Moderator: EUO Moderators
50% Necromancer – for extra health, soul transfer, and corpse explosion
20% Monk – for sanct mani (he’s a vampire, so can’t use priest)
30% Mage – for an mani, believe it or not. With attack gear, it can be pretty effective while not draining mana
Note, my staff fighter will probably have to drop his magery, since an mani won’t scale well at a high level, and I’ll need to put a large amount of stats in int to keep it afloat.
I’m not saying this is the best way to make a staff fighter, but it’s been working for me. Has anyone else made a decent staff fighter?
"Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue." - Proverbs 17:28
"The first annual Procrastinators' Club member meeting has been postponed until further notice." - Rusty's old sig.
- Stop posting already --;
- Posts: 5387
- Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:13 am
- Location: Hey.... pssttt Back in Orgeon
1. They are non classed so you can be a completely 0% classed alt or anything in between like say 20% multi class in five classes or whatever.
2. Enchanted staves get high magic damage if using solid +AS gear like rings and necklaces
3. I recall charge working with staves so its a huge plus to hamstring opponents
4. Shields tend to suck with staves as far as blocking goes. Unless its changed. I suppose bonuses are still usable from a shield
5. If I recall staves are 50/50 strength/dexterity based. Check manual for confirmation.
@Keighn - I didn't know that about charge. I'll have to try that! In terms of rage moves, MR cleave isn't too helpful.
@Tink - I haven't tried it. As Keighn said, blocking is impossible with a staff equipped, but I don't think that will necessarily stop shield bash from working. Maybe I'll test it to be sure.