Ideas thread 2007

Moderator: EUO Moderators

stegos
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by stegos »

Here's more goofy ideas for woodcrafting:

1. Chain Saw of Logging. Chops logs 5 at a time but burns mana. Subject to wear. Might be a fun melee weapon too...

2. Woodcutters axe +N. Chops 1+N logs at a time. Created by enchanting a regular woodcutters axe? Subject to breakage.
- the true heart of ultima... is virtues and all that hippie crap - eggmceye, 2-jul-04
- Sorry would be the day that Stegos does not have some ideas, even bad ones. - me, 26-oct-05
- K goin back 2 Erth now ... - Morthwyl's Dino, 27-nov-07
- Level-up tax - the BEST gold sink! - me, 9-jan-09
- Stegos said it best... - Akyla, 21-sep-04
Morthwyl
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Morthwyl »

DINO AV
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stinger
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Post by Stinger »

I think it would be really cool if instead of just saying,"You fumble your spell!" when you try to cast with a cursed staff the spell would do the opposite of what it's supposed to do. For instance,

XJ-polymorphs target into a dragon

M and VM-cast on targetted monster

VYR-randomly changes your avatar and has the same effects as casting XJ on yourself

VOG-hits targetted monster but will also hit you and your party members

etc.

Summoning spells would summon evil monsters, and most offensive spell would hit you instead of the monster.
goemon
on lolpatrol

Post by goemon »

being able to curse things would be cool, but have it so other players other than the curser could know its cursed.

make sence?

ex:
i cursed food.
i gave it to a newbie.
i drop it.
he/she picks it up BUT! it doesnt have red text and he wont find out till he/she eats it.
but if you pick it up it might have...maybe...light blue text?
to show its cursed, but other people cant see it is unless put on.

and...

maybe if you have high enough STR (maybe like 200) and are 25% rouge you can use two axes? :) just a thought
Stinger

Post by Stinger »

Um, goemon you know can curse stuff with a cursed...but anyone can tell it's cursed.
Stinger

Post by Stinger »

DrBiggie wrote:Stinger those are fantastic ideas.
Someone likes one of my ideas!? :shock: :mrgreen:

(BTW goemon, I realised there is a way to curse items without anyone knowing they're cursed ;) )
Stinger

Post by Stinger »

Maybe dipping armor and jewelry? Dipping armor might give it def+ whereas dipping jewelry might give it a random stat+ (or maybe MR or NV?)
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

VEU, "float" can be coded to be a mount or can be a +150 max dex boost and protection from swamp and lava tiles.
Albion
How do I attack?

Post by Albion »

I would like to see a quickslot to quickly change between
a) weapon/shield
b) weapon/weapon
c) bow

I use bow sometimes and it takes some time to switch to my dual wielded short sword and main gauche

Albion aka Sinister
Casualty
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Casualty »

Just bind your weapon to a numerical key.
CIAassassin
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by CIAassassin »

OK well recently crush and I were talking about the old enchant. Trying to figure a way to balance it, because not being able to make certain gear kinda sucks. You rarely, if ever, see +def items on limbs; eg plate boots, and gauntlets. We were tossing around the idea of an NPC that does the enchant, and keep the soul bound. We tenatively looked at a price formula that would keep enchanting hard to do, but possible.

price for weapons:

*20k per plus for regular: +3 would be 60k.

*40k per plus for tints, excluding addy/vamp: +3 would be 120k.

*80k per plus for addy/vamp tints: +3 would be 240k.

*additional 500k for any enchant.

nv/mr items- since most can be found, many wouldnt try and ench these. But if they did a +4 would be priced at 100k.

def items:

this would follow the same price as weapons.

*20k per + for reg.

*40k per + for tint, excluding addy.

*100k per + on addy.

stat items:

this would follow suit with def items.

Also for any enchant, the person must also have the required items to make them as with the old style of enchant. Minus the wands.

edit: done in red, just doubled the prices.[/b]
Last edited by CIAassassin on Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

The above idea looks nice, BUT I think money shouldn't be used, because you can get 10k cash in an hour. If you farm that amount of money (and shards), you'll get the item for sure. And if you really try to find one item , that can take months.

And more about this idea:

1. You need to have the "old enchanting lvl" required to buy it
2. It could fail, the better the prefix/suffix, higher chances of failure
3. Maybe some "über hard" quest before you have the right to trade with the npc
4. The item bought should be soulbound of course

Oh, and what I'd like to see in EUO:

-WoW like instances, could be 2 man
-At 90 blocking, you could get the ability to "Bash" or "Smite" an enemy with your shield, which would stun/silence the enemy
-The above idea opens more possibilities to shields, such like +slaying (which would only affect the shield, not your mêlée weapon)
-Craftable shield spikes for shields
-At 100 crafting skill, you could start a quest / or something to make an "ultimate" item (soulbound), which would require ridiculously rare materials
-Instead of learning stuffs automatically, you could find some rare patterns which would teach you how to make something new (like pattern: shield spikes)

Pretty much WoW like stuff, but I think some of them would fit well.
No, I don't wear a watch. As my Dad used to say, "I'm not into time, man."
CIAassassin
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by CIAassassin »

tiz why the 10k is for regular items, and I forgot to say soul bound so that people dont make them and sell them. The money would pile on. Even for a regular item 80k gold for a regular +8 as well as getting a brilliant, bright, dim, dull shard, plus the gems. Also on the gems, they should be dropped from monsters, extremely rarely like at the rate of wands of trans, instead of the weapons/items being able to be dissed to get the gems. This is only a thought seeing as I dont know what is needed in the new ench style. If anything, prices could be shifted. Ill edit my post with them.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
DrBiggie
on lolpatrol

Post by DrBiggie »

A 2x2 giant crab called a Kraken
"I should make a gold suit of armor for my pimp"

DrBiggie: wtfs up Raiden?!
Raiden: you high?
Stinger

Post by Stinger »

Tan potions that turn you into a werewolf, even if you're immune to lycanthropy. However, if you aren't immune, you have a chance of contracting lycanthropy.

Rage attacks while in werewolf form and while polymorphed. For werewolves, that could be bite, which wounds the target and is vampyric. While polymorphed, that could be something lame like tail lash, which strikes all monsters adjacent to you.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

DrBiggie wrote:A 2x2 giant crab called a Kraken
We already have a 2x2 giant CRAB. Perhaps you meant squid.
ZUPS!!!!
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

More on the topic! Don't you wish you could drop some of those quest items that are left-over? I've got a pretty neat skull left over from a quest that I think would look nice as some home decor object, however, I can't drop it. :( :( Would be nice to drop quest items.

Another thing, pets. Some of you lower taming people can vouch for this. It's hard as hell trying to train your pet past level 10 if your pet is goblin or orc. Especially your shamen with summoning powers. Wouldn't you like to be able to train your goblins more easily? I think that maybe weaker pets should have a lower amount of experience they must obtain before leveling. This way, that goblin pet you've had forever won't have to fight minotaurs to level up, it can just keep fighting orcs and maybe a troll here and there. However, that dragon pet you've got, however strong it may be, will take a substantial amount of time to level up because of it's power and strength. Rats would take very little amounts of exp because of the types of monsters they can actually kill. Only makes sense eh?
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Another thing that would sure help players and make sense. What about gaining experience just by owning a pet. If you have a pet, you slowly gain some experience over time, not a big gain but, just something to help out alittle.

Also on another note, someone gave me an idea when he said "with 100 crafting skill you can start a quest..." Would be cool to see Grandmaster Quests, so when you get 100% in a skill, you can start a quest that will depend mostly on that skill to complete. This could open new gateways into new places. Such as, for fishing (combined with someone's 'gill' idea) you have to go underwater into an underwater cavern where a certain type of fish lives, and you have to catch this fish or something. Just tossing ideas out there, that's a bad example for the fishing quest of course, but you get where I'm going. Rewards should be very good too, since you have hit a high point on the list by getting 100% in a skill.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Lucky dog, I use to collect rat skulls for that rea...wait, nvm, I collected them cause back then you could do that newbie quest unlimited times, it was a nice source of gold... would be cool if that was back in. Newbies need money too! and only the giant rats from the jail level drop them... they wouldn't be getting that much gold over all, respawn rate isn't that quick.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

What about pets? Any of you had any further ideas about pets. From what I understand pets have the following general commands/abilities:

/petname
/stay
/heel
/follow
/guard

Most pets have a food type they can eat and some even have a favorite food. Some pets evolve at a certain level. Pets have the following moods from best to last (remid me if there are more):
Wonderfully Happy
Extremely Happy
Very Happy
Happy
Reasonably Happy
Content
Reasonably Content
Unhappy
Very Unhappy
Extremely Unhappy
?? ?? ??

Some commands I think that would be great:
/evolve (used only if a pet can evolve) With this command you could have a lvl 25 Imp flapping happily by your side.
/heal pet generally functions as heel but will be in a resting state and if possible always cast healing magic.
/brush (or perhaps something else. Keeps your pet happy but doesn't work as well as feeding (perhaps 1/10th as effective).
"T"alking to your pet works much like /brush but also states whether is is hungry and how happy it is.
"L"ook does what it does currently (stating xp lvl, hp and happiness).

Storage of more pets in the Stable. "Gotta Collect em All" in effect. I'd say similar to how a bank works. "Swap" still costs 500 gp. Unless somehow it can be coded to where it is 50-100 gp per pet owned in the Stable is how much a Swap will cost.

Allowing party members to step over pets and summons. That is by far the biggest complaint I've heard is pets getting in the way.

Perhaps some other commands that are combat orientated:
/melee only performs melee attacks.
/magic only performs magical attacks.
/sorcery only performs sorcery magic
/piety only performs piety magic
/magery only performs magery magic

Equipment on pets. At the very least spiked collars for pets to wear with maybe the possiblity of 2 rings. Probably much harder to figure humanoids for wearing armour and using a variety of weapons "unless" custom pet weapons and armour are created.

Anything else I missed?
ZUPS!!!!