Ideas thread 2009

Moderator: EUO Moderators

TheOneGuy
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Re: Ideas thread 2009

Post by TheOneGuy »

lots of text please ignore typos

so for starters medium armor... :--;: enough said? well for those of you that haven't played this game for 4+ years(at least i think it was 4+ years ago i started draining my life on this kick ass game) ill clarify the classes that can use medium armor can use heavy as well and IF you are going to use armor that takes away attack / moving speed take a little bit bigger chunk off it and and get 10-30 more def. and more MR as well . who would get medium when there's heavy :?

so for a quick fix ( not that quick but oh well) add an other CLASS! yup a said it i have 2 solid ideas for classes but before people get carried away with this ,these classes ideas do not compramise the feel of balence in euo game play.. . . . to much

Druid :

have spells to turn into different animal/ beast forms

1:cat form( = rouge)
2:orc form ( = fighter) (thought it would be cool to have you turn into a random orc pic or something)
3:seahorse form (like a really fast raft based on player dex)
4: some soft of flying form ( only works on world map ...)
5: and normal

about forms : i think it would be cool if you could just transform as you walk like run into a mountain and be a bird / water and be a seahorse and the forms respec you so you have the ratio for each one to get best results

other than that give spells like hold / regenerate and they use staffs as a weapon and THEY CAN ONLY USE MEDIUM ARMOR that would fix the hole med. armor thing

note druid was not all my idea egg had the idea already i am just looking into it further

necromancer/ summoner / magery idea

ok so i had a thought if you make magery a no class skill so that every one can use it and then make an other class kinda like a summoner/ necromancer you see summons would give exp to caster bassed on how good they are like this

about necromancer:

make spells to summon each only of them by its self cause they would be the caster weapon

skeletons give 95% exp level = 3/5 caster level / 1 skeleton to summon
skeleton archers give 90% exp level = 3/5 caster level / 1 skeleton to summon
skeleton mages give 80% exp level = 5/8 caster level / 4 skeleton to summon
skeleton Knights give 75% exp level = 5/8 caster level / 5 skeleton to summon
Undead Lord give 45% exp level = 3/7 caster level / 4 skeleton/ 2 skulls to summon
skeleton dragons give 45% exp level = 6/5 caster level / 10 skeleton/ 3 skulls to summon

a ranged plague should be there only offensive spell

make a spell to turn corpses into skeletons 1 wight

and a spell to un-bless maces

the summons should have rolls like the skeleton knight taunts and runs at any one near you to beat the crap out of them but mainly for def.and skeleton mages heal you and cast XMP so that they are your weapons as well as your summons (to do this for pvp you would have to turn the creatures pvp and make them give 0 % exp)

and add a new button for commanding summons to attack the target

give them no weapon skills or armor so that they play as a summoner
Last edited by TheOneGuy on Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
all i want is a test server for maped then ill be happy ...
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

hey everybody, don't post your class ideas because I don't give a shit
TheOneGuy
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by TheOneGuy »

i though so but i had to try ... right :?
all i want is a test server for maped then ill be happy ...
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

It would be nice if there was some way a player could make certain items of theirs soulbound. I accidently sold my darkhide studded collar of defense +5 to a merchant. If not allowing players to make items souldbound then at least maybe have a chance to buy items sold to merchants back from them. (time limit 1 minute?)
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

egg wrote:don't post your class ideas because I don't give a shit
:D HAHAHA! :D
Awesome.
Maybe if people put a little more thought into game structure and class balance instead of the dumbass shit we usually see.

But I've known this community too long to expect more. :roll:
When Rusty puts thought into an idea read THOSE posts. Everyone else's ideas are just unorganized spats of shallow blathering without the slightest concern put on how to make EUO as a bigger picture any better.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

what pissed me off about it was that half his post his him blabbing on about something I shouldn't have mentioned - at least he credits me for it, but why bother

then I saw something about classless magery & summoning and immediately switched off
logzforlife
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by logzforlife »

This idea might sound a little crazy, but it's derived from Phantasy star online. There is a few items in that game that you equip them and they dramatically drop your stats, but if you kill X amount of creatures, the item "unseals" and becomes something far better. I was thinking it could be a new artifact system. Say you find some artifact mace and its -4 AS and -10 str or something, but kill 6,000 monsters with it still equipped and you got yourself a mace with +9AS and +10 str or something, Just an idea, feel free to build upon it, It seems like it has potential to me, with the monster kill count added in I'm sure some of the work for this idea is already done. If necessary maybe you could limit the monster that needs to be killed for the weapon, who knows.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

might as well come out in the open and stop pretending to care about there being nothing better to do than grind, right?
logzforlife

Post by logzforlife »

Wasn't the message I was intending to send egg, I even happen to like grinding, not to mention it comes with the territory of these types of games no? You make it sound so bad, when I believe it to be a asset, but now you've got me off track again, i wasn't even trying to state that, I was just thinking of ways to make getting good equipment harder then killing a boss monster and it drops a really nice piece of equipment.

edit: I failed to mention crafting as another method to getting good equipment.
mugima
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mugima »

I actually really like logz idea, though it needs some tinkering with. It'd be nice to find something like a "Shadow Slayer" and it give like crappy +'s maybe negative as he said. But, after you killed say (I think huge number is a far better way to go) 10,000 shadow imps, it becomes far better, as he said, maybe like blackrock+9 or something, or speed gets better on it. No clue how it'd work but sounds totally awesome to me. I don't have any problem with grinding, it just seems like thiese would almost be like very very hard quests, and I'm all for quest-ish implements. Just my two cents, sorry for such long post....nice idea logz
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

there is a thing on my todo list (bloat section) from a few years ago about a smart weapon that you could lvl up .. bit like that sword from u7 or innumerable other games. But you've just literally boiled it down to - get crappy but special weapon, grind because you have to, not because you want to, and it becomes good - a reward for grinding other than xp
mugima
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mugima »

I didn't mean for it to sound like "grind because you have too". To me it'd be "Grinding because I wanted too" so that I'd get a better weapon and levels, or it could be rediculous errands for random people to upgrade weapon. However, I just like it beacuse it seemed quest oriented not beacuse it added any enthusiasm to grinding, or playing either. Maybe I'm not getting what I'm thinking into text as good as I'd like to, sorry
logzforlife

Post by logzforlife »

As I has originally stated, feel free to build upon the idea. Actually the idea of questing for it sounds really cool. I just took the idea directly from another game, I intended no disrespect. Anyways, new day, new ideas..

To build upon the "unsealing item" idea. I was thinking maybe a quest chain to get the item, but its in a dormant state, and needs charging. You find a enchater (100 enchanting of course) and they can charge it with something, or a lot of somethings. After you have the charged "orb" or w/e in the world you want it to be, You can temper your weapon with it with a lvl 100 weaponsmith, During the tempering it puts the weapon under a lot of stress and has a chance of completely destroying the weapon? Expand if anyone feels like it.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I know you all don't mean disrespect - just be prepared to be shot down in flames that's all :2cool:
IT IS S

No subject

Post by IT IS S »

What I really would like to see is a mouse mode control mode, where you don't have to hold down a button to walk. (Or did I miss it somewhere?) Just move the mouse to walk, use ctrl to attack as usual.
[BS]
The talk above about a sword got me thinking. How about a living/singing sword.
It gets a as boost for every enemy you defeat, but it wears off immediately and when you go beyond a certain limit it breaks.[/BS]
There is no cheesing that is not skill
logzforlife

Post by logzforlife »

Another neat little thing that popped into my head, a pack mule that follows behind you, has some type of a load limit, that would be neat I guess. Just one question? Make it target-able by monsters or players? that would be interesting if someone was carrying his belongings with the mule and someone comes by and helps him self.
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

Global chat.
Who needs it? :psychotic:
Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Rufio »

I think you should be able to hide with gold gear on, i have a gold ron XMP i want to use on NG but its gold and i cant hide with it, so i cant use it. :cry: I think we should either be able to detint weapons and armor or make able to hide with ua and light gold weapons/armor. :-S
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

thats like a spy trying to sneak up on someone in the dark with a spotlight on their back

just dont buy any gold gear, its not that hard
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

When looking at your pet it should inform you of any conditions they have such as disease or poison.