Ideas thread 2008

Moderator: EUO Moderators

L1ndaP
Good morning, Captain.

Post by L1ndaP »

I would like to see a merchant that retains what is sold to it. Other players could buy from these merchants what other players sold. It would be a good money sink Limit it to 100 items and as new things came in, the oldest is taken off.

It would also give a player the opportunity to buy back something that they accidentally sold (I have done that before)
Kendal Kaelyn Stryker
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

I like the idea of a resale shop. You could have it where players could sell weapons and armor to it for the normal amount a NPC shops pays for the item. Then the shop would sell the items to players at the default price (the price items default to when you put them in your merchant). I like the 100 item limit, that would keep the shop from becoming too full. As new items are added then old items could drop off the list.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Well, if the magic shovel always broke once it dug up a chest or cavern than it would be less cheesy. And the player would have to be within a certain range of the tresure or else they would get the typical, "You dig but find nothing" message.
Devlin
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Devlin »

If someone determined the exact location of the treasure, they could use a regular shovel to dig it up and preserve their magic shovel for another use (which is why I called cheese on the suggestion).

I've not really got any good suggestions for new features anymore.
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

Different type of transferrence wands:
Forexample: Wand +1, Wand +2 , Wand +3 and so on..

Wand +1 Could do +1 weps, stats +6, armours +1
Wand +3 Could do +3 weps, stats +9, armours +3
Wand +5 Could do +5 weps, stats + 12, armours +4
Wand +7 Could do +7 weps, stats + 15, armours +6

Maybe allso tinted wands?
Like:
Vampire +5 wand could be used for +5 vampy weps

This is just raw idea... +:s might be too high or too low.
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

Unarmed as a classless skill, but possibly at the cost of sorcery.
Rusty wrote:1. unarmed + 100% fighter
This is the way it currently is now. You get the tactics skill which helps with AS and defense.

2. unarmed + 100% rogue
You get stealth, locks, traps, ranged and short swords and foils if you so choose. Now for UA you need str/dex at 50/50 for optimum damage but the rogue weapons are all 75/25 except for foils which is 100% dex. Therefore a monk would be at a slight disadvantage using a rogue weapon. A monk could however carry a rondel with him and use it only when he wanted to backstab. All this amounts to is a rogue that has skill fighting unarmed, which really doesnt add much to the rogue class but to unarmed it adds a useful set of skills.

3. unarmed + 100% mage
There's 2 ways that this might work. 1. the char is built as a pure mage and the unarmed skill is a secondary skill. 2. the char is built as a pure monk and the magic skills are a secondary skills. Way number 1 is pretty much useless to mages. Why would they strike with an unarmed attack when they have a huge supply of sorcery spells to pick from? One mage using VOG can do at least 5 time the damage as an unarmed strike because he could hit multiple targets. Way number 2 would be useful to the monk. The monk would prolly never use the sorcery spells because they would drain his limited mana very quickly, however the piety and magery spells would be useful.
This, to me would be the single most innovative change EUO could hope for.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second idea. I already know all too well how egg will feel about this one...
egg wrote:I have about 70 other things I'd rather put in euo than stealing from other players so don't get too excited - remember that sloth guy (the oracle) got banned about 3 times for stealing during trades ...
...but I'm gonna put it out there again just for the hell of it.

Thief skill requiring stealth skill. Stealing items from monsters would create too much loot, and is cheesy because it promotes getting items without killing anything. Stealing items from players is a bad idea because if you had a good weapon or whatever taken you might be about ready to quit the game. All that is understood. But, what if a rogue could simply steal gold?! Gold comes and goes like crazy!
% of thievery = % of gold taken from player/monster.
% of stealth = % chance to stay hidden after preforming the steal.
average % between stealth and thievery = % chance that the player does not receive a "You noticed <playername> steal xxx of your gold pieces!" message and "officially" notice, unhiding you and giving you a criminal status.
And, btw. I think this should only work on players who are pvp and only if they are in dungeons and only if you are pvp as well. Also. When the player getting stolen from gets that notice message or just notices that something fishy is going on or they suddenly see some of their gold disappear they can hit ctrl+c or some such command in order to catch the thief. If it has been less than 24 in game hours and the thief is in their range when they use that command the thief gets crim status and the players gold is returned in full, from both the thieves pocket and his bank.

ie: If I am pvp and have 50% thievery and 75% stealth I would have a 25% chance of coming unhidden if I was to steal from <pvpplayer> who is in a dungeon and if <pvpplayer> was carrying 100gp I would steal 50 of that gp. There would be a 37.5% chance that <pvpplayer> would officially notice what I had done and I would get a criminal status. There would still, though, be a large chance that they "unofficially" notice and catch me, they retrieve their 50gp and then most likely a brawl begins or I high tail it out of there.

The very most one might achieve with this skill is that at 100% thievery and 100% stealth they could steal all of the gold anyone in a dungeon was carrying at any time and never get caught if they do it wisely. Even then there are methods players could use to keep this from happening to them. Basically it'd just be some fun evil candy to throw the rogue's way. Rogues could still totally play the game with or without it. Out of all the times this has been suggested and all the different ways it's been suggested I think something like this would be the most appropriate for EUO.
kaiser
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by kaiser »

New ideas for pets.

Instead of weapons that increase a pets power, what about adding in claws that will give pets bonuses ageinst monsters, a few examples.

Silver Claws, like silver weapons, when a pet is equiped with these magic or melee, that pet gets a bonus in fighting undead monsters.

I was thinking there could be other claws like pyricing claws for fighting dragons and drakes, list of how i think it should go.

Silver Claws, pets get a bonus when fighting undead monsters, and Werwolfs.

Gold Claws, pets get a bonus to fighting undead monsters, and give off a cople squares of light around them.

Vampric Claws, pets gain back HP as they fight monsters.

Blackrock Claws, gives al bonus to fighting drakes and dragon.

Admantium Claws, gives a bonus to a pet when fighting, Undead Monsters, Werwolfs, Drakes, Dragons, Golems, Balrons, all Shadow Monsters.

For new pet armor, HP bonuses.

HP helmet, +10 more HP to any pet that wears it.

Silver HP helmet, +20 HP to any pet that wears it, i dont know if monster defensive bonuses eply, these goes for all pet helmets.

Golden HP helmet, +30 HP to any pet that wears it.

Blackrock HP helmet, +40 HP to any pet that wears it.

Adamtium HP helmet, +50 HP to any pet that wears it.

These should also be rare drops, mabe add in the defensive bonuses? Also mabe Attack Helmets, which give a small bonus in attack to any pet that wears them.
wishIwasDM

Dungeon time trials

Post by wishIwasDM »

Got to thinking and I thought that dungeon time trials based on levels would be pretty cool, either offering rewards or for the hell of it. Already in game or randomly generated like caves. Just a thought.
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

I'd like to see some artifact amulet/necklace in EUO 1.3. For example:

Code: Select all

Amulet of Yendor

+40 str
+40 dex
+40 int

Each turn/second it has 1/100 chance on spawning hostile shadowlord next to person who is wearing it.
:smile:
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
Grodst
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Grodst »

Heniek wrote:I'd like to see some artifact amulet/necklace in EUO 1.3. For example:

Amulet of Yendor

+40 str
+40 dex
+40 int

Each turn/second it has 1/100 chance on spawning hostile shadowlord next to person who is wearing it.
love the evilness
Making Enchants the right way: one noob after another tossed into the lava.
IAmBatMan
Here for the lesbians.

Post by IAmBatMan »

I was just thinking that it would be cool to have something along the lines of different profile settings for F-key binds, especially with CTF in the picture now. Be able to swap from one set of F-key binds thats best for hunting, to a second setup thats best for PvP, to another set thats best for CTF.
Lenocium est non facile.
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

Heniek wrote:I'd like to see some artifact amulet/necklace in EUO 1.3. For example:

Amulet of Yendor

+40 str
+40 dex
+40 int

I bet you've never even seen the Amulet of Yendor before :p
I suspect though that it'll all end in tears when people will end up spawning one then SL and leave it outside nord.

Dev's Pro Tip for Nethack(or Rogue!) : generate a game that nets you a shop full of food and it will last you at least 15 levels down.
Most of the time I died it was because I was paralysed(and subsequently [insert dorky synonym for something like 'really good at' here]) or I had no food and starved.
IAmBatMan wrote:I was just thinking that it would be cool to have something along the lines of different profile settings for F-key binds, especially with CTF in the picture now. Be able to swap from one set of F-key binds thats best for hunting, to a second setup thats best for PvP, to another set thats best for CTF.
Just as long as they don't use f9-f11 as I use them to control foobar2000
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

Devlin wrote:I bet you've never even seen the Amulet of Yendor before :p
I'm afraid that you'd lose wager :smile: . I suggested AoY in that form because:

- IMO it's fun
- there is no monster called wizard of yendor(or Rodney) in EUO
- there is no clairvoyance in EUO
- level teleport while changing levels would be too big pain in ass :smile:
Devlin wrote:Dev's Pro Tip for Nethack(or Rogue!) : generate a game that nets you a shop full of food and it will last you at least 15 levels down.
Most of the time I died it was because I was paralysed(and subsequently [insert dorky synonym for something like 'really good at' here]) or I had no food and starved.
Food shop is not necessary to survive, gnomish mines is great source of food in early game(unless you're playing as gnome or dwarf). Thing that is really usefull, is early founded altar of your aligment(or other aligment, you can always convert it, if your deity is not angry on you) for creating holy water and receiving gift by sacrificing(and some classes like valkyrie or wizard have powerfull guaranted first gifts). Other really usefull thing is early wish(by magic lamp or smoky potions, wands of wishing are extremely rare, so you probably wont find one at that stage of game) spent on good artifact weapon(assuming that you didnt get any decent weapon from sacrificing) or gray/silver dragon scale mail(for magic resistance/reflection and good AC).

About paralyzation, I guess that it's source was floating eye. It can be easily avoided, by killing it with spells or ranged weapon, or by killing it while being blind(wear blindfold or towel).

If you want to talk further about NetHack, maybe we should do this in different topic. Sorry for off-topic everyone :smile:
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

- Bowcrafting to own skill (Separated from woodcrafting)
- No PVP on horse
- VM and Yellow potion cooldown to 10 sek.
- Staffs back to 2-handed and make own slot to orbs (Because shield abuse
AND mage with shield is ridiculous idea)
- Mages poison wind spell to break protection-scroll protection
- Key ring where to put all keys
- Explode max movement range from dex 280 to dex 560 (NOT faster moving) I want see rogues to get more benefits from their dex.
- (Suggested before) Xp loss due deaths by monsters :D (Only players over lvl 100. NOT: pvp, trap, drowing etc deaths.. only deaths by monsters)
Suggest:
Xp Loss = lvl divined by 100 xp (Current lvl xp. More levels =more harm)
lvl 130 will loose 1,3% of current lvl xp (not total xp)
lvl 300 will loose 3,0% of current lvl xp (not total xp)
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Gulnar
on lolpatrol

Post by Gulnar »

Heikki wrote: - Staffs back to 2-handed and make own slot to orbs (Because shield abuse AND mage with shield is ridiculous idea)
Yes!. Orb slot is what's needed. Putting orbs in shields, and making staffs 1 handed was a straight up buff for mages relative to other classes. Rogues still have to choose between an orb/shield and a 2nd weapon, fighters still have to choose between an orb and a good shield. Mages got orbs, but any mage who can afford it forgoes the orb for a enchanted shield. Monks can't use orbs without losing their monk bonus.

Now that cursed orbs are fixed, the breakage is a significant drawback. Creating an orb/trinket slot wouldn't be a major buff to players. I'd like to see a few other items that could be equipped in a such a slot.

And if a orb/trinket slot is created, don't count the equipped item against monk bonus.
kaiser's Tranos: The rulers of the aceint times lands, the most powerfull and feared carnovours, or whore they.
jumpstart

Post by jumpstart »

I would like to see taming as a more useful skill in the future.

Such as pets being able to carry some items. The stronger the pet, the higher number of items it could carry. I would like for pets to attack criminals when commanded to.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Rethinking the enchanted shovel to keep it from being cheesed maybe it could have a limitted number of charges after which it would revert back to a normal shovel. Then you could use shards and the enchanting wand to recharge the magic shovel.
DarkIllusionist
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by DarkIllusionist »

Gulnar wrote:
Heikki wrote: - Staffs back to 2-handed and make own slot to orbs (Because shield abuse AND mage with shield is ridiculous idea)
Yes!. Orb slot is what's needed. Putting orbs in shields, and making staffs 1 handed was a straight up buff for mages relative to other classes. Rogues still have to choose between an orb/shield and a 2nd weapon, fighters still have to choose between an orb and a good shield. Mages got orbs, but any mage who can afford it forgoes the orb for a enchanted shield. Monks can't use orbs without losing their monk bonus.

Now that cursed orbs are fixed, the breakage is a significant drawback. Creating an orb/trinket slot wouldn't be a major buff to players. I'd like to see a few other items that could be equipped in a such a slot.

And if a orb/trinket slot is created, don't count the equipped item against monk bonus.
Yes, and i guess making lots of creatures unkillable by mages because of magic resistance didn't stuff mages up at all did it?

Yes and rogue Backstab and Fighter special move didn't buff fighters at all did it?
DrBiggie
on lolpatrol

Post by DrBiggie »

DarkIllusionist wrote:Yes, and i guess making lots of creatures unkillable by mages because of magic resistance didn't stuff mages up at all did it?
Shadow warriors. Golems.

I count 2.
DarkIllusionist wrote:blah blah blah fighters and rogues are buffed up more than mages blah blah blah
Just stop.
"I should make a gold suit of armor for my pimp"

DrBiggie: wtfs up Raiden?!
Raiden: you high?
Backstabb
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by Backstabb »

It would be nice to be able to backstabb with out using the gay still thing.
Regular
---------------------

Columbus---------> 53

Backstabb---------> 29

Canaan------------> 32

Permant Death
----------------------
SirVerrath--------->56