maps you've read you have to dig up
Egg chopped off his arm to get rid of a rash, but its okay.. it'll grow back! He's a crab. Trist is my Fav TrollFace!!
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

The option for custom graphics and music for maps. Example, if you wanted to use a different graphic for gold in your map you could include a png file named item_100.png that has only the new graphic. It would only replace the gold coins graphic. Or if you could include a .mid file with your map and that would be the music that is played while people are playing the level. All the custom graphics and music could be kept in a subfolder with the same name as the map file (lvl001, lvl002, etc). The downside to all this is that the first time the player enters the level they'll have to download all the custom graphics. Since it's only the one time it'd load I don't really see this as that much of an issue.
Grue
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Grue »

Ok, not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I'll give it a try.
When a rogue is in stealth, and performs a backstab, how about some chance ( based on stealth skill / dexterity formula ) that allows them to stay in stealth?
The logic being that, the bugger remained hidden up to this point, and got behind the person to stab them in the back . . . methinks the mark might be a little slow to begin with, and may not notice where the blow came from. :knife:
"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overrides the fear of death. - Speed Freak Motto "
"The Long Run - Daniel Keys Moran"
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

actually, what would be nice is if there were mobs around to see it then the rogue stays hidden, but comes out of hiding otherwise - which would be a convenience
Grue
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Grue »

I would agree with that as well . . . just because the target isn't the brightest bulb in the drawer doesn't mean that the ones around him are just as dim. Not bad . . . I had thought strictly along the one on one lines, but you raise a good point.
"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overrides the fear of death. - Speed Freak Motto "
"The Long Run - Daniel Keys Moran"
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Any thoughts on special boss mobs with special possee (ie. Martha the Ice Bitch, surrounded with say 3-6 like mobs with cold attack). Pure diablo 2 influence.
D2U
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by D2U »

i think the current +1-9 for weps favors the use of faster weps, I dunno if this has alrdy been brought up or not but yea the dps will go up faster on the faster weps, so thats why not many people use slower weps cuz the DPS increase is slower. I suggest making it so medium and slow speed weps have higher damage increases in each + than faster ones.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

that was addressed about 6 years ago actually. both the + and the stat bonus is scaled inversely to wep speed so as far as dps goes it's the same for a fast and slow wep
D2U
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by D2U »

o, ok ;P
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

While talking about the level cap I had the thought of level-draining mobs, probably an unpopular idea!

But what if levels that were drained could be restored?

Everyone says there's too much gold in the game, so why not use that to pay for a restoration? The higher the level restored the more gold it costs! It'll fix the economy! :P
Djanno :smoke:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

There really is no utopian economy IRL or ingame.
What exactly would a lost lvl do?
Does it drain stats?
Which stats?
Is it cheesable?

(option would be to leave your stats as is upon a drain so if you did med at shrines to get your levels back you wouldn't be getting more stats).

A Restoration from the Healer would be prime.
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Keighn wrote:
What exactly would a lost lvl do?

Just undo whatever you had boosted and erase xp... I guess there would have to be a record of the player's leveling history to account for losing more than one level.
Djanno :smoke:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

2 melee class ideas

i) fighters, a use for tactics:
at 100 tactics (or whatever %) you can go into 'tank stance' where you have +50% mr, +50% def but do -50% dmg

ii) the str/dex thing irritates me for fighters - there are 3 ratios to choose from: 90/10 (poles, maces), 75/25 (axes), 50/50 (ls) - it kinda locks you down to one (or 2) weapon types
could make ls & ax 60/40 or 70/30 (and give out free respecs to anyone with 100 fighter)
this only partially solves it by creating 2 fighter stat builds - one is slightly more hp heavy
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

eggmceye wrote:2 melee class ideas

i) fighters, a use for tactics:
at 100 tactics (or whatever %) you can go into 'tank stance' where you have +50% mr, +50% def but do -50% dmg
Ever play FFXII? There is a "Sentinel" class that constantly is in defensive poses and has a taunt ability. Eventually they unlock the ability to counter.
What if defensive pose acted in a similar manner. Instead of lowering dmg what if you halved attack speed and walking speed while in the defensive stance.