Ideas thread 2010

Moderator: EUO Moderators

1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Re: Ideas thread 2010

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Keighn wrote:Looking at that gave me another idea. Jobs. I mean actually working in the game. Anyone who's played Magic Candle will remember working in the smithy for some odd amount of gold per day.

Job possibliities:
Apprentice Shopkeep (food, blacksmith, cook, other)
Guard (sorry no guard lightning for you).
Clean out the Stalls (horse, cow, chicken poop oh my)
Filing Clerk
Fetching Water in the well.
Fire Department
Trim the brush/mow the lawn and keep the towns looking good.
Pick up trash
Garbatge Dump.
Change the linen in the beds.
Maid
Waiter

Not sure how interesting having a job in a game is as many of us play games to get away from work.
I would love to see jobs added into the game. It would give something to do in your favorite town especially if there were different ranks with pay increases, promotions, etc.
IGN: 1
Evanthia
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Evanthia »

eggmceye wrote:don't worry, I'm not touching mages any time soon
And this is why I should be banned from the forums between the hours of 3am and 7am my time. XD
They say insanity is bad, but it hasn't killed me yet.
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
Finished contests:
Scavenger hunt; Winner: Rusty
Bounty Hunter; Winner: Kin
What's that GOLEM?; Winner: Sephiroth

Current contest:
http://www.forums.swut.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4052 ((Triple Competition, great prizes!))
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Quest mobs:
Some of the quest bosses are complete pussies. I blasted the crap out of grendel before a regular mino chief died by a long shot. Here's a few simple ideas:

Quest Boss mobs: (the hydra guy is fine as he's pretty damn luad up)
x5 hp
x3 damage/mr/int

Specials:
Firehorn in minos shoots fireballs
Grendel is poisonous or has ivpy power as he stomps the ground./summons minotaur chiefs
King Knuckleheads summons lots of trolls of all types.

I need to check out all the bosses quest mobs. I think they should be memorable and tough. Put on your thinking caps and suggest some ideas.
Xaryna
How do I attack?

Post by Xaryna »

Marriage

Getting Married
Two players interested in getting married purchase addy coins to get the Wedding Rings. They then proceed to a wedding NPC to exchange vows. The players get the rings back, and the two players are married.

Benefits
- Rings gives them the ability to summon each other.
- They get a wedding buff if their spouse is within a certain proximity (+5% perhaps?).
- More exp if they grind together within proximity.

Divorcing could give a penalty like -2% for a certain amount of time for a broken heart.
Khelben
on lolpatrol

Post by Khelben »

Xaryna wrote:Marriage

Getting Married
Two players interested in getting married purchase addy coins to get the Wedding Rings. They then proceed to a wedding NPC to exchange vows. The players get the rings back, and the two players are married.
Max, we've been playing this game together for over 7 years now, what do you say?
ibrowniedefender
on lolpatrol

Post by ibrowniedefender »

would this include mormons?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I'm so not getting married no matter what the in-game bonus.
CIAassassin
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by CIAassassin »

Getting Married

Benefits
- Rings gives them the ability to summon each other.
- They get a wedding buff if their spouse is within a certain proximity (+5% perhaps?).
- More exp if they grind together within proximity. (thats what she said!!! sorry couldnt resist)

Divorcing could give a penalty like -2% for a certain amount of time for a broken heart.
Ok, was thinking about multi-button mice. is it possible to set up hotkeys to the mouse buttons, eg: button 3 yellow pot etc? With the current mouse implementation the attacking and casting is already incorporated into the R/L clicks. Was reading the forum about the mouse, and if Egg is trying to make the usage of mice similar to how FPS work for him, then being able to hotkey multi-button mice would be badass and make the mouse function that much more enjoyable.

oh, if this is already an idea sue me. I am tired of searching and my brain just isnt working anymore for search phrases.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Keighn wrote:I'm so not getting married no matter what the in-game bonus.
Exactly. I wanted to say something, but I was too scared to bash away at the idea. Marriage in an online game is too... much of a novelty. /shudders when thinking of games like secondlife.

I'd like to see boardable npc pirate ships with multiple levels. A kind of dungeon crawling on the highsees!
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
Evanthia

Post by Evanthia »

Ozimandias wrote:
Keighn wrote:I'm so not getting married no matter what the in-game bonus.
Exactly. I wanted to say something, but I was too scared to bash away at the idea. Marriage in an online game is too... much of a novelty. /shudders when thinking of games like secondlife.

I'd like to see boardable npc pirate ships with multiple levels. A kind of dungeon crawling on the highsees!
Maybe not just pirate ships, but multiple types of ships that can be boarded from a raft/ship or if the ship is close enough to land.
They say insanity is bad, but it hasn't killed me yet.
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
Finished contests:
Scavenger hunt; Winner: Rusty
Bounty Hunter; Winner: Kin
What's that GOLEM?; Winner: Sephiroth

Current contest:
http://www.forums.swut.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4052 ((Triple Competition, great prizes!))
dshadowplay

Post by dshadowplay »

I remember when I was new I asked something like, 'Will there ever be anything in dressers/barrels when I 's'earch them?' Would it be possiable to have maps randomly generate occasional items on tiles that look like they would contain something?
TheOneGuy
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by TheOneGuy »

what if you pirate ships spawn on the high seas and when you board one you go to a different map to fight off 50 some odd pirates then it becomes your ship (not like ship in a bottle ) cant take it with you if it dies its GONE
all i want is a test server for maped then ill be happy ...
ThePred
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by ThePred »

more game wide events. (I miss obnoxious "Spaz" lag)
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

ThePred wrote:more game wide events. (I miss obnoxious "Spaz" lag)
I think there are enough events. DMs like Beavis put a lot of time and work into their events and they turn out great. It would be rude to ask for more.
IGN: 1
galric
How do I attack?

Post by galric »

Hello EUO forums, and thank you to the developers of this game.
This may have been suggested already, but I'd really like to see some sort of logistical support, via pack mules, oxcarts or wagons for example. Admittedly it may unbalance things without a system of item degradation in place; however, it will make larger scale economic activity possible.
uff
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

I'm sure that's been said, but you put it in a much better way. You should put that in the RFC Pets thread, since companions that could do that would normally be pets. Then again, it's prolly been said there as well. Nonetheless it WOULD improve efficiency of the in-game economy. One of the many reasons I don't use the Bartertown anymore is due to not feeling like transporting items a few at a time to and from.
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Ah, KPY and KOP + Town Portal are your friend there.
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

Actually transporting large amounts of items to bartertown is pretty easy. Just go to your merchant and cast KPY or use a KPY scroll. Go home and load up then cast KOP or use a KOP scroll.

The problem i have is with pricing all the things in my merchant. It get's kinda tedious to individually price 20-30 items. I think someone suggester a /priceall command (it might have been me) that would set the price of all the items in your merchant to a single price. After that you could just go through your merchant list and adjust prices for specific items. I would probably put alot more stuff in my merchant if there was a /priceall command available.
ion
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by ion »

Mostly a personal and PD issue, but can there be some way for us LOTLers to get spices. I think it is the only ingredient that i currently can't get, and i dunno what you would deconstruct to get them but i would sure love to have some!!!
Can someone buy me a res stone?
IT IS S
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by IT IS S »

Marriage: EUO promoting same sex marriage XD. Level up your Marriage skill to get some awesome Polygamy going on :psychotic: :heart: :smoke:
How about a tint/enchant that raises your stealth skill. (100% stealth guys could perhaps walk faster->no bonus for gnomes)
BTW the ship idea is awesome.
There is no cheesing that is not skill