Human Vampire Rogue/Fighter

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Mackey

Human Vampire Rogue/Fighter

Post by Mackey »

Fairly simple build; Take the high dps and versatility of a rogue and add the durability of a fighter. Toss in Vampyrism for lifesteal, immunities. Add high damage gear/weapons, shake well with ice, pour into rocks glass and get shitfaced on the awesomeness that is...

Mackey's Build

Class Skills

100% Rogue
If you don't know anything about rogues, check out:

The manual guide on rogues

http://euotopia.com/manual/index.php/Classes#The_Rogue
The forum guide on rogues
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4921

100% Fighter
Now, I take 100% in fighter for two reasons:

1.) Tactics - Tactics gives both a bonus to AS and a % based dmg reduction. If my SCIENCE checks out, you're really not losing much in damage by sacrificing the 38 levels in versatility for dual classing when you factor in the tactics bonus. Same goes for any hp lost, due to the dmg reduction.
2.) Block - Pair with a foil and make melee mobs and players cry as you block, parry, and reposte like a whirling, blocking dervish.
*CON- You can't dodge while wearing a shield, which is one of a rogue's best traits due to their high dex
2.) Block - Block gives an additional % based dmg reduction to magic dmg taken. This stacks with Tactics' dmg reduction, and as far as I can tell, you don't have to have a shield equipped for it to work.

Stats

You can figure your stats at a 3:1 Dex to Str ratio including your dex or str gear, but I enjoy an imperfect ratio with a little more STR than the 3:1 ratio would call for. This gives a little more HP and lets you carry more junk without a really noticable change to damage.

Vampyrism

Vampyrism Thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4506#p78151

I chose to go vamp to eliminate the need for mani and cut down my use of pots during combat, which interferes with the use of other hotkey items like equiptment runes, brown potions, etc.
CON- You'll still have to carry a good supply of yellow pots while running across the continent, on fire, to get to your map.
Hunting in Anapathea and Heroic CoS is still great, and if your DPS is good enough, you can hunt anywhere from Bloody Minos to ToLS and simply leech more hp than the sun is taking from you. I recommened carrying between 20 and 50 healing wards if you have them for times when the party slows down/stops to chat.

Weapons and Armour

First off, get yourself one or two equipment runes. I like a set of AS/Stat gear and a set of MR gear, and the ability to swap between the two at the touch of a hotkey is vital to adapting to any and every situation.

AS Jewelry - Get a necklace/spiked collar and rings of the highest AS you can. Up to an extra +27 AS really makes a difference in the damage you deal and the amount of HP you're healing per hit.
Stat gear - You can go with either DEX or STR gear here, no need for INT as you're not a spellcaster. Same with vigour. Nightvision is a waste of a slot, but use at your discretion until egg gives vamps a NV perk.

MR gear - Crystalhide everything. Nightstalker gear is excellent, especially when Crystalhide, if you can find/trade for some. +5 MR gives a little more MR than a crystal +7 DEF item, but that's up to you to mix and match, as the DEF helps with block when you're fighting melee mobs with a shield.

Weapons - High AS Adamantium/Blackrock Machete(s) for backstabbing. Don't bother with diamond as backstabbing cranks up your AS for that attack anyway.

- Ranged weapons - This is where your personal preference comes into play. If you can find a good enchanted/tinted combination in a sling, such as XJ Barbed, You can whittle away at a lot of higher level mobs. Best used with aimed attack to give slow status to mobs.
BONUS: Slings can be paired with shields so you can block melee mobs while rattling off bullets (and spells, and status effects) at ranged or magic mobs you can't reach yet.
Crossbows are good for when you're taking a support role in the group. Most bang for your buck so you won't have to carry a shitload of arrows, and spray n pray is pretty devastating against groups of mobs. Go with high AS Oak or adamantium.

- Foils - Same as slings, you can go with either high AS adamantium/Blackrock (Don't bother with copper; foils are so fast to begin with the speed bonus is nearly nonexistant) or a nice barbed/venemous enchanted, such as AEP or IJO.

Carry as many of these weapons as you'd like, mix them with your AS/MR gear sets, set equipment runes, test them out, get comfortable with all your combinations and know what situation to use them in.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Human Vampire Rogue/Fighter

Post by Keighn »

Was there ever a reason why dodge was waxed out when paired with a shield. For as long as I played I didn't think it made much sense. Maybe OP.

What's your suggestion and experience with various artifacts? Any noteworthy ones?
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Keighn wrote:Was there ever a reason why dodge was waxed out when paired with a shield. For as long as I played I didn't think it made much sense. Maybe OP.

What's your suggestion and experience with various artifacts? Any noteworthy ones?
Dodge and Block were made exclusive because people considered them to be OP. I never really thought so, seeing as so few people dual classed with Fighter as a secondary class, but whatever.

Artifact Weapons are pretty much junk. A tinted pair of Fredrick's Hands are about the only rogue arties worth anything. Artifact weapons really need reworked, maybe to always drop tinted? Maybe new artifacts with combination AS +7 and enchantment?
Crystal Nightstalker shirt is one of the best MR pieces in the game. Bands are great, I like Signet rings, too. Pat's spiked collar is pretty decent too. Most of the head piece/hat artifacts are fairly useless, especially the Nightstalker Cap, seeing as you can just wear a Patrick's Spiked Collar and get more than enough Nightvision.
This is all only really good for an MR/DEF set of gear anyway. If you're going Damage/AS, just WoT/trade/find some Battlehide +36 Dex/Str gear and +9 AS Jewelry
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Cool build Mackey. Rogue/fighter gives a lot of tankiness while still doing tons of damage.
Mackey wrote:Most of the head piece/hat artifacts are fairly useless, especially the Nightstalker Cap, seeing as you can just wear a Patrick's Spiked Collar and get more than enough Nightvision.
This is all only really good for an MR/DEF set of gear anyway. If you're going Damage/AS, just WoT/trade/find some Battlehide +36 Dex/Str gear and +9 AS Jewelry
For a high DPS (and less tanky) build, I actually think a Crystal Nightstalker cap would be a good NV replacement for Patrick's Spiked Collar since you could then wear a spiked collar of attack +8/+9
IGN: 1
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

1[WoWz] wrote:For a high DPS (and less tanky) build, I actually think a Crystal Nightstalker cap would be a good NV replacement for Patrick's Spiked Collar since you could then wear a spiked collar of attack +8/+9
I agree, for the AS/Dmg set of gear I use AS neck, but for MR/def I like a pat's collar and a crystal MR +5 head over a crystal NS cap.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I'm rather curious about your average high MR obtained (I'll assume you're using some sort of mythic or w/e add on to gear). What about estoreths vest?

I sort of wish artifacts had more pizazz in effects rather than just generic stats.

Preferred special with foils in this build?

I haven't played for so long that I didn't realize there is now a quick change for gear. Must be nice to switch to heavy MR to high AS in a single button.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Keighn wrote:I'm rather curious about your average high MR obtained (I'll assume you're using some sort of mythic or w/e add on to gear). What about estoreths vest?
With my MR build I can get around 3k MR max. I prefer NS, personally, because of the slightly higher DEF
Keighn wrote: sort of wish artifacts had more pizazz in effects rather than just generic stats.
You and me both. Would nice to see more artifacts drop with a nice tint standard. Otherwise they're just mythic material as far as I'm concerned.
Keighn wrote:Preferred special with foils in this build?
Usually Slice and Dice for the damage and bleed chance, but gouge is nice against mobs and PvP alike. In PvP I'll also bind disarm, though it can be useful while party hunting against a mob with insane MR/DEF.
Keighn wrote:I haven't played for so long that I didn't realize there is now a quick change for gear. Must be nice to switch to heavy MR to high AS in a single button.
Equipment runes are fucking awesome. There is a small cooldown though, so if you really wanna swap just weapons fast, just bind that weapon. Runes are nice because you can change armour AND both on and off hands at the same time, ie switch to a foil and a shield at the same time.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Keighn wrote:I'm rather curious about your average high MR obtained (I'll assume you're using some sort of mythic or w/e add on to gear). What about estoreths vest?
Just wanted to chime in here. Getting 2625 MR seems to be the sweet spot if hunting heroic dragons is what you're doing.
IGN: 1
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

1[WoWz] wrote:
Just wanted to chime in here. Getting 2625 MR seems to be the sweet spot if hunting heroic dragons is what you're doing.
I was looking for a pvp build that could stand up to mages, but if you run a full INT bloodkin mage with max buffs, you can get around 4k int, so MR builds are pretty much useless...
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I've seen that musket vid. PVP khaki and repeat aimed shot should ruin anyone's day.

Fighter I don't know. Hamstring then repeated shield bash followed up with a flurry. Haven't pvpd mages tbh.
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

If you ran 100r/70monk/30priest or something, couldn't you just use ranged and hope yeti procs vs a mage?
Minus the priest, because youre a vampire heh.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Keighn wrote:I've seen that musket vid. PVP khaki and repeat aimed shot should ruin anyone's day.

Fighter I don't know. Hamstring then repeated shield bash followed up with a flurry. Haven't pvpd mages tbh.
Can't use khakis in tournaments. Mages have AEP against melee and XJ against ranged. Still haven't found a good way to get around mage status spells.
Tink wrote:If you ran 100r/70monk/30priest or something, couldn't you just use ranged and hope yeti procs vs a mage?
Minus the priest, because youre a vampire heh.
Still haven't figured out the chance of yeti firing; not sure if it's scaled to weapon speed like wep ench is or if it's base % chance. And you're still banking on a slow while the mage is casting XJ, sleep wind, or just getting up in your ass with AEP.
Only time I came close to beating a real PVP mage in a tournament was because he forgot to use truesights and I kept running away when he'd reveal, hide, and try to get close enough to backstab before he could reveal me. If he'd used truesights, I'd have been smoked right away.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Can't backstabb at all with true sight? That's crap. You should have to be revealed IMHO. At the very least there should be a bonus for rear attack.

I still think there should be a sniping attack or couple blindness into it.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Keighn wrote:Can't backstabb at all with true sight? That's crap. You should have to be revealed IMHO. At the very least there should be a bonus for rear attack.

I still think there should be a sniping attack or couple blindness into it.
You can still backstab a target that has true sight; it's just that a mage with truesight will fuck you up a mile away.
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

Or Truesight gets removed LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Or there becomes spells like Counter Magic (effectively removes magic defense spells/buffs of this sort while in the radius of the cloaked).
Dispel Magic to remove all active buffs so mage has to recast them.

Actually, if euo ever gets into adding special abilities perhaps Spell Cloak or some better name for rogues to acquire would be great. Or some sort of greater cloaking mechinism.

Its a rogues business to become undetectable by any means so naturally they'll eventually look for ways to overcome magic.

Fighters big bad tanks
Rogues sneaky tricky hidden
Mages artillery
Priests healing support

That's been the basic formula though most rogues also stole and looted merchants plus overcoming traps and locks.
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

cool thread, makes euo sound complex and sophisticated

I think with arty weapons, last time I said I would rather add new & better ones rather than beef up old ones, but that can be argued about elsewhere

I have a Q: is it more common to run +AS in equip slots rather than def or MR, and does anyone run stats in slots? (eg int)
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

I do at higher levels. I run +AS in rings, neck, and sigils. MR most of the time in the other slots, but once i hit about 300-400 i slowly convert 1 item at a time to +int till i have no more MR. but that's just me.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

eggmceye wrote:Mackey, you're so awesome.
I know.
eggmceye wrote:I have a Q: is it more common to run +AS in equip slots rather than def or MR, and does anyone run stats in slots? (eg int)
Everyone I know runs AS when they can, then tinted artifact stat/as/mr combo
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

EmoMage wrote:I do at higher levels. I run +AS in rings, neck, and sigils. MR most of the time in the other slots, but once i hit about 300-400 i slowly convert 1 item at a time to +int till i have no more MR. but that's just me.
This is a horrible idea and let me tell you why:

1) Mackey will just wreck your shit no matter what.

and that's why your build is crap jk i love you emo