Ideas thread 2009

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Re: Ideas thread 2009

Post by Onyxt »

Zellon wrote:Inks and such? That'd be pretty cool. It would, of course, make things a little more complicated... Whatever. Maybe inks could be craftable via mortar and pestle? That'd be pretty neat too.

How is inscription one of the easiest? I'm sorry... but when it takes around 100 blanks to raise you little more than 1%... that's not easy.
You just buy quills and blanks...thats it. The other major crafting skills such as wood crafting, armorer, black smithing, and tailoring require much more items and more effort put into getting it to 100. Inscription you just need money, which if you know how to get money its quite easy to get to 100.
Zellon
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Zellon »

I guess I forgot to add the part where it takes 10 seconds to make something. Something that raises skill anyway. That adds up to around 17 minutes per 1%. Kind of a long time if you ask me. I only have 18% to go to GM inscription. That means I'll have to spend a little more than 5 hours sitting around crafting. That ain't easy in my opinion.
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Zellon wrote:I guess I forgot to add the part where it takes 10 seconds to make something. Something that raises skill anyway. That adds up to around 17 minutes per 1%. Kind of a long time if you ask me. I only have 18% to go to GM inscription. That means I'll have to spend a little more than 5 hours sitting around crafting. That ain't easy in my opinion.
I'm so sorry, I forgot how hard it was to use the quill then hit shift F11 then go do something else and check on it every so often.
Zellon

Post by Zellon »

This is stupid. I'm not posting any more about this. Forgive me for wanting to play a game instead of waiting for it. At least the other skills require the player to do something.

Now... I will go hurry up and wait 8 hours. :psychotic:
Akyla
I accidently ate my friend's placenta!

Post by Akyla »

Eh, came up with about 10 ideas grinding today so I'll just post one a day that I can remember... Sorry if they are already posted but yeah, it's hard enough paying attention to the grind :P~

Cartography skill should affect the mini map in the bottom right hand corner. IE at 10% cart skill, you can only see a very crude map (no color, etc). At 100%, you can see trees, water, mountains, etc.
You get what anyone gets; you get a lifetime.
When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting.
When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished.
Next thing you're going to be moaning that I ought to get a scythe...
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

I really don't like the sound of that. Cartography (atleast for me) is a pain in the ass to raise. I could see a lot of noobs being disoriented with that mini-map for a looooong time.

Also, right now there's only 4 music files (that you have to add yourself, as a matter of fact) available in the entire game. Intro, Towne, Dungeon, and "World Map" (i forget the exact name). I really wish I could set different midi files for different towns, or atleast have a selection of randomly picked midi files for each "category" (ie town, dungeon, etc).

Also, it'd be cool if my newly made golem could carry a few things for me :)
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Artifact necklaces.
Cernunnos' Torc (Increases chance of successful animal taming)
Enki's Crown (Increase Vigour and Health Regen)
Black Pearl Necklace (Increases MR, Decreases Def)

Artifact tools
Bulldozer (shovel that lets you dig up several squares at once)
Farscryer's Orb (Crystal Orb that allows you to pan around the map, not just locked to player location)
Phoenix Quill (Lets you write scrolls without inscription skill or has inscription bonus)
Zosimus's Alembic (Increases amount of pots/ingredients made per step)
Hammer of Vulcan (smith hammer with weaponsmithing bonus)

Artifact equipment
Seven-League Boots (Boots of In Por, blinks in direction of step)
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Zellon

Post by Zellon »

Ozimandias wrote:I really don't like the sound of that. Cartography (atleast for me) is a pain in the ass to raise. I could see a lot of noobs being disoriented with that mini-map for a looooong time.
I agree 100%. By the time the minimap becomes useable you'll already know all the maps well enough.
LaughingCoyote wrote:Artifact necklaces.
Cernunnos' Torc (Increases chance of successful animal taming)
Enki's Crown (Increase Vigour and Health Regen)
Black Pearl Necklace (Increases MR, Decreases Def)
I like the taming one.
LaughingCoyote wrote:Artifact tools
Bulldozer (shovel that lets you dig up several squares at once)
Farscryer's Orb (Crystal Orb that allows you to pan around the map, not just locked to player location)
Phoenix Quill (Lets you write scrolls without inscription skill or has inscription bonus)
Zosimus's Alembic (Increases amount of pots/ingredients made per step)
Hammer of Vulcan (smith hammer with weaponsmithing bonus)
Sounds pretty cool. The bulldozer sounds a bit unruly though. So... if you're next to the spot that contains treasure it'll uncover it?
LaughingCoyote wrote:Artifact equipment
Seven-League Boots (Boots of In Por, blinks in direction of step)
I like this one the best. Sounds very interesting. Is it random blinking or with every step? Maybe wearing it gives non-mages unrestricted use of In Por. So you cast it like any other spell, but without fail. Or maybe you 'u'se it instead?
Jaral
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Jaral »

Few ideas...

1) /whois <playername>
> playername is a level 150 half-troll, (0% rogue, 0% mage, 100% priest, 75% warrior)

This command is common on MUDs and unix/linux based systems. It lets you look up information on a player/user without doing alt-tab to the armoury page. That said, egg probably gets some slight add revenue from the armoury page, so maybe nix this. This command is also known as finger or playerinfo. How much info you put in is completely optional, but I would think race and level are the minimum. An extended /w list with race, level and formatting into columns would be cool too.. maybe /who instead of /w.

2) PD 0 death Scoreboard... I'm sure someone somewhere has suggested this. Would love to see an additional scoreboard for players with 0 deaths, not just monthly ladder but a perm scoreboard. Maybe this could be a permanent LotL scoreboard... that would be really interesting to me, kinda like a RP mode for PD. People like me with money and the desire to play uber-chars will always pay for res, but it would be nice to see who really has the "l33t skillz" to get to lvl 1000 without dying at all.

3) PD normal scoreboard out to 50 or 100 places. Top 10 is nice.. maybe highlight them to recognize their position, but eventually they will all be lvl 1000 (already have 2 and another few close), and the whole point of a scoreboard will be defeated. Also I would like to know how many players are ahead of me, even though I am 155 levels away from position 10. :)

4) Egg kicks ass. Thankfully this suggestion has already been implemented.
Khelben
on lolpatrol

Post by Khelben »

More ideas on crafting:

Let's introduce recipes, schematics, blueprints or whatever you want to call them.

Recipes could be drops from monsters, quest rewards and why not even found through fishing. They would be single use only and the item created would be soulbound (though the recipe itself could be traded/sold). You'd have to gather the necessary materials and (some of) the materials would be "unique" ie materials that would only drop if you have learned the recipe, much like quest items drop only if you are on a quest.

Some items would have a predetermined tint but some could let the player chose what type of tinted ingots/logs would be used.

Also, how about recipes for crafting tools; recipe for [Sewing kit stat +10]. This sewing kit could be used on your "leather str+15" to create, for example, a leather helm str +25. This recipe would also be available for other crafting tools as well as tools to raise def or AS using your preexisting ingots. Again, single use per tool and item created would be soulbound.

I lost my train of thought but I'll get back to the thread.
wishIwasDM
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by wishIwasDM »

Khelben wrote:
recipe for [Sewing kit stat +10]. This sewing kit could be used on your "leather str+15" to create, for example, a leather helm str +25.
Too much like the old enchanting -- ie sit in town/make uber items. I've always thought...go kill mobs with good drops take em and be happy, seems like general consensus is "i r hunt goblins, i r go MAKE l33t gear"
The snake only strikes when the stars are aligned.
Khelben
on lolpatrol

Post by Khelben »

wishIwasDM wrote:
Khelben wrote:
recipe for [Sewing kit stat +10]. This sewing kit could be used on your "leather str+15" to create, for example, a leather helm str +25.
Too much like the old enchanting -- ie sit in town/make uber items. I've always thought...go kill mobs with good drops take em and be happy, seems like general consensus is "i r hunt goblins, i r go MAKE l33t gear"
That is a matter of balancing. Remember, recipes like this would be single use only and would be random drops, not like the old enchanting where you could mass produce whatever.
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Khelben wrote:
wishIwasDM wrote:
Khelben wrote:
That is a matter of balancing. Remember, recipes like this would be single use only and would be random drops, not like the old enchanting where you could mass produce whatever.
Even so Khelben, there should be more limitations. Like you cant go past the current drop limitations, like you shouldn't be able to go past +32 stats.
Khelben
on lolpatrol

Post by Khelben »

Onyxt wrote: Even so Khelben, there should be more limitations. Like you cant go past the current drop limitations, like you shouldn't be able to go past +32 stats.
I agree. Or do I? What about a rare recipe drops from a blood dragon that could make +15 leather into +35 leather. Wouldn't that be a nice reward for someone who has tailoring 100 and is able to kill blood dragons and able to gather the materials for said sewing kit?

or

we could raise the +limit up to what some players' items are or have egg nerf their equipment back to a maximum of +32 but that is another discussion altogether.
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Khelben wrote:
Onyxt wrote: Even so Khelben, there should be more limitations. Like you cant go past the current drop limitations, like you shouldn't be able to go past +32 stats.
I agree. Or do I? What about a rare recipe drops from a blood dragon that could make +15 leather into +35 leather. Wouldn't that be a nice reward for someone who has tailoring 100 and is able to kill blood dragons and able to gather the materials for said sewing kit?

or

we could raise the +limit up to what some players' items are or have egg nerf their equipment back to a maximum of +32 but that is another discussion altogether.
It would be nice an all, but what if someones lucky enough to find enough to make higher then +35 though?

Hes considered taking those secret merchant items away from them a few times. I honestly say let them keep it, they deserve to have it seeing as most have had the items for years.
Khelben
on lolpatrol

Post by Khelben »

Onyxt wrote: It would be nice an all, but what if someones lucky enough to find enough to make higher then +35 though?
Not sure if I understood you correctly but, if egg makes it so that no one can make it higher than +35 then no one will be lucky enough to do it.

Just to clarify my thoughts a bit with an example;

You kill a boss blood dragon. It drops a recipe for armorer's hammer stat +20. This recipe needs various materials to make, including some rare items which can only be found if you have learned this recipe. You gather all the materials and craft the hammer, which is soulbound and can only be used once. You can now craft one item with +35 (str or dex or int) using the hammer on an ingot +15 (which you get by deconstructing something).
Last edited by Khelben on Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Khelben wrote:Not sure if I understood you correctly but, if egg makes it so that no one can make it higher than +35 then no one will be lucky enough to do it.

Just to clarify my thoughts a bit with an example;

You kill a boss blood dragon. It drops a recipe for armorer's hammer stat +20. This recipe needs various materials to make, including some rare items which can only be found if you have learned this recipe. You gather all the materials and craft the hammer, which is soulbound and can only be used once. You can now craft one item with +35 (str or dex or int) using the hammer on an ingot +15 (which you get by deconstructing something).
I got what you meant, but I didnt realize you meant 35 would be the limit, a whoops on my part.
Khelben
on lolpatrol

Post by Khelben »

Onyxt wrote: I got what you meant, but I didnt realize you meant 35 would be the limit, a whoops on my part.
Limits aren't the main concern for now, the +35 I gave was just an example. The original thought behind my post was to make crafting more fun, serve a better purpose and give the playerbase a different way to obtain nice items.
Nightbringer
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Nightbringer »

There could be some items that are obtainable only from those recipes, too. And some/most of the ingredients shouldn't be monster drops or you would still need to grind lots of monsters to get good items, just like now. Some of the ingredients could be soulbound items made by other crafting skills, so you would need to be a real master crafter to do the good stuff.
Cult
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Cult »

Why don't you go write the code and email it to egg. All your really doing is increasing his work load. Besides why should the top of the food chain get the cool stuff :? :?
Light travels faster than sound.
This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.