Ideas thread 2009

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Re: Things you'd like to see with EUO 1.3

Post by Onyxt »

Keighn wrote:You ever work on a farm trying to hoe with 1 hand all the time. Not effecient. You ever swing one around at some wild dogs going after your geese with 1 hand. Super not effective.
Yeah true, but that wild dog thing made me lawl.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Well, being a game it really doesn't matter about IRL physics and game physics so it is possible (just look at Dungeon Siege). That being said, I think polearms are supposed to be 2-handed so you have to decide whether you want that uber bloodbolt bonus later on or forget polearms all-togther. I never submitted my graphics and pole-arm addtions. I suppose adding new weapons is always a horrific coding issue.

Crystal is in game as drops now? Who's found one?
ZUPS!!!!
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

Keighn wrote:Well, being a game it really doesn't matter about IRL physics and game physics so it is possible (just look at Dungeon Siege). That being said, I think polearms are supposed to be 2-handed so you have to decide whether you want that uber bloodbolt bonus later on or forget polearms all-togther. I never submitted my graphics and pole-arm addtions. I suppose adding new weapons is always a horrific coding issue.

Crystal is in game as drops now? Who's found one?
Well in some games I've seen polearms being dual wielded, so I thought might as well try. I think you misread and though Heikki saying crescent was crystal.
KingDavid
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by KingDavid »

Polearms should be able to attack two squares away.
Be strong and of good courage; fear not or be dismayed; for the Lord, even my God, will be with thee. He will not fail thee, till thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord.
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

I think you misread and though Heikki saying crescent was crystal.
And by crescent I'm pretty sure he means sickle. A visual of dual wielding sickles is pretty badass.

Anyways
That would be cool if with 100% inscription you could copy tomes onto scrolls and no matter what your magery skill or int was you could use that spell. I dont think it'd be very cheesy, if you wanted to make 10 scrolls of Vas Mani you'd have to spend 7.3k - making copying tomes to scrolls being the most expensive scrolls to make. Not only that, it'd be a good money sink because people are likely to get attached to them.

Example: One tome (XVM) 930gp + One blank scroll 30gp = 960gp each. Not to mention the money it takes to get to 100% inscription.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Oh yeah, spell scrolls being usable would be awesome.

Yeah, various farmers sometimes call the scythe a sickle. Yep, those small sickles are 1-handed. Dual wielding them I could see possible as when I cut brush I would often have a sickle in my off hand and a machete in my primary. I've also used a sickle to good effect striping tree bark from branches to make large poles for fencing.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I've been testing armour and increased magic resistance. Currently armour doesn't give any extra MR except for heavy. Here's the breakdown

Heavy Torso (splint, plate, field plate) = +30 MR
Shield (any) = No bonus
Greaves = +20 MR
Gauntlets = +10 MR
Plate Boots = +10 MR
Full Helm & Horned Helm = +30 MR

Tint and + for Vig, def, dex, nv do nothing. Seem a tad odd that blackrock is reknown for its anti magic resistance (even Valley of the Trolls states that various magic doesn't work effectively and yet, in game armour made of such material provides nothing extra. Here's my suggestion to something that I'd like to see (besides some more armours)

UA = +0
Shields (based on light, medium, heavy) provide+10, +20, and +30 MR respectively

Light Torso = +10
Medium Torso = +20

Light hands = +5
Medium hands = +10
Heavy hands = +20

Light feet = +5
Medium feet = +10
Heavy feet = +20

Light Helm = +10
Medium Helm = +20

Light Legs = +5
Medium Legs = +10

Easiest solution woulld be just plainly based on UA, Light, medium, Heavy
UA = +0
Light = +10
medium = +20
Heavy = +30

I think tint should come into play too.

Silver + 10 (+100 vs undead)
Gold + 20
Copper + 30
Blackrock +50
Diamond +100
Adamantium +50 (I know some would say +150)

armour with + for def should give +5 per +:
+1 = +5
+2 = +10
+3 = +15
+4 = +20
+5 = +25
+6 = +30

+ STR and + INT should continue to work how they do in accordance to such stats and MR.
ZUPS!!!!
Xero
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Re: New Bugs Thread Sept '08

Post by Xero »

I see it is a nice perk,
but it is limited in it's usefulness. If there was a level cap then it would be more viable. however, with the way things are currently setup. I can only see it being useful at very low levels. It quickly outlives it's usefulness at high levels. Now please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't want to have incorrect information and make assumptions because I'm not well informed, but these are the things I know....
1. Although in the forums it says that roughly 30 dex = 1 Def, Hawk tells me that it does not increase your defense. It is compared against the dexterity of the attacker and increases your dodge accordingly. I guess this could be concidered useful at reducing damage, but when compared against strength..
2. Strength increases both your HP max, and at high levels grants 1 MR for every 3 strength. It is more efficient at improving longivity than dexterity and also increases your damage.
3. Wearing heavy armor grants both Def and MR, but severely reduces movement and attack speed. At high levels this slows leveling and reduces damage output while only providing a limited amount of Def and MR since it is a set number.
4. It is therefore more efficient to wear UA cloth with bonus, cap dexterity, only increase strength (as it provides overall stamina against physical and magic attacks), and damage increases with those weapon.
5. Some would argue that dexterity is usefulness in providing damage for foils and SS, but in comparison, you can recieve bigger boosts of damage and prevent death alot easier by increasing strength and using a strength weapon.

My solution:
1. Increasing dexterity increases the ability to dodge both magical and physical attacks equivelant to the MR and extra HP from increasing strength.
2. All armor grants some MR depending on it's weight and your level so it does not become useless at high levels. Example: MR = ((base weight of normal type) x (level) /5) x Tint bonus %
3. increase damage from foils
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

"Racial spells" for mages. (Can only be learned on certain race)
Examples:

human:
- "Mages Talent": +5% on all skills for 10 min

draconian
- "Fly": no damage on lava AND can cross water

half orc
- "Blood lust" : +20% on AS for 10 min

half troll
- "Mana rage:" +20% swing speed for 10 min

gnome
- "Stunty": 2 x more chance to dodge attacks for 10min

bloodkin
- "Vampirism": All attacks leech 20% hp from damage for 10 min

shadowfolk
- "Puppet master": Makes enemy friendly (Attack other monsters) for 5 sec
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

For shadowfolk I'd say some sort of improved stealth or invisibility where you can attack and not be detected.
ZUPS!!!!
Xero
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Xero »

I like those ideas but I think the Half troll ability is a bit OP in comparison.
attack speed is a multiplier and that multiplier is stacked by dual wielding weapons which also increase the rate at which you accumulate rage. just my 2 cents
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I think the monsters are getting an unfair advantage vs them. And if this got put in even more so. I'm really waiting to see the code, if possible, for monsters to get player specials, block, dodge, etc.
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

He's right, he's not explaining it very well, but he is right. But it's not so much in the maths as in the language.

statement a) "non humans get 10% less than humans" - ie nonhuman xp = human xp * (100% - 10%) - this is correct - and this is the formula used in EUO
statement b) "humans get 10% more than humans" - ie human xp = nonhuman xp * (100% + 10%) - this is wrong because I have said the two statements are equivalent. If so then the 2 equations are equivalent, which they aren't - go write them down on a bit of paper and shuffle the numbers around. here I will do it for you.

Nxp=non human xp, Hxp=human xp
A) Nxp = Hxp * 0.9
B) Hxp = Nxp * 1.1

lets rearrange B) so that Nxp is on the left of the =
Bi) Nxp=Hxp/1.1

now 1/1.1=0.909091 which does not equal 0.9 = hence the statement a) does not equal b). There is 0.9% xp shortchange for nonhumans, QED
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

Even though I absolutely hate posting in this thread due to the fact there's like 1200 posts, I feel the need.

Unfortunately lycanthropy at this point in time is nothing more than a nuisance, to put it lightly. Instead of taking the time to add things to make it more balanced or add vampires or whatever the hell else has been suggested, I have a simple suggestion. How about upon a full moon people that are lycans get x2 load capacity that way they can actually carry the corpses needed to heal themselves. I think a simple change like that would make being lycan a lot more fun and make people actually want to use it instead of just curing it.
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

I can carry plenty of corpses with 400 base str... this is not the problem... things like lack of bash because its a "spell" or not being able to use QP... but its been discussed before.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Yeah, lycans get a raw deal:

No bash
No special attack (hell even just the usage to get x2 damage for that attack)
Horrific healing (albeit corpses do heal you all the way up).

Troll lycans aren't too bad and I've been toying around with a gnome lycan on pd.

Feral slash for a temp special and maybe improved healing. I may retest my human lycan and see if he slowly gets some hp. I imagine he does.

Despite all that, I gave RockBalboa lycan at lvl 173 and he does friggin awesome vs. most melee mobs.
ZUPS!!!!
Cirrus
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Cirrus »

Xp seems to be a bit unbalanced. At level 150, I level up twice as fast in the Lost Jungle as I do fighting dragons.
"If my head were any harder, you could use it as a cannonball!" - Pazu from Castle in the Sky

"Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue." - Proverbs 17:28

"The first annual Procrastinators' Club member meeting has been postponed until further notice." - Rusty's old sig.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Are you saying lost jungle is off or all experience in general. Mobs in Lost Jungle are, to my knowledge, set up at a higher level. XP is calculated by the game via however egg set it up. The lua can be altered so that such mobs have less experience. Just look at guards, they're tough as hell and worth maybe 1 xp (i'd have to recheck the monster dat).

I might disagree with you a bit though, as Heniek now slays hordes of dragons and gains much more xp than battling in lost jungle. Maybe someday I'll figure out what the xp per mob is in the Lost Jungle or someone privy to that info can just point it out. Til then, I dunno the difference.
ZUPS!!!!
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Don't think its a bug... but for what its worth I think the xp from lost jungle is slightly higher than dragons, but I'm a fighter. Mages would be a bit different. Of course, the dragons give better drops.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Cirrus
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Cirrus »

Keighn wrote:Are you saying lost jungle is off or all experience in general.
I just meant Lost Jungle.

Maybe I level faster there due to poor character build or because I can't fight large masses of dragons yet. The second option is more likely though.
"If my head were any harder, you could use it as a cannonball!" - Pazu from Castle in the Sky

"Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue." - Proverbs 17:28

"The first annual Procrastinators' Club member meeting has been postponed until further notice." - Rusty's old sig.