How to GM your crafts

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Re: How to GM your crafts

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Is there a reason why darkhide leather doesn't seem to be craftable?

I can apparently make venomous leather through alchemy, blackrock ingots and darkweave cloth from blackrock ore through alchemy, but not darkhide leather.

Very very weird, and annoying. Especially as its hard to find stuff now that the player economy has shrunk. :(
Last edited by LaughingCoyote on Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

OK. It took 3k nightshade to GM weaponsmithing from 80 to 100 by the method described here. 3k nightshade!
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Leather items should be 10% harder to make than than they are now, ~20% harder than equivalent cloth items... 1) this would make GMing Tailoring easier 2) makes sense that leather items is harder to make lore-wise. 3) Another option would be to put belts (leather) to 10% and push all the other items up in difficulty, since it doesn't make sense that belts would be more difficult than leather tunics.

eg:
| '''Armour''' || '''Ingredients''' || '''Min Skill %'''
| '''Belt''' || leather || align=center| 10
|-
| '''Leather Helm''' || leather || align=center| 14
|-
| '''Leather Gloves''' || leather || align=center| 17
|-
| '''Leather Boots''' || leather x2 || align=center| 21
|-
| '''Leather Armour''' || leather x4 || align=center| 25
|-
| '''Leather Leggings''' || leather x4 || align=center| 29
|-
| '''Leather Tunic''' || leather x5 || align=center| 33
|-
| '''Swamp boots''' || leather x4 || align=center| 35
|-
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

GM Tailoring - Studded leather is your friend. No need to collect tinted tailored items to deconstruct. Just need GM enchanting and some tinkering.

85-95%
Studded leather --> studded leather tunics --> wand of amplication to +2 --> decon to make tunics +2, rinse wash repeat. I think i needed about 150 amp wands to do this.
95-100%
Studded leather --> studded leather tunics --> wand of amplication to +3 --> decon to make tunics +3, rinse wash repeat to GM tailoring. Took about 200 amp wands to finish that last 5%.

Wasn't so bad... I thought I'd have to polypile thousands of mandrakes and nightshades to make blackweave items.