Am I screwed? 26% Rogue class already and I'm a mage

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Holycannoli
Hey I just posted on an internet forum!

Am I screwed? 26% Rogue class already and I'm a mage

Post by Holycannoli »

New player here. I have a level 13 mage that has 26% rogue class from searching and opening chests. That's all - just searching and opening chests. I had no idea it would level rogue like that. I want mage, maybe 100% mage. Looks like the most I can get now is 74%, and I don't know if it screws this character and if I should restart.
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Re: Am I screwed? 26% Rogue class already and I'm a mage

Post by Sumter »

No, you're not screwed at all.

There are slash commands for this. You can type /trimskill traps 0 and it should make traps 0. You could also type /limitskill traps 0 to set a limit on it.
You can trim and limit any skill you want at any time.
Also... /myskills will show all your skill names as well.
[Reg] Buck
[PD] Sumter(formerly Javier)/DukeSease/Sease
HunterAlpha1
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by HunterAlpha1 »

So if he eliminates his Rogue skills, how can he open doors and chests? Or does he just have to skip out on all the sweet loot?
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

HunterAlpha1 wrote:So if he eliminates his Rogue skills, how can he open doors and chests? Or does he just have to skip out on all the sweet loot?
As a mage your EP spell unlocks higher leveled locks based on your intelligence. As for traps, you basically just have to open them and hope it isnt the lightning trap that kills you. You can also use the Bash spell to break locks if your strength is high enough to do so.
newmagna
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by newmagna »

eat blue dragon meat(roasted or charred) to get elec resistance
Belkar
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Belkar »

Sumter wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:54 am Also... /myskills will show all your skill names as well.
Question here too: how can I stop the skills from scrolling?
Is there a less command or something?
Assailant
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Assailant »

/myskills will list all your skills, if you need to scroll up to see something specific hit page up. You can also hit Z twice and it'll list all your skills or additionally head to the armoury page and it'll list all your skills.
Celerion
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Celerion »

newmagna wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:05 ameat blue dragon meat(roasted or charred) to get elec resistance
Yeah, that's the main advice.
So you hunt down blue dragons while you go, butcher their meat, roast it (using baking dish on stove) and build up a stock of it.
When you feel like looting chests, eat some of that roasted blue dragon meat, approach the chests and use "Ex Por" to unlock the locked ones. That's the mage way of looting chests. No rogue-skills required.

Additionaly, scrolls of protection prevent getting poisoned, and healing with bandages can cure blindness from chests. So you should train cooking, inscription and healing (with bandages).

Of course, you'd need a decent level to hunt blue dragons. So if you want to loot chests from day one, you may go the rogue route first, and when you are able to hunt blue dragons and cast "Ex Por" sufficiently, you can switch to the mage way and use "/trimskill" on the rogue skills.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

This is an odd build/guide. Note there is a FAQ in general to ask questions. What's even more odd is it being responded to about 3 years later.
ZUPS!!!!
Celerion
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Celerion »

Keighn wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:52 am This is an odd build/guide. Note there is a FAQ in general to ask questions. What's even more odd is it being responded to about 3 years later.
This is an odd comment.