Ideas thread 2008

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Re: Things you'd like to see with EUO 1.3

Post by Heikki »

I wrote:
Fields where you can shift + U hoes (as fishing rod in fishing)

You can get for example :
Carrots
Potatoes
Or even Enchanted Turnip with super luck!
Refined idea:
Or just "field map" where randomly spawns vegetables.

Better vegetables should spawn like once in 2 hour (real time)

That map will lead EUO to real "vegetable war" :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON:

Onions
Carrots
Spinaches
Cabbages
Rutabagas
Salads ..... YAMMY...
:mrgreen:
Last edited by Heikki on Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

NEW WISHING WELL IDEA!

Post by The Oracle »

Here comes a way out there idea.
I've been thinking. The one weapon I would want more than anything in EUO does not even exist. Sucks, but oh well. But then I had an idea for how a wishing well could work that I don't think I've ever seen suggested.

You are allowed to make one wish at the wishing well every month. When you wistfully release one addy coin into the wishing well you get a screen that allows you to pick a weapon or item of gear, up to three features (enchants/tints/effects), and a name of your design. Every month egg could randomly choose one person to make their dream weapon available for them to purchase. In my little dream world it makes sense cos it'd still be very rare, and it also encourages people to buy stuff from egg :P

Here's how it could work...
The key is that you can only get up to six asterisks. Each feature has a certain amount it counts for. Even if the asterisks add up to less than 6 only three enchants/features/tints/effects are allowed on one weapon or piece of gear. And most likely the restriction could be that if you get one wish, you can't get anymore, so you'd want to think it over.

(weapons only)
AM harm*
VAM greater harm**
XJ hex***
AEP paralyze***
OG lightning**
IVPY***
XMP***
KXQ clone** **
VOG chain lightning** **
KX summon creature**
IMJ soul trap***
QAW confuse***
KVX summon dragon** **
KXC summon daemon** **
INH poison wind**
IZH cone of sleep***
IJO mana burn** **
VF fireball** **
+ attack up to 8. (1-5, 6*, 7**, 8***, 9** **)
gold*
venomous*
runed*
addled*
silver*
copper*
diamond*
barbed*
blackrock**
vampyric**
adamantium***

effects
leeching**
plagues opponent*** ***

(Weapons and gear both)
copper*
blackrock**
adamantium***
+ vig up to 15. (1-5*, 6-10**, 10-15***)
+ NV up to 5. (1-2*, 3-4**, 5***)
+ MR up to 15. (1-5*, 6-10**, 10-15***)
+ def up to 7 (1-4**, 5-7***)
+ stats up to 30 (1-10*, 10-15**, 15-25***, 25-30** **)

effects
hp regen *** ***
speeds rage gain** **
x-ray vision** **
trusesight** **

There's a lot of cool combinations that can be made from these that are impossible weapons to find in EUO. I bet anyone would be able to make a dream weapon of their choice with those rules. Maybe the specific restrictions and rules for the system could be made heavier or lighter depending. I just made it up as an example. Anyways, if you won the chance to buy what you wished for, how could you resist? :o
stegos

Post by stegos »

Hey Egg

Two small ideas:

1. Cursed town portals take you to random towns.

2. Orbs craftable by tinker from raw glass. Negotiate about details. If you're worried about orb glut maybe give fair warning before a raw-glass-only inventory wipe.
- the true heart of ultima... is virtues and all that hippie crap - eggmceye, 2-jul-04
- Sorry would be the day that Stegos does not have some ideas, even bad ones. - me, 26-oct-05
- K goin back 2 Erth now ... - Morthwyl's Dino, 27-nov-07
- Level-up tax - the BEST gold sink! - me, 9-jan-09
- Stegos said it best... - Akyla, 21-sep-04
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Now that there are guards in every town on PD perhaps they shouldn't automaticly attack you just for being a werewolf.
Perhaps also the smarter monsters would not enter towns for fear of getting ganked by the guards?
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Flamesoffire »

This came to me once in a dream.... Well not really, Just figured it'd be something kinda cool,

But when looking in your inventory or your bank, Maybe numbers can be used to sort out certain weapons?

I mean we got 's' for shields, 'u' for useables, 'b' for boots, etc etc..

Well why not be able to have '1' for swords (Both long and short), '2' For bows n slings, '3' for polearms, etc etc.

Dont know, Figured it'd be kinda cool.
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Not sure if this is exactly a theme worth exploring on euo...
Also not an option that should be readily available to every player type.

What is the possibility that a "charged" Attack could be put into the game;

1.Key stroke (Shift +C) causes a status of "Charged"
2. 75% chance for next melee attack being a special (Or strong attack ) 20% chance of doing a normal attack 5% chance of missing.
- 1.3-1.5 second wait time before you can attack
- Being attacked has a 50% chance of knocking you out of Charged status.
- Next attack hit or miss takes away Charged status.
- Could have a decent sized cool off between uses.
3. Special Attacks
- Could be limited to a few certain races or weapon skills.
-Half drags; cast VF that cuts through MR.
-Vampires; Bite and steal HP and get slight stat boost from biting players and humanoids.
- Undead; Vomit 15-20 damage 70% chance of causing the plague.
4. Strong (Charged) Attacks
- could do say 1.5x damage or 1.3x damage and 10% chance of critical.

Even without the special/strong attacks a Charged status could be cool.
- F key triggers meditative state for 2 seconds
- If you go without being hit or moving you have Charged/Focused/In the Zone status.
- 5 second buff of some kind.
Flamesoffire

Post by Flamesoffire »

Something to throw in that would be really good for Gnomes.

There is no key to leave stealth without needing a light source (In Lor, Torch) Or by Attacking (Melee and spells) which sometimes sucks cause theres been a few times that ive been stuck in town with no torches or and magic, and nothing to attack *Sadness*.... But to solve my problem ive bough In Lor. LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON. Something to fail to get me out ya know.

But anyway, Figured id be nice to have maybe a key to leave hiding without attack/light source thing. Maybe x or something (Since kill light source is shift x... Ha change things up huh!) or maybe have a buyable ability (Like bash/backstab/special) that is "Leave hiding" or something.

Dont know, Runnin it by ya Eggy man.
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
Rusty76

Post by Rusty76 »

trying to mount your horse will take you out of a hide. doesn't matter if it's on the continent map or not.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Try moving really fast or attempting to cast a spell like heal instead of light.
ZUPS!!!!
Ulric
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Ulric »

It would be cool if horses could cross streams. I guess a horse could enter water as long as that water square was touching land on at least 1 side.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Use HM03 on Horse? Horse has learned Surf! X-D
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Ulric wrote:It would be cool if horses could cross streams. I guess a horse could enter water as long as that water square was touching land on at least 1 side.
If the game incorporated shallow water/reefs along with the current water schemes it'd be easy. Might have to remap a lot of areas also. This could also open up wading/swimming.

I always thought it might be interesting if different terrains had different movement sounds while moving through them.

squishing through swamp
spashing through water
larger rooms have more of an echo effect.
etc...
ZUPS!!!!
Rusty76

Post by Rusty76 »

here's a few ideas i had

tinted armor ideas

diamond armor - gives 25% boost to MR as BR does to def
crystal armor - gives 50% boost to MR as addy does to def
runed armor - reduces critical hits taken (1/5 of what runed weapon crit increase is per piece)
addled armor - chance to confuse enemy when they attack you (1/5 chance of addled wep per piece)
barbed armor - chance to bleed enemy if attacked with a melee attack (1/5 chance of barbed wep per piece)
vampyric armor - prevents life being drained by a vampyric attack (1/5 chance per piece worn)
venomous armor - prevents you from getting poisoned (1/5 chance per piece worn)
brass armor - combines properties of gold and copper
glass armor - fully blocks a single hit no matter how hard. breaks on use and slightly injures player. 1/5 chance per glass piece worn that it will work. glass helms cause blindness when they break. Glass gloves/gauntlets cause the player to become disarmed when they break.

new craftable weapons and armor ideas

lighter weapons and armor - increases weapon speed and decreases armor movement penalty.
monster specific weapons and armor - do extra damage against or defends better against a specific monster or monster type.
weapons with higher base damage but not enchanted - higher quality weapons made by the most skilled of smiths.
armor with higher base def but not enchanted - higher quality armor made by the most skilled of smiths.
engraving - a skilled smith can engrave a name on an item, making it a named item.
all tints craftable - increases value of crafting skills, no harm in it because items aren't enchantable.
polypiling of weapons and armor - not cheesable anymore since weps and armor aren't enchantable.
wooden weapons - weapons that cause no damage which could be used for training

enchanting ideas

monster orb - catches and stores monster for later release. monster must have 20% or less of it's max health to be captured. Once monster is released the monster orb is destroyed. monster appears good aligned and lasts for 60 seconds.
magic glasses - lets you see in xray vision. takes up head slot to use and breaks if you get hit.
message orb - allows a message and/or items to be sent to another player, even if they are currently not on. The player would recieve the message when they logged on.
glass weapons and armor - takes both enchanting skill and the appropriate crafting skill of the item being made.
wand of transmutation - changes a monster randomly into another monster. limited uses or chance to break
wand of (spell) - wands enchanted with different spells. requires a tome to make. has limited number of uses or a chance to break.
automatic potion - comes in yellow or blue, used automatically when health or mana drops below 0
robe of invisibility - makes you invisible. has to be worn and dissapears after a certain amount of use.
improved town portal - doesn't dissapear after use. dissapears when you create another town portal.

misc ideas

glass weapons should be able to be used once for every + the wep has. the plus would decrease by one per use.
glass armor too, if it were to be put in.
custom books - players can buy or craft books they can write their own text in. would allow players to keep an ingame diary or whatever else they wanted to write.
message board - a place ingame where messages can be posted that could be read by anyone. Would be useful for people trying to buy and sell things.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

About the only idea I can think of lately would be the ability to dip armour/wearables into fountains to get a def bonus similar as weapons get an attack bonus.
ZUPS!!!!
kusofthevalley
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by kusofthevalley »

Rusty76 wrote:here's a few ideas i had

Half those ideas are already in the game, and I don't understand what you're asking for.

"lighter weapons and armour" = copper/oak,
"higher base def but not enchanted" = blackrock,
"wooden weapons for training" - try and knock out a golem with an ash club, that''ll train ya
Ugrog, EleganceBlade, Zelephereth, Polyphemus, Richard, LordHighgate, Quentin, Valley, ad infinitum
Rusty76

Post by Rusty76 »

kusofthevalley wrote:
Rusty76 wrote:here's a few ideas i had

Half those ideas are already in the game, and I don't understand what you're asking for.

"lighter weapons and armour" = copper/oak,
"higher base def but not enchanted" = blackrock,
"wooden weapons for training" - try and knock out a golem with an ash club, that''ll train ya
i guess i should have been clearer, i meant untinted weapons and armor that are lighter and give better defense. It would still be a basic item, just a higher quality one. Might be a bit redundant tho

As for the wooden weapons, I just thought it would be cool to have them for sparring/training purposes. Not really needed i guess.
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

1)
Guard towers next to Nord and Izumi that act like stationary town guards... Shoots sea serpent, lured monster etc..
This idea would be very newbie :heart:

2)
Garrisons next to some bridges. Garrisons allow players to pass but block monsters movement = prevent playes to lure monsers at Nord and Izumi
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
kusofthevalley
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by kusofthevalley »

[quote="Rusty76]As for the wooden weapons, I just thought it would be cool to have them for sparring/training purposes. Not really needed i guess.[/quote]

I just think that training skills on other players (as I assume you mean) is a cheese.
Ugrog, EleganceBlade, Zelephereth, Polyphemus, Richard, LordHighgate, Quentin, Valley, ad infinitum
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

That's where it is or was a good idea to keep 100% worn weapons of a particular type. God how I wish I would have kept some.

I'd probably agree with the guard tower idea.... IF the euo continent was much bigger; say a 10:1 ratio from the current. It would be a bitch to remap though. I'm betting there are quite a few up to the challenge though.
ZUPS!!!!
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

Just wanted to bump these ideas into a thread that gets read.
The Oracle wrote: All soulbound items that would increase the value of learning certain skills.

Tailoring
Hood - Hoods are an unarmored headgear type. They always add 10% to stealth. ie: a sneak with 70 stealth would literally have the equivalent of 77 stealth as long as they are wearing a hood. At max stealth a hood wearer could sneak slightly faster than the average max sneak speed, and could backstab for 11x damage. Pluses can be transfered onto them.

Stole - A stole is an unarmored neck piece. It always adds 20% to piety, but takes 10% of sorcery skill as stoles are mostly worn by priests. Pluses can be transfered to them.

Wraps - Wraps are an unarmored glove type. It adds 10% to unarmed skill. Pluses can be transfered to them.

Satchel - A satchel can be readied in a new slot of it's own. They can not be tinted or have any pluses. They can be made into magic satchels by enchanting. They add 50 to your load without adding strength. Multiple should not be craftable.

(Magic satchel - Made by enchanters using a normal satchel - Readied in satchel slot. Adds 150 to load without adding any strength. Multiple should not be craftable.)

Weaponsmithing
Muskets - We already know what muskets are, but I am thinking a unit of gunpowder could be added to be used with each bullet. Pluses can be transfered. (Firing chamber, bore, and firing pin made with tinkering. Gunpowder can be made with alchemy.)

Pen Huo Qi - This is a small cannon like weapon that is actually a pump created in China for shooting out a greek fire like liquid. The Pen Huo Qi takes no specific damage bonus from any stat but from level in general and is very powerful. It shoots fireballs the same as Vas Flam, but uses a flask of greek fire with every shot. Pluses can be transfered. (Greek fire can be made with very high alchemy. It should be hard enough to make greek fire that most players will only be able to use the Pen Huo Qi sparingly. Certainly this is not intended to be a primary weapon for anyone except maybe hardxcore craftsmen.)

Arbalest - An arbalest is a long range crossbow. And this is EUO's chance at a sniper weapon. In my vision when you have the arbalest readied and you hit ctrl you control a set of crosshairs (maybe red or a different color to differentiate from the normal white target) that you then move over the spot you want to shoot. The crosshairs can not move into any spot that would be obstructed from your view from where you are standing, but can move a farther radius than you can usually see on your on screen. Once the target is on an enemy simply press ctrl again to fire and the damage would have to be something comparable to a backstab. The weapon can only be fired in this style so you will need to ready something else before the monster finds you if they survive the shot. And even though it would be unrealistic, to prevent cheesing with such a weapon maybe stealth should be disabled for a few seconds after a shot is fired. Pluses can be transfered.

Bomb - bombshell, shrapnel, and a ceratin amount of gunpowder (bombshells are also made with weaponsmithing. Shrapnel is made with tinkering out of raw glass and studs) No pluses or tints on bombs. They should sap a lot of xp for whatever monsters they kill but basically how it could work is you put one down, you count to five as you run away and then you hope to get far enough away so that you don't get hurt. Or least so you don't die. Once the bomb goes off the damage could be decided based on a radius surrounding where the bomb was. Multiple of the same should be craftable.

Armorer
Bonemold tint - Bones drop from skeleton type monsters and can be crafted into an armor type that gives an MR boost. Pluses are transferable.

Chrysolite tint - a tint made from glowing embers and copper ingots. It gives 10% more defense, adds a radius of light and adds a chance to harm attackers similar to how silver can harm undead attackers. Pluses are transferable.

Spiked gauntlets - Heavy glove type. Adds the equivalent of +1 attack to any weapon you are using without lvl req restrictions. Pluses are transferable.

Balron skull helm - Heavy headgear. Very very rarely balrons could drop a skull, and only armorers with very high skill have a small chance of turning the skull into a helmet. The helmet will always give a large mana boost. Pluses are transferable.

Dragon skull helmet - Medium headgear. Very very rarely dragons could drop a skull, and only armorers with very high skill have a small chance of turning the skull into a helmet. The helmet will add a free (no lvl req restriction) addition of 15 - 20 in a random stat: dex, int, or str. Pluses are transferable.

Mirror shield - Obviously using glass and very high armorer skill, possibly other magical ingredients. But the idea is that the shield always has a percentage chance of reflecting spells back on casters.
Rusty! Your ideas in the post a few ahead of mine are golden by the way :D Very nice work. I especially like almost everything you put under enchanting ideas and misc ideas.

Also. I wanna point out while I'm posting this that I'd rather see subclasses explored before races are final, and possibly make a decision between whether to have one or the other. Or, at least give a bit of thought to how having both could work. Not to mention the fact that we don't have any kind of info or posted ideas about necromancy. If that's actually in planning it seems like it'd be important to know about before designing races/subclasses. I do have a bunch of ideas for necromancy though. I could post them later.