Ideas thread 2007

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Jaral wrote:*Tiles should be able to blend together better. This mostly means drawing tiles where different terrain types meet so that it looks more natural.

*I dont if there is enough support in this community (ie talented graphics artists) but really the game could look pretty damn nice with 32x32 or larger tiles and more animation for characters. Animation for movement in each direction, animation for magic attack, animation for melee attack, animation for being hit, possibly for death. This would make selling avatars a little bit harder, since youd have 50-100ish tiles to write instead of 4..
In the one tile thread in one of my first posts I showed what some blended tiles would look like using a dual templete similar to how the water is done. If there was some sort of coding that allowed for dual template then you could have say diagonals of 1/2 mountain & 1/2 swamp for example. The same could go for roads (which btw are kind of incomplete as I don't think there are any true T-way intersection pics or diagonal roads for that matter).

32x32 animation are nice (check out haxima for such usage). If all characters were made 32x32 standards then you could easily have double the monster tiles with small little 16x16 midget monsters.

I'm no expert on what can be stuffed onto the server but I have been informed that it can hold up to 300 maps and that is certainly not even close to what we have. I have no idea about tile graphics. I also don't know how many features can be implemented into maped (you can do quite a few with what is there). I don't forsee map sizes getting any bigger than 240x100 max(that's a damn big map). Spells/items/mob creations I'm also uncertain about. Sure different mobs would be nice (especially since there are tiles not being used). And then there is the whole quest writing.
ZUPS!!!!
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

We have more maps than you realize. Anytime you get the message saying "now entering..." you switched maps. It happens more often than you think.
Aristarch
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Aristarch »

There is a list of maps in the manual(http://swut.net/euo/manual/index.php/Map_List).
If the info is correct, there is still a plenty of room left.
Foul beast approaches?!
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

I'd like to see something added to alchemy as there is nothing new currently craftable with the skill after 85%. Someone mentioned before maybe making it possible with 100 alchemy to make your own monster from monster parts. This would be similar to the wood, brass and crystal golems from the woodcrafting, tinkering and enchanting skills. Also I was wondering now that enchanting is different if shields, cloth and leather armor drops are going to start dropping tinted as currently they don't. There is no way to aquire certain gear (studded leather armor + 3, goldweave gi(legs) of inteligence + 10, blackrock tower shield + 2 for example) anymore.
BlackMage
I should probably get out more.

Post by BlackMage »

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but here it is (maybe again).

I'd like to see the polymorph spell change a little bit.

Perhaps, based off of INT somewhat. A lower level mage would turn into a cyclops or ettin (and attain the proper AS/DEF while morphed), and as they progressed, you get better and stronger polymorphs.

Perhaps the strongest, once a mage reaches 1000 INT could be a shadow warrior. Maybe that's TOO good though.

I don't know, just an idea.
"All things end in judgement."
Bk
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bk »

I wouldn't say it's too tough to be a SW, you'd still have the same hp, and you'd only hit a bit more than a dragon.

But I'd like to see it when you morph into a dragon, you can cast your spells as fast as a dragon, and maybe have the polymorph work as summon dragon? Where you start off with a drake and progress up? But I like BM's idea too, so not every mage would have the ability to polymorph into a dragon at any lvl, depending on how fast they raise their Magery compared to their lvl.
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Post by Catherine »

Mage's staffs.

I've a few (AEP / XMP etc) enchanted staffs - drops not cheesy enchants.

Is it too much to ask for staff enchants to have a % chance of use on casting, rather than <strike>. No mage uses their staff to hit things with, enchanted staffs atm are kinda pointless. Likewise - given silver / vamp / etc doesn't effect spells, peeps only use ebony / adamantium, and that's it.

p.s.

Wtb something that increases polymorph damage rates - UA seems to raise using it, but damage doesn't increase. Mages have the largest set of mobs that they can't hurt due to magic immunity (golems, shadows, SLs etc) it would be kinda nice if we could increase poly damage, even at the expense of some of our other powers. e.g .I cast / equip a poly friendly device / spell, precludes casting anything during poly, but damage is upped. Oh, and AC in draggy form is still pants ;)
Tabitha
on lolpatrol

Post by Tabitha »

Wouldn't mind being able to polymorph into different types of dragons, say maybe killing a certain dragon would have a % to drop a tome that lets you polymorph into that dragon type. Just a thought :smoke:
Eternally Grateful To Pythian, and CIA ...TY
Mackey wrote:you guys dont jerk off to transformers? it's pleasure in disguise, dammit!

jumpstart wrote:People who call egg a EggMcFaggot should really suck his EggMcNuggets.
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

What if AEP staffs let you cast ranged AEP like Daemons. Same with XJ.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I always thought that the level of spells (Circles) would be interesting if they went up to 10th or even 12th. Then there could be far more difficult spells created that would be even harder to cast even if you were a gm in that area. i.e:

100% Magery Sorcery Piety:
99% success Circles 1-8
74% Circle 9
49% Circle 10
24% Circle 11
00% Circle 12

Now the only way I could imagine being able to even attempt a Circle 12 spell would be to have either an artifact that raises Magery/Sorcer/or piety beyond the 100% or Catherine's Humility Shrine idea where meditating there for a level gives another 1% to class skills. The only problem would be that class skills would have to be reworked to where they go beyond 100% and I can't see what's higher than a grandmaster.

Other spells ideas include:
Flame Wind
Energy (lightning) wind
Death Wind
death touch (lesser version of XC)
Ranged AEP
Ranged XJ
Ranged IJO
Ranged Healing Other
Ranged Greater harm (improved magic missile)
Ranged Poison Missile (damages)
Disease touch
Vampyric touch (non ranged)
ranged plague
Create Food (creates a loaf of bread % could be cursed)
Fear
Summon Cuddly (a little bunny)
ZUPS!!!!
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Post by Catherine »

Ranged XJ / AEP would be pretty borked, esp. in PvP, if it was garenteed. I was thinking perhaps 3% chance per + and range determined by +. But enchants are always +5, so range 3 tiles, 15% chance of casting enchant?
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

I'm sure it could be coded so it only works PVP if the target is an adjacent tile.
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

How about the ability to use shovels on certain spots to unearth special things? Digging up corpses in ultima 5 and 6 was fun though probably less than virtuos.
Bk

Post by Bk »

On Bugbo's Idea, the possibility to dig holes where stuff is/would be buried, like graves, and then search the hole, and find stuff, would be pretty neat. And an Idea of a Tomb place thats only accessable through digging a whole, and this be part of a quest that requires you go find the Pharoah, or something.
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Didn't want to post it in the 1.22 thread and it doesn't really fit in the 1.3 either as it is a minor tweak suggestion, but not worth wasting a new thread on.

How about moving the manufacture of pocket knives into the tinkering skill instead of weapon smithing?

You can't equip pocket knives as a weapon, it's used in tinkering so it's a bit out of place... on the other hand, if you argue that it should be in weapon smithing because it's sharp and pointy, how about adding wood axes to the weapon smithing skill?
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

1) Reduce damage on spell vs magic recistance ... lvl 200 mages can one hit IJO shadowmages X)
allso XC bit too effective on pvp.
2) Make back stabbing more effective on pvp.
3) Reducing cool down time on heal other (Make partys more effective)
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
BlackMage
I should probably get out more.

Post by BlackMage »

how about putting that energy bar to good use?

one idea; use the energy bar for quick bursts of speed, like sprinting or a temporary boost in attack speed? use a special key combination to activate it, and it's only replenishable by sitting in a chair or in a bed. No potions to replenish it because then it could be uber :cheese: -able...

another idea; instead of giving it a boost of energy over x amount of time, how about using the energy bar to give a boost to an attack? Maybe 2 - 3 hits maximum, so it's not overpowered. It could be activated by meditating for 30 seconds (irl time) and once you came out of meditation you had 10 seconds to use that boost or it would be reset, and you'd have to meditate for another 30 seconds. Again, only replenishable by sitting in a chair or being in a bed.

This could prove rather useful against a tough enemy, and it would pretty much be a focused attack on 1, maybe 2 enemies at the most.
"All things end in judgement."
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

I'd like it if instead of getting the "no such spell message", you cast a random spell on either yourself or an enemy and get a "Your spell goes awry". Effects could be good or bad, and possibly could contain effects that you couldn't obtain with normal spells, such as temporary stat boosts or the plague, maybe summon something that you normally couldn't. It would at least make it more interesting than nothing happening, which could also be a possible effect.
Stinger
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Post by Stinger »

Hmmm, seems too easy to keep trying to cast "An" until you get something good. But maybe if you fail to cast a spell or are casting with a cursed staff that should happen :cool:
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

Thats why 50% of the time, nothing should happen, 15-20% of the time something good should happen, & 25-30% of the time something bad should happen.