Ideas thread 2009

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Re: Ideas thread 2009

Post by Ozimandias »

I think that's a good idea. However, I also believe that we should have taunt skill for Fighters in general. But ya, macefighting DOES need to be made more... "worthwhile."

On another note, I also go with Keighn's idea of having different weapon specials at 70%, 80%, 90% 100%.
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
Aristarch
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Aristarch »

Fighters need taunt badly in general. Currently it's mostly mages in parties that both deal and have to take most of damage. Maces might deserve better special, but taunt should be universal fighter ability, possibly based on tactics(?).

If you're not able to "grind dragons" on your build, blame your build :lesson:
Foul beast approaches?!
ChrisCooper
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by ChrisCooper »

Ozimandias wrote:I think that's a good idea. However, I also believe that we should have taunt skill for Fighters in general.
No, because other fighters can generally fend off magic stuff easily depending on how they approach it.
Aristarch wrote: Maces might deserve better special, but taunt should be universal fighter ability, possibly based on tactics(?).

If you're not able to "grind dragons" on your build, blame your build :lesson:
Alright. I've just been thoroughly pissed off, gj.

1) Maces is a universal fucking fighter skill. Therefor, all fighters could use taunt if it was a mace special. Just fucking raise maces.

2) We're trying to balance out maces with this idea. If you made the ability available to all weapon classes, maces would just be right back to where they were.

3) Blame your build? No. Nobody should be ragged for building a character the way they want to build it, instead of building it the way that everyone else builds their characters on the grounds that "It's the best build."

If everyone was built the same way, every character would be the same, and EUO would become WoW, where everyone's level of strength in-game was completely dependent on equipment. You think the taunt idea is good? Raise maces.

Oh yeah, by the way Aristarch ---------> :lesson:
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
Grue
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Grue »

The Oracle wrote: Most fighters at lvl 100 can take out a dragon better than most rogues.

If maces were given a taunt as I described that would allow me to do basically say, "let the mages deal with the magic. I'm built to motherfucking FIGHT" and that would rule. The only good argument I've heard against the idea so far is that getting a decent def level on your fighter is pretty easy. So, if this taunt went off and everything started attacking you melee you'd barely be taking damage. Solution. Make the taunt up the effected monsters AS :twisted: Cos, dude, I don't give a shit, I've got hp, I'm made to take melee damage all day, as any good macefighter should be.
This sounds like a decent idea, and one which would come in handy to those of us that decide to go the full length and get a dual class. Currently, I'm working on a rogue / fighter hybrid, and while I haven't gotten into mace fighting, I've mostly stayed away because of chats in game about how under powered it is. Having something like this would definitely make folks re-think that idea.

Good one Toadie.
"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overrides the fear of death. - Speed Freak Motto "
"The Long Run - Daniel Keys Moran"
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Well, don't throw thunderclap out of the water, it is useful, albeit less useful than the old special. Man, stun was the bomb. That ability was fucking awesome. It was like super aep as the monster was paralyzed even after you hit them for a little while. I still like thunderclap though, if used right you can end up having a horde of monsters kill each other. Still, weapons in general need more passive & special abilities.
ZUPS!!!!
Aristarch

Post by Aristarch »

Currently, both right and left mouse button invoke the same ability when used with key combination, e.g. shift + both lmb and rmb casts F1 spell.
-- I propose to make following combinations for mouse speed casting:
Shift LMB,
Alt LMB,
Ctrl LMB,
RMB,
Shift RMB,
Alt RMB,
Ctrl RMB,
possibly MMB for the eight spell or just leave a function key.
This gets rid of cumbersome multiple key combinations, some problems with ctrl+shift and miscasting.

Keyboard quickcasting might need revision to match this, though I believe a set of cursor+(shift, ctrl, alt) would be sufficient, since there isn't a lot of direction dependent spells and others are more easily accesed by function keys.

-- It would be better if spell binding would only be possible through spell menu. Sometimes shift+dir gets in conflict with function keys binding which is annoying when it happens in battle.

-- It should be possible to use mouse to access 10x(shift+lmb) and whole(ctrl+lmb?) quantities in inventories menu.

-- Clickable interface buttons(inventory, talk, use, activate, some other actions).

-- Clicking on character tab to switch to different pages.
Foul beast approaches?!
~SF~

Post by ~SF~ »

eggmceye wrote:I'm sure you'll find that it is mages who complain the most.
Naturally, but there are more of us :D

And nice post Aristarch seems to make sense to me.

EDIT: My MMB is already being used by my computer (Just realized) It puls up a display of all the windows I have opened, and ofc it takes precedence over any program Im running.
"A rose by any other name is just as sweet... but there is only ONE twinkie!"
~SF~

Post by ~SF~ »

Ive come up with some new ideas about the mouse usage.

1) You should be able to toggle it off/on with a button (Since Ive heard it lags you very badly)

2) Clicking on names on the text box automatically enters /msg *INSERT NAME HERE* (Or perhaps a drop down box that allows you to msg, invite, claninvite, or ignore a player)

3) Clicking on the mana bar toggles between the 3 bars (Emulating shift+3)

I may add to this later, but comment on these as well if you want :D
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

An option to deposit or withdraw specific amounts from banks or player merchants would be cool.
Aristarch

Post by Aristarch »

-- Make rogue hiding an ability so it can be bound to function key or mouse.
-- Slightly different color scheme for minimap; especially point indicating player's position should be clearly visible.
-- Settlements and dungeons visible on minimap.
-- Alchemy monster part drops on top of a stack.
Foul beast approaches?!
~SF~

Post by ~SF~ »

Aristarch wrote:-- Make rogue hiding an ability so it can be bound to function key or mouse.
-- Slightly different color scheme for minimap; especially point indicating player's position should be clearly visible.
-- Settlements and dungeons visible on minimap.
-- Alchemy monster part drops on top of a stack.
Like the hiding thing, training it is a major hastle.... Even on PD (And I dont like it when people type in all caps because they were training it)
Like the colorscheme (Maybe a bright color like yellow or :nightshade: << that color for player location)
Settlements idea would be odd, what about hidden locations, like Haunted Forests?
I dont like the alchemy thing, just seems like a hastle for people who arent deliberatley looking for Ingredients
Aristarch

Post by Aristarch »

Secret locations might not be on minimap, or just added only after entering them.

It is a hassle to have to pick up all the garbage and then have to drop each single kind of it, especially when gathering hundreds of ingredients. I don't mean bosses drops should be hidden of course.

-- Mouse cursor shouldn't obscure hp/rage bars. Perhaps it could be slightly transparent whole time or just when it's over your character.
Foul beast approaches?!
ion
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by ion »

Is it possible to make a necklace artifact? Like a Phoenix collar NV+6 cause he's on fire and maybe regeneration? Just a suggestion, but i want an arty necklace, preferable +6 or so nightvision? It would look real cool on ion :D
Can someone buy me a res stone?
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

Aristarch wrote:I don't mean bosses drops should be hidden of course.
But what about other rare and valuable things like transfer wands, addy fishing rods or ships? They're very rare, and it would be pain to check every dragon hide if there isn't anything valuable below it. Bad idea in my opinion.
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
Aristarch

Post by Aristarch »

Heniek wrote:
Aristarch wrote:I don't mean bosses drops should be hidden of course.
But what about other rare and valuable things like transfer wands, addy fishing rods or ships? They're very rare, and it would be pain to check every dragon hide if there isn't anything valuable below it. Bad idea in my opinion.

You are right, I didn't think about that :roll: Those could have even higher priority than ingredients.
I'd actually like to see a better pick up system with dialog like for bankers or merchants - then drop order could easily stay what it is now. I don't know how feasible would it be to make stacks of items actually visible and not obscuring each other? - that probably won't work.
Foul beast approaches?!
Khelben
on lolpatrol

Post by Khelben »

Traps need a rewamp on PD;

Trapped level 6 chest just cost me $5. I know, I should have taken the advice and not touch it but I felt invincible with my improved scroll of health and scroll of protection active. As it is now, cartography is a rogue-skill only on PD.

Regards,
-Khelben
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

An ammo counter that only appears when carrying arrows/bullets.

Add a little bar which tells you your damage range for the last monster you hit
Which could be displayed like :
Range : 5-12 against Giant Rat
and for named instead of the 'lengthy name' which likely will not fit into the bar, just append <Boss> to the end of it.
or fit it over two lines i.e.
----------------------------
Damage : 5-12 against
Elder Giant Rat
----------------------------
These things would be awesome, and a nice distraction from coding game mechanics.
Magrock
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Magrock »

It would help to have the targeting type selection (good, evil or all) saved in the character’s profile or otherwise in the client.cfg for the account. This way we won’t have to constantly change it from the default (all) every time we log in.
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

i was on PD and while i was doing quest i realised and asked my self, " why dont they make where you can raise your str, dex, int, and health? i mean a few mages might use it so why not? :rebel:
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

It would be cool if monsters took damage from trapped squares or cacti, could possibly some new strategy to the game.