Necromancers ARE LIVE!

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

dirtyking
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Re: Necromancers ARE LIVE!

Post by dirtyking »

warlock could be like a gun using spell caster ,
magic so no bullets needed to shoot guns,
different guns could be added too like duel wielding pistols,
can trow the bombs but maybe orange like pumpkins,
go 2x2 for double damage for casting n shooting .
spells - devil army , ring of devils spawn around u, minute cool down,
spell - magic life , if hp is to zero take remaning damage from mana till its at 0

some spells u can only cast with gun in hand

spell- open wide, shoots a wide shot to everyone in the direction , like wind spells
spell -ice shot, shots have chance to freeze , n do more damage
spell-fire shot, makes shots do more fire damges n could have fire ball look , shoots 2-3 bullets with gun in hand
spell - sleep shot, shots have a chance to put targets to sleep for 5-10 seconds but do less damage
spell - blinkshot, shoot at target while blinking in a direction, say past them of side to side, bullets do more damge
spell - chameleon , if player is not moving after 2 -3 seconds they blend in to the tiles n monsters don't see then/ attack till u move or attack
special - cloneshot, summons a clone of u that shoots monster targeted in the back of the head or in critical spot for critical hit stunning them for a few seconds , clone is like a flash like bang there n gone one shot
spell- death bullet, shots that kill give back life n manna n rage , its like the warlock is stealing your soul
spell - 10 gun salute , random shots to targets around you fast but 10% chance to miss a little on the 10 shots
idk just some quick thoughts after reading up above some sounded cool to me thats all
thanks for reading
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

A class with bad catch lines! :o
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

it actually wasn't the worst post in the world ... pretty well thought out and covers a few bases, not too wordy either

a class with guns that shoot magic? :ymca:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Aion has gunslinger. Yeah, pretty cool. You can be either a slinger or mech warrior thing. Gunslinger reminds me a bit of Stephen kings dark tower.

Ah, good ole HobboCommando. He was awesome.
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

eggmceye wrote:
Stretchy wrote:Egg, you noted that Hexblades are slightly faster than their counterparts. Is this true despite their attack speed reading the same value for both weapons?
There are two aspects to weapon speed (it should be thought of as delay actually!)
i) 1st is the base Delay (in ms) of the entire weapon skillset, eg longswords or hexblades or ranged - that is fixed for entire set and can be found in dat/common.cfg
ii) then each weapon has a delay modifier that is in dat/weapons.txt : this is the number you see in your stats window: and is multiplied to each weapon to work out actual delay. What you see in the window SHOULD be the product of these two numbers, including copper matieral delay reduction - tho this is something I've never really thought about!

The longsword vs athame: they both have 2.2 delay multiplier which is what you refer to. But overall, the hexblade base delay is 275ms compared to longswords which is 275. But what I said is also a red herring: because base delay of shortswords is 240 - so indeed a stilletto actually works out to be slower than a rondel
Ranko wrote:
eggmceye wrote:Necros get 50% from summons, everyone else gets 10%
What happens if you have mixed levels? If you have both necromancer and priest skills, for example, will sword golem give you 50% of the xp? Or will necromancer summons give reduced xp? Or will they each give the xp that you'd normally get with them, i.e., necro summons give 50% xp, while the sword golem will eat 90% of your xp?
necro summons give 50% xp when you have 100% in necromancy, and that is scaled down proportionately towards the default 10% as your necromancy decreases: eg 50% necro would bring your xp bonus from 10% to 10+50*0.5=35%xp bonus
Eclips wrote:Any chance we can get a preview of what you have planned for bone crafting?
I don't have any ideas yet beyond what has been posted - will pull my finger out soon I hope!
Qwantom wrote:I noticed a bug that you might wanna look into flame blast and hail of bones can target friendlies, so, go on the other side of a wall and kill stuff, they try to find the caster, who is impossible for them to get to. i won't do it unless you deem appropriate again.
can you elaborate?
So has Krys speed been changed yet? Or will it stay at slower than a Kryss?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

??? Kryss is kryss speed ain't it.
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

I am sorry, what I meant to say is that Egg said weapon delay is based on 2 numbers, the weaponskill delay (general for all weapons of that skill) and the individual weapons modifier delay.

I did as Egg said and the following numbers in common.cfg:
weapon_delay_longswords=300 and longsword speed is 2.2; total is 660 ms delay
weapon_delay_polearms=300 and scythe speed is 2.4; total is 720 ms delay
weapon_delay_shortswords=240 and rondel is 2; total is 480 ms delay
weapon_delay_foils=240 and Kryss is 1.6; total is 384 ms delay

weapon_delay_hexblades=275
Ritualised longsword = Athame speed is 2.2; total is 605 ms delay so faster in general than unritualised (660).
Ritualised scythe = Sickle speed is 2.4; total is 660 ms delay so faster in general than unritualised (720).
Ritualised kryss = Kris speed is 1.6; total is 440 ms delay so slower in general than unritualised (384).
Ritualised Rondel = Stilletto speed is 2; total is 550 ms delay so slower in general than unritualised (440).

To be honest only necromancers that I see are Int-based vampiryc staff wearing draconians/humans.
Almost no-one uses a bone hexblade in hand for the 10% spell damage increase, because of the slower cast rate, non-vamp attribute and slower mana regen.
So I decided I wanted to make a Bloodkin hexblade wielder in NG using a 1/9/10 ratio. The result? None yet, but it doesn't look promising either.
I think hexblades are a really cool and epic addition to the game. But for people to use them, you have to give them something extra as a base to lure them. Bone items increasing hp are a great way to improve survivability but because you have to put points in 3 different stats, it kinda gets mitigated to a certain extent. (I think the reason it was added was because people had to put points in 3 stats :D)
So really great for the necromancer using spells only, not so great for the hexblader. I think because all classes are kinda OP, I want hexblades to be OP too.
My first thought on having a useful addition would be being able to dualwield hexblades, even if it's only the kris and stiletto. It would make rage gaining much easier and healing bolt all the way could be a desperate measure.
The image of the necromancer/hexblader in my mind is someone rushing in a group of enemies, casting HoB while healing himself using vampiryc hexblades. Not the I got vampiryc staff, I am immortal kind of supposedly squishy mana-user.
Tink

Post by Tink »

Yea, and a bone shield or something to help mitigate damage. Since your HP will be sorta low due to the low STR. I agree with Rumper, some upgrades to the melee necro would be cool.
mugima
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mugima »

Don't think bonecrafting goes to 100 yet, how about bone ring of regen? taking 80 enchanting and 90 bonecrafting to make?
Xile's Skull Belt 100 ENCH(some kind've thing like gold philo stone but bone?)
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Solid suit of bone armor. That might be nice. Hadn't thought of a bone shield. Reminds me sort of this one:

Yeah, bone plate boots. I couldn't find a pic for what bone sandals or bone studded cloth boots looked like.

Bone Gauntlets. I did see a pic for a bone nylon cloth gloves but it looked kind of tacky.

Are collars now considered UA? I wasn't sure but this looked nice. I'm pretty much a fan of the artits work and his sculptures.

And it took forever to find anything about bone greaves so this came up from the Liche King... go figure.

One of my favorite shields in diablo 2 and retro'd back into mods for diable 1. I obviously made alts called Skeletor just to get a full bone suit and this shield was a fav.

The Standard bone shield in diablo 2. Its ok just for bones. I've seen others and I should have googled better that were wooden frames with rings of bones around the edges and two cross bones in the center.

From predator I always thought this would make a great flail. I Just call it Spinal Tap (ah there's a band by that name too). If its cool for the predator then its cool for a necro.

some pic I found of a bone knight raising some undead or playin with them; I'm unsure.

Female and male Bone Warriors dressed in full.

A pic titled Defiler of the Moon. She's stripping down I guess.

I started to think of Masks and I've always liked them. Halloween has them, costume balls have them.... parties have them.
This was again, a diablo 2 skull helm but its more of a mask also. This is the one I always grabbed (using edit with no abilities) for my alt Skeletor in D2. He looked the part. Finding a Havoc staff with a skull ram attached never happened.

To start... Jason voorhees mask straight from hell. I suppose I could have grabbed a Michael Meyers or hockey mask but meh.

This mask is pretty cool I saw. I immediately thought of Euo's fire demons and how a glowing fire mask would rock.. or just a fire demon head.

The Splatterhouse Terror mask. I loved splatterhouse 3 the best and this might make a good artifact. And thinking of the game the red health orbs made me think of something vampyric as well for recipes.

PUNISHER is a cool concept. Good for a T-Shirt and maybe a mask. Pity most of what I put up is copyrighted but I suppose I can think of something creative from it. Only brainstorming atm.

And this mask made me thing of something else. Its Called Mask of Shadow by Michaelloh (most of the pics up here are his concepts and masks). Even if this didn't become a shadow mask I thought of plant demons. Something in a creepy assed jungle full of plant demons, vines, and evil pygmies and such is unnerving. Nobody likes getting swallowed up in the jungle... or the forest.

I've been thinking of recipes for vampire dust. I'm going to relook through this thread and do some searching first. I do think that blood and some of the other necromantic crafts could be added to create usables (1 time uses) and maybe some lesser items. The blood orb would be one for a more permanent. If we got into tinted and magical ammunition I could come up with something easy and not too cheesable.

I have to recompile my crafts lists due to my huge crash of deleting stuff in 2013. I've recovered a bit and it won't take too much time. Just some research on my part. I'm glad for once I DON'T know the ins and outs of EUO and even forgot a lot. It makes it new again.

Hope I'm not developing some old timer's disease..... probably something to do with monkies or something....
Last edited by Keighn on Tue May 10, 2016 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I was going to make a Hexblade (Necromancer) wielding Half-troll on pd. Primarily just a hexblade user and probably not going to use the spells much. I'll dual class I guess. I was going to go rogue but then I realize I'm halftroll so no full stealth (well full speed). So there's Priest or Monk. I'm thinking about monk for the seize fun. Though, now that I think about it... I really should just go full Halftroll Necro. I'll probably be mostly dex/str anyways.

EDIT----------------

Ok, I'm testing out a half-troll for dual wield purposes on a few weapons. I've put 200 on str as I pick up stuff and need hp; and 50 on int. Now its all dexterity from here until I get 2,000.

Currently I'm using Kris dual. I thought maybe they did some of that supplementary parry, riposte like Kryss; but they do not.

So we have:
weapon_delay_hexblades=275
Ritualised longsword = Athame speed is 2.2; total is 605 ms delay so faster in general than unritualised (660).
1-8 dmg Slashing (1 handed)

Ritualised scythe = Sickle speed is 2.4; total is 660 ms delay so faster in general than unritualised (720).
3-12 dmg Slashing (2 handed)

Ritualised kryss = Kris speed is 1.6; total is 440 ms delay so slower in general than unritualised (384).
1-6 dmg Piercing (1 handed)

Ritualised Rondel = Stilletto speed is 2; total is 550 ms delay so slower in general than unritualised (440).
1-7 dmg Piercing (1 handed)

All the weapons are 1-handed and cannot be dual wielded normally (unless you're a troll); except the Sickle.

They basically all get the standard "special" if you started with it or purchased it at the university. Naturally both healing bolt and black lightning work with all of them. Wtih the exception of various artifacts you can change via dark ritual and (depending on what gear you have to change). I suppose you might use some of these or use others in favor. As a fighter type necro I'm not sure.

It is a pity that some of the statistics of the original weapon didn't boost the ritualized weapon: Here's my suggestion:
Stilletto (dual wield any race)
Kris (parry, and ripose same as Kryss)
Scythe (allowed to use Beserk stance with... actually I hear priests complain about not being able to use stances as well so perhaps allow those for blessed weapons and sickles)

Athame (allow tanking stand for survivability).

Add in Wand or Rod (transferred from Staff/shillelagh or w/e) for a bludgeon weapon (works much like a staff for extra mana recovery and lowers spell cost).

The 2 specials work fine. Not sure I'll have a huge int reserve on this alt but I'll make a different necro focussed on that in time.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

OH, and cone of Acid is very nice. Hail of bones is nice but the acid really does the trick.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Another thing I'm wondering is perhaps allow necros the def bonus from all armors including heavy. I mean they craft bone heavy armor and some might think they'd use it. The small bonus of defense, health, and the natural mr heavy gives is good IMHO.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

added the necro bonecrafting page, and added the spell list to the manual
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I recall the vampire quest we had to get blood (I think). Its been a while since I've done that. So...

Bone Syringe - 48 bone crafting: 1 bones, 1 vial, 1 sewing kit : A device used to draw out blood.

For now I'd just use the vial for empty and the vial of blood already in game. Basically the syringe is used and leaves you with a vial of blood. I suppose you could make it multiple usage but ammo is vials.

Quivering Heart (either consumable or offhand with a time limit before it expires)- 75 bone crafting: 1 minotaur heart, 1 vial of blood, 1 vampire dust, 1 calcium. :The heart beats in the presence of enemies (essentially dwarf vision for a short period of time... say the same as Protection scroll if this is a held item that is consumable. If you use it and it disappears then say as a brown potion).

Toxic Draught (consumable) - 60 Bone Crafting : 1 Jar, 3 eggs, 1 Beer, 1 Brain, 1 calcium, 1 vial of blood, 1 green potion, 1 spores : A vile drink that that you can't hold in and vomit all over (basically a usable in a direction like say the wand of fire or lightning rod) It simply casts cone of acid. 1 time use. I was tempted to say it poisoned the mob as well. INH+ICH

Demon's Brew (consumable) - 75 Bone crafting: 1 Toxic Draught, 1 demon's meat, 1 vial of blood, 1 vampire dust, 3 Raw Glass : This is essentially a bomb. Upon using this thing it explodes in a rain of blood. (similar to that boss in apocalypse).

Naturally I wanted to expand the heavy set of bone gear:
Bone Gauntlets: 85 Bones x4, Leatherx1, Diseased Bandage x2
Bone Greaves: 85 Bonesx6, Skullx1, Leatherx2, Diseased Bandage x3
Bone Plate Boots: 85 Bones x4, Leatherx1, Diseased Bandage x3,
Skull Shield: 95 Bones x10, Skullsx5-7, Leatherx3, Diseased Bandagex4

Was trying to think up UA as well. As to bone tinted weapons that aren't necromancer... Well, maybe a spell that changes normal items to tinted bone. It would work only on normal tinted weapons and not anything else. I Guess you can amplify, fountain dip, and wot bone???

I also considered blood golem but golem is so over-used. Blood Dragon (using a tinted skeleton dragon) would be far better at 100%. It would take a lot of bones, skull (probably ruby skull, lots of blood x10 at least, probably more vampire dustx5, calciumx10, refined cloudy beveragex3, ... maybe use mini-artifacts to create it.. say Bone aegis, Girdle of the dead, skull of glue and gold) What's a Blood dragon do?
Probably at least as strong as an undead dragon... Vampyric in nature, has XMP, and cone of acid breath... similar HP as a fire dragon going up in levels. Change out its resistances to vamp resistance, immune like skeletons (poison, disease, etc). I'm open to other suggestions for this.

Maybe vampyric weapon is part of the construction.. like a dagger or w/e.
Putrid Brain of Defilement: (offhand artifact)
+10 Poison Resistance
Usage: cone of poison in all directions (In Nox Hur) + disease cooldown 15 seconds
Eclips wrote:
Orb of Darkness- Cancel's out any nearby light sources (People have to use NV) and enemies have to be 1 or 2 spaces closer to you to see you.

That'd be awesome for a rogue or sniper. Maybe call it
"Sphere of Shadows"
Stamps out light sources in radius
Reduces Enemy Sight by 1-2
+5 NV
Just noting stuff for thought:
Eclips
Possible Necro Arties:

Offhand:
The TellTale Heart: +Regen +MR
The Shrunken Head: + Dex +Dodge
The Fleshbound Tome: + 10% magic damage from necro spells + Vigour

Weapons:

Death's Touch (Scythe) - 7 AS and XC enchant
Baleak's Sacrificial Blade (Rondel)-7 AS Barbed
Jerusalem's Twisted Spine (Kryss) -7 AS +10 Vigour
Redbeard's Revenge (Longsword) - 7 AS + 20 Dex

1(Wowz)
Boneweave Sandals 45
Boneweave Gi (legs) 55
Boneweave Gloves 60
Boneweave Gi (torso) 70
Bone Anhk 90
Greater Bone Charm 100 (works like a bone charm but unlimited uses to feed/tame undead pets)

Bone altar & bone throne... I liked that and should design a throne... might be more 32x32 but maybe I can work a 16x16.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Hexblades... I need to reread up on the specials as I'm not sure if they are int based, dex based or level based or just a static dmg bonus (heal bolt, black lightning). I think I'll have to really test this on ALPHA... but I'm trying a Troll Hexblade wielder with dual barbed kryss VF atm. Sometimes Barbe/venomous combo. It works ok but would suck majorly without the +AS gear. Seems like a weak weapon so far.. I'll test a balanced dex/int dude eventually as I have an all int Skeletun guy as well.

I couldn't find an altar in the furniture shop. Was going to buy one if I could with gold. On bone crafting one of two options at 100%
100% - Bone Throne (aka like Skeletor) or Bone Altar - Skulls 8 Bone Carved Skulls, 2 Ruby Skulls, 1 Skull of glue and gold
, 100 bones, 6 Improved Cloudy Beverage, 10 Bone Dust, 25 Vampire Dust, 1 Clear Potion. - +15% HP bonus when a sacrifice is placed upon it (like crab meat).

Same duration. I know maybe Over the top reagent but it should be something of accomplishment. LIke Mythicing.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I know mages might hate this suggestion but hexblades are pertty weak. I'd suggest that perhaps allow hexblades to work like staves do for mages. I mean they were designed for the class and as is... I'm seeing them as being pretty weak. I think the specials should be dex or level based. I honestly don't know how fighter or rogue specials are tallied.

I think the same line for priests. I haven't tested but am wondering if their spells are affected by int or level. It makes it a tricky class. I kept wondering why my spell wielding Necro did such little spell damage until i guessed a hunch. Yeah, staff over hexblade...
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Keighn wrote:I know mages might hate this suggestion but hexblades are pertty weak. I'd suggest that perhaps allow hexblades to work like staves do for mages. I mean they were designed for the class and as is... I'm seeing them as being pretty weak. I think the specials should be dex or level based. I honestly don't know how fighter or rogue specials are tallied.

I think the same line for priests. I haven't tested but am wondering if their spells are affected by int or level. It makes it a tricky class. I kept wondering why my spell wielding Necro did such little spell damage until i guessed a hunch. Yeah, staff over hexblade...
Hexblades aren't actually that weak if people were more creative with them. If someone went multiclass fighter they could use a shield and shield bash with a hexblade equipped, staves can't do that. It's practically one of the only options for a tanky mage. Also one of the specials has the same damage as VOG, which is pretty neat.

My tanky necro idea? 100 necro, 50 fighter, 40 priest. Venomous hexblade, spiked tower shield, full glass armor. You could hail of bones, attack with venomous hexblade, shield bash to proc bleeding, cast AMT for another bleed, and then cast soul transfer. All that DoT is enough to kill just about anything 1v1.

Hexblades should give necros something to do while hail of bones is raining down. Everyone wants to go the damage route with staves instead of the more defense with hexblade + shield.
IGN: 1
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

That's one of the builds I'll probably be testing. It looks more human-centric though. I know it won't work on reg since non-humans are capped 100% (or has that changed on reg). So, NG or PD (PD for me.).

Naturally, I test the extremes (Pure Hexblader, Pure Necro-staff user), I have a Human Necro/Priest (but sadly no shield bash). I think I may even have a rogue/hexlbader. Probably some others are in my list. Maybe make a separate hexlbade thread for Tactics and approach. I'm curious on others approach to this.
BlackMage
I should probably get out more.

Post by BlackMage »

Necros are way OP imo - I can't remember exact levels but in less than a month I've gone from 300ish to over 800 using nothing but HoB and Corpse Explosion. Depending on the amount of mobs I can get around me, I've seen my DPS hit over 3k!
"All things end in judgement."