druid thread

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

newmagna
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Re: druid thread

Post by newmagna »

I agree with rumper about partial respecing. maybe do just 50% tho
also make wisps the true utility form by making them unable to attack but have some insane dodge rate, and either make them a light source(so no invis) or give them some good nv.
crocs can swim but what about deep water? sharks can do go through with no damage perhaps, and while crocs may have good AS(and def) maybe give sharks HP and moderate as/def
Hydras should be a high level form IMO
rabbit could still be useful, just give it high speed and a 90/10 optimization(which with only partial respecing most wont be able to achieve) and give it like diamond to its attacks. still very low hp(not just cause of respec but an actual hp onus)
and what about a bird form with barb, or a spider form with venom
we would still need a more complete tank form i think, focused on hp and def(since crocs and sharks muddy the waters ba dum psh) how about treant form with maybe regen? or a heal radius for party members like that one enchanting thing i dont remember the name rn
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

The Ent idea is fucking awesome, please for the love of god make a build that revolves around spreading poison and enhancing it. Holy shit that would be so awesome. It would be so much fun to have one in groups, constant ticking damage, maybe even a ability that strengthens the debuff of posion!? Ahhh yeah. :lesson:
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
kyloth
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by kyloth »

im totally on the bandwagon for making treant, and i agree to make it a healy class with no slows on forests and such, no effect from poison tiles, double dmg from lava tiles. i like the idea of the wisp being full utility, let it blink and invis on transform, but give it a spell that lets it act like a torch everywhere it goes. i agree that wisps should not be able to attack, but are incredibly fast and can heal/buff/utility cast. i still think rabbit and shark are not necessary, and the croc should eb full tank form, hydra full mage form, and wisp full heal/utility form.

if wisps can fly, deep water is not an issue, neither is how far a croc can swim.

so, the treant!
totally YES!
treants i agree should not be slowed by forests and should have some special abilities when in or around forests. i like the idea of them being AOE healers as opposed to targeted healers,
i also really like the idea of them doing poison and entangle damage over time.
i think treants should be split 33/33/33 on stats,
bark skin is a must, bonus armor and MR.
i still think treants and crocs specifically take bonus dmg from lava tiles, while wisps are unaffected and hydras get normal effect.

just spitballing.
druids cannot equip any weapons except staffs.
all forms are unarmed,
each form has its own effect on basics.
croc = bleed dmg or vampy
hydra = silver weapon
wisp = cant attack and/or has to cast a spell to let them attack during a time limit, with a gold and glass like weapon.
treant = attacks have a chance for poison dmg (same engine as bleed but with different color blit.) poison chance increased while in forest tiles.
WHABALADUBDUB! My people have another saying. "Gubba nub nub do ra ka." It means, "Whatever lets you sleep at night."
Omnidescent

Post by Omnidescent »

Do I foresee a druid ability that allows you to charm animals and such? :lesson:
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

how did i miss this?
MONSTER OF THE S W A M P
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

spell idea:fragrant flower
creates a sweet smelling flower in the ground where you are(works as a tile) that attracts monsters and makes them docile(can be resisted by random chance improved by mr/diminished by caster's int, but if they resist they need to "reroll" every 3-(skill level/50) seconds) until the effect passes of they are attacked. if you attack a monster they released from the effect and all surrounding monsters "roll" again to see if they resist it again. the monster attacked doesnt have def/mr for the first attack
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Druids are/were one of my all-time favorite classes. The moment I saw him when Diablo 2 Expansion came out I was hooked.

What I noticed a lot of people looking at was specs per form. What I've always thought Druids to be were Mages of Nature that were able to use the powers of nature to it's fullest. Instead of specializing in one polymorph and having specs for them, the druid was a master of all forms and anything natural.

Possible Skills could be:
Nature Magic
Polymorph
(Something to do with gathering herbs and such, similar to farming, but could be based on searching the wild or "speaking with plants" for their aid in the form of herbs?)

Druids natural form would be that of the race it is initially. Human for instance, a druid would normally be in Human form having a multitude of spells to cast. I'm not familiar with the magic of EUO, but I think it requires specific words to be "spoken" to cast magic? "Ort Grav" shoots lightning. However, if this is the case, Rabbits don't usually run around speaking languages that are understood, so magic wouldn't be able to be used while in [most] forms. Instead, there could be specific abilities that change depending on what form you are in? For instance, what would be "Ground Slam" in bear form, hitting the ground all around you, could be a similar ability "Static Shock" in Hydra form, which would shock the area immediately around the Hydra? The ability could be called a basic name that means "small aoe around player" or something so the player knows which one it is.

Druid stats could also be completely "respec'd" when changing forms. For example, the standard Human Druid would want to raise their Intelligence first to use the magic and spells that a Druid would use, but when they enter bear form, the strength and intelligence stats are switched, so all the points put into int, will go to str, raising the bear's HP and combat prowess. Maybe in Rabbit or Panther form, the int is swapped with dex, giving the increased speed (If this is true, maybe only a 10% increase to speed to allow for moving faster than you would be able to if normal form.)

Rabbit: Having a mobile form is a great idea. I think druids might be more apt to use stronger forms than a rabbit though. Maybe a cougar or panther. Their mobile form could increase movement speed by 50%-100% up to a cap that is slightly faster than the max speed of normal players.

Croc: I think it might be important to focus more on beasts of the forest. A croc is tough out of water, but their strength flourishes in water. If using a fighter class, a bear might be a stronger option. Tanky to sustain fights and dish out damage.

Hydra: I love the concept of the Hydra, and it suits beasts of the forest theme (in some regards.) Could also have another spellcaster form (Someone mentioned Treant,) possibly Salamander or something to give a different element.

Wisp: I really love this idea. Not really a beast or animal, but having this form (and I agree with invisibility) could increase (slightly) movement speed, allow the teleporting, and light spell casting? Possibly finding a way to tie in "leading travelers astray" since that's really the only attribute that wisps have in folklore.

Shark: I'm not entirely sold on this form. I can't think of many aquatic forms though, but I don't see much need for one. If you introduce a flying form, that would easily cross water just as well. I did fancy the Hawk idea.

I think having the Druid be able to move from form to form as it suits him would be a vital part of the Druid's success:
Human Druid walks into a cave with 5 trolls and 3 troll axethrowers. He casts ensnare, which deals small damage and snares the 3 of the trolls that are together. He immediately casts "Polymorph Bear" and transforms into a bear to smash the 2 trolls that approach him. Then casts "Polymorph Salamander" to cast "Fireball" at the 3 trolls snared, dealing increased damage due to the vines wrapped around them (catching the entire ensnared aoe on fire to deal DoT) Then casts "Polymorph Hydra" to zap the 3 axethrowers before casting "Polymorph Hydra" again to revert back to Human form. There would have to be a downside to the transformations though, such as too many, too quickly may leave the Druid addled? His mind needs time to adjust to the multiple transformations. The time frame on this could get smaller as the Druid masters the skill Polymorph?

I think the Druid should be able to fill many roles, Healer in "Human" form, Fighter in Bear, Rogue in Cat (can smell or spot traps?) and Caster in Hydra/Salamander.

Just a few ideas and comments. I'm really eager to see this released and how it turns out!
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

:alarm: :nightshade: Druids are now testing on Alpha! :nightshade: :alarm:

Keep posting your ideas and I'll keep reading them, but I really wanted to get druids on alpha before my holidays ended, so here they are, warts and all.

There is plenty of unfinished stuff, including maybe some 'fixmes' and 'placeholders'. the kill-spell equivalent is disabled, and also there is no lvl 7 or 8 druidry spells. Polymorphism spells have no circle - and I don't know yet how to order them or give them to the player. ALl spells can be bought at the druid grove just south of mino halls.

Type

Code: Select all

/script druid 
to get some starting skill points

well there you go, I will keep plugging away at them

you might find there are some useless features of druids: I found I was more into their flavour rather than being an amazing new class. I'll be interested to see how they go, and how they blend with other classes, and other skills on W and NG

and finally, hydra is meant to be squishy and fast clearer, and croc is meant to be slow tank. he prob needs a bleeding attack, but I only just realised this now and it's my bedtime so might update that as a priority soon.

IF I were you, I would bind 'druid action' to a fkey like f1 so you can use it with all the polymorphs: that is the spell that varies between poly shape. It might even be better if it was called 'druid special'
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

OMG. You've added bongs to EUO. :lesson:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Polymorphing between animals morphs is a bit awkward. You have to unpolymorph before you can polymorph into another animal again.

Haven't figured out how to mountainwalk in zorn morph.

As a result I can't seem to go from shark morph in the ocean and climb into a mountain range (I just end up drowning).

Also Mothras, Wisps and Hydras morphs can't go travel on water (unlike their respective mobs?). Is this intentional, to keep Shark from being redundant?

Enchantment transfer casts when you try to transfer an enchantment onto an artifact staff (Mariah's), but enchantment doesnt transfer and the enchanted item disappears as if it has.

APOC mobs are neither vegetable, animal nor mineral and are uncharmeable as a result.
Otherwise haven't found a no limit to the number of mobs charmable.
There also doesnt seem to be a way to make them hostile again.

Thanks egg.

P.S. Woah dude, everything looks so green when you are stoned. Had a serious case of the munchies and had to raid the Izumi cheese shop. :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

FAQ
mountainwalk: just poly into zorn and walk into/over mountain (fixed)

poly between animals: you don't need to unpoly first!

you should probably /trimskills to get your class cap down to 50 or so BEFORE you type /script druid

sharks shouldn't take damage from high seas (bug)

croc prob needs bleed attack

speak to plants only works on the following:
pot plant, trees of most types (only single trees, not forests), tree ent, forest golem and a couple of others: plan on adding more but the main ones are done. there are a couple of amusing ones I have not listed here

hydra, mothra and wisp can't and won't travel on water
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

Croc feels pretty good single target. Im rocking my necro int gear, but still managed to dish out some good damage against regular dragos. The bleed should perfect it.

Hydra is fun, I bind lightning to f5, and weave in some melee hits, which hit pretty hard on regular dragos. I want to equip a vog staff, and see if i can get it to arc with hydra lightning, that would be nifty. Or maybe have it trigger a passive arc ability or something?

Spamming sleep wind on mothra was interesting too. With that said I feel like there is a ton of different forms.

Note: Cast speeds make this class fun.
speed
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by speed »

Mountainwalk stays as a buff until you press X. Thus, casting RY3 after RY6 allows you to be a bunny with mountainwalk. Probably a bug. Can't wait to use rabbit form in the full druid release though. I'm also excited for OG4 being back in the game.

Also, do druids have a designated weapon?
-Speed(COG) = [Grandmaster Stafffighter idk...]
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

speed wrote: Also, do druids have a designated weapon?
Staff, isn't it. That's the whole point of the transfer enchantment on staff spell.

Is the stat ratio the same as mages though?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

LaughingCoyote wrote:
Is the stat ratio the same as mages though?
staffs are 50/50 str/dex when used in melee, so that's basically why croc specs to 45/45/10, to maximise damage (since staff does not become unequipped when poly)
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

eggmceye wrote:FAQ
poly between animals: you don't need to unpoly first!
You do when you morph from other animals to shark. Its basically the ship/raft/transport X-it thing. You get the "Not while polymorphed!" message.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Just a few suggestions on what I've noticed so far

Rabbit form movement not hindered by terrain (IE: brush, forest or foothills)

Snake form have venomous attack in addition to poison wind?

Restoration should be allowed to cast on other players. Would be better if it could be a target ability like Xen Mani but i know that may be more difficult to do unless you're allowed to target yourself with crosshairs.

Otherwise, I really enjoyed the Druid. I really like Vine Whip being a pull spell.
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

Yo,

Have not time to test Druids yet but got some idea to get them even more unique class:

As they are related for nature I would like to see 2 spells:

"Gift of life" Remains about 1 hour, cool down 30 minutes (Should have very long cool down that not reset on death) Allows player / (whole party?) to resurrect himself/(them) where ghost is with 50% of mana and 50% HP. I think this will be very unique and courages to different play style. Long cool down makes this not OP.

I would also like to see Druids to related more near taming skill:

Some spells like:
"Shield of nature" Makes every pet on party invulnerable for some time 5s ec? 10 sec? 15 sec? Need test that it does not become OP or worthless.

Some "druid only" buffs spell for pets?
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Maybe also create a "druid action" for werewolves. Once you cure Lycanthropy and have "mastered the transformation" a druid should be able to morph into it and use the druid action.

I'd say they couldn't morph into it manually before hand as Lycanthropy is a mutation an is an unstable polymorph. The druid can't control the transformation same as any other class until the cure is attained.

Heikki's Gift of Life is a great idea, even if it's not allowed to be cast on self when dead it would act as another version of Resurrect but you actually start out with mana instead of 1hp and 0 mana. This could be altered so Piety Resurrect brings a player back with 50% life but 0 mana, and Gift of Life brings them back with 1 HP but 50% mana, attuning more to a magic of nature sense or something. I could still see it acting like a Death Ward and doing what Heikki suggests, instant revival with 50% hp/mana but a one minute cooldown period after being revived via Gift of Life to prevent immediate recast upon revival. (making yourself practically immortal)
Omnidescent

Post by Omnidescent »

BUG: Morphing from zorn to any form, as speed states (did this with rabbit on) allows you to still walk on mountains

To be honest druid is very incomplete now, I've tried a bunch of builds with it though.

I have to say, I never really knew why diagonal VoG exists when VoG is way better, you can't even use diagonal VoG if there is a window infront of you, I've tried it on hydra with a VoG staff and... it wasn't very positive... why do you even melee when you're supposed to be casting spells as a hydra? Also, why is diagonal VoG on par with Thorn Whip? I'm better off spamming Thorn Whip while using a VoG staff on croc with a bunch of points in int (duh) than hydra + VoG, hydra needs more work tbh.

Mothra's sleep is nice, haven't tried rogue druid, but I think it'd be nice dealing 2x BS/Spray and Pray with a musket, I feel like the proc chance is lower than the mage version though, doesn't make sense.

Croc is... meh, fighters are also meh so... meh.

Snake? Well, poison needs an enhancement, I've never needed to use poison in my entire life, not worth it imo.

I won't judge Druid though, it's still very incomplete, but, even necro wasn't very appealing at first, I can see druid is in a kind of better state, good job so far. :P

About Heikki's Gift of Life, necro already has that, it wouldn't make sense to give it to druid though, after all, death acts/immortality belong/s to necromancy, plus, druid already has too many spells from other classes (i.e: Poison/Sleep wind, diagonal VoG, Quake, etc etc...)

I'd like to see Bark Skin as I suggested before, MR + Def increase, but, please, no invulnerability spells, druid is a healer, not a beefed up priest.

Hmm, werewolf morph? You see, after a bit, too many morphs would become a problem, and, perhaps, croc is fine right now as being the only melee-viable morph.

Just my 2 cents though, I can see people have different points of view.

P.S: The hell is this water pipe? Weed?