vampires!

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

CIAassassin
Posting from my ass computer.

Re: vampires!

Post by CIAassassin »

I'm just saying... I had heard all the "you's gunna die" and was mildly worried about it when I converted, but now I LOVE my vampire snowman! The revives suck 15dmg when you revive with 1 health :knife: , it's like lava revives; great way to train up resurrection spell or healing at later levels. did that in case the new players hadn't figured it out.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

op or up then? I'm happy to rework them and fix bugs of course
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

UP during daylight combat (no fear to hunt during daylight)
OP during revives (because of the instant dmg you get with 1HP at revive in a party)
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

I think fighters are the only ones that can tank through sun damage like that tho. And to be honest, my fighter about breaks even with sundamage/vamp during the daylight. If I was still gaining more life than I was taking I would think its a problem, but changing it for everyone seems a bit drastic.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

CIAassassin wrote:...I can clear DF in sun and use 10 mega yellows. That is as a level 200 rogue with a copper rond aep and barbed MG aep, with 800ish MR and 45def... I went plain XMP Kryss with a superior shield, and was standing still on my health against two blacks with 1200mr in the sun. None of this testing included the bloodlust, vampyric drain abilities or feel great buff to help in a fight. It was toe to toe...
Rikimaru

Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

As a lvl 200 character you may be able to get back HP about the same rate you lose it too the sun, but as your total HP rises so does the amount of damage done by the sun, so at lvl 450 (or 1000 on PD) the damage from sun will be much greater and you most likely will not be able to get back HP as fast as you lose them.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

As you level your dmg in and dmg out is going to inversely level with your stats. The life steal works like vampyric weapons, you get a % of the dmg dealt back in health. If you are running around taking 2-4 dmg from mobs, IF they hit you every time, from both melee as well as from spells, you will be able to accumulate health at any level. Regardless of how much health you have, you are going to die from sun dmg in about 40 seconds. 500 health = 15DPS, 5000 health = 150DPS.

I hear people talking about doing 200+ per swing with weapons... I'm only doing 55-60 per swing, have an average DPS of 75-90, and Ive seen a peak DPS of 400 with slice and dice. That doesn't include BS, which are around 600 and give me almost half of a health bar. From a purely DPS standpoint, regardless of any level, YOU CAN out DPS sun dmg. Hell, I'm already almost out DPS 5000 health dmg at level 200 with just my basic attacks. Ill say this again too: NONE OF THESE NUMBERS INCLUDE VAMPYRIC DRAIN, BLOODLUST, OR A FEEL GREAT.

Devils advocate:
  • sun dmg isn't UP the vamp life steal is OP. :o
Personally I think life steal should be left alone, as it is just fine in underground maps and at night and will keep the incentive to actually turn vamp. Just as it is right now there is very little disincentive to NOT be vamp.

Reasons to turn; from this players standpoint:
  • Free up two tint slots, as both weapons count for vampyric (if dual wielding)
    Ability to gain 20% damage
    Third arm to attack with vampyric drain, allowing a player to survive a losing fight with mobs a little out of their level range
    Free up an item slot for MR/Def due to +2nv, plus shadow folk passive +2nv
    Stupid fast unrestricted move speed in bat form
Rikimaru

Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

Maybe you can make it so that the vampiric drain or life steal don't work in the sun?
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

That is definitely an option.
Rikimaru

SiNeR
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by SiNeR »

well imo vampires are not SO op as you saying... i got my mage on Reg turned.. he is 75 lvl... and during day its hard to survive fighting mobs... even imps hiting for 6-7 dmg... (using adam staff) but one thing should be changed... stop dmg from sun after dusk.... seriously why vamps can be only safe during 6 in game hours?? (from midnight to dawn)
"we are elite, you are not!!"
-goblin elite
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

Does Sanct Mani work for vampire monks?
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

So far, yes.
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

SiNeR wrote:stop dmg from sun after dusk.... seriously why vamps can be only safe during 6 in game hours?? (from midnight to dawn)
Agreed vamps shouldn't take sun damage between 9 and 6
Snirf
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Snirf »

If you wield a vampy weapon while vamp do you get life steal from that as well?
SiNeR
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by SiNeR »

Snirf wrote:If you wield a vampy weapon while vamp do you get life steal from that as well?
no, and im sure it was mentioned before on this thread...
"we are elite, you are not!!"
-goblin elite
Mackey666
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Mackey666 »

Bugbo wrote:
SiNeR wrote:stop dmg from sun after dusk.... seriously why vamps can be only safe during 6 in game hours?? (from midnight to dawn)
Or at least reduced dmg during "dusk" and "dawn"
"I've got a bottle of rum, a case of code red, and two packs of smokes... Let's do some dungeon crawling." - Mackey

"Are these blue demon looking things hard?" - Kromage
Arkhan
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Arkhan »

Mackey666 wrote:
Bugbo wrote:
Or at least reduced dmg during "dusk" and "dawn"

admit it, you want them to sparkle in the sunlight.
Who the hell is General Failure, and WHY is he reading my disk!?
GoldenGanondorf
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by GoldenGanondorf »

Make Deja Vu where everyone hunts a non sunlight map
EUO the only game you can kill a Dragon while butchering his dead brother at the same time.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Sunlight
Higher damage from sunlight, but reduced hours. Maybe 10% of max hp per tick from 0900 to 2100.

Vampyric Drain
Lower damage/tick or make it last less time. Lower cool down time, as its the only way for vampires to eat at the moment.

Vamp-Related Artifacts/Consumables
-Artifacts: Sate hunger, reduce sunlight dmg?
-Consumables: Blood with different properties/buffs? Can no longer use human food?

When "L"ooking at a vampire character, following the usual description of the player, include the text "He/she is sparkling in the sunlight." (Kidding)
GoldenGanondorf
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by GoldenGanondorf »

Noticed vampires don't receive feel good from fountains. Figured instead vamps should have a chance for a feel good after they eat (vampyric drain). This might be a big much but honestly not ever getting a FG again kinda blows. Just my 2 cents
EUO the only game you can kill a Dragon while butchering his dead brother at the same time.