vampires!

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Re: vampires!

Post by Flamesoffire »

That did hurt. Alot :( But on topic, Do vampires burn through their food much faster? It seems to me i get hungry much faster then when i wasn't a vampire.
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
Flamesoffire

Post by Flamesoffire »

Been having issues with binding to kurns in underworld. Half the time still end up bound to previous town. Just lost a 1k char on pd cause of it. Not sure if its a bug or just me. Either way, Dont care. Just letting you know.

*Edit: Also, Mani didn't damage me like it should of. In fact, It didn't do anything at all. Forgot about mani hurting, And when i casted it twice and nothing happened i remembered about it supposed to be hurting you. Dont know if its just on PD. But still think it should hurt haha.
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

Yeh that happened to me couple times on reg. Was bound to Kurnisburg, logged off in dungeon, relogged into Cammerata spawn circle
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Eclips wrote:I think a big issue, for me anyway, is the level of conversion Max contributes to. He tends to be all business on the forums, which is understandable, but leaves people feeling like their input is ignored/overlooked, or people like they are wandering in the dark without a clear goal.

:cry: The problem is that so much is posted it's hard to read it all, I'm short on time - especially recently I've had nearly no spare time for the last couple of months, have my own ideas on how everything should be done, often take counter ideas personally etc, arrrgh it's a struggle
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

I think most people get that, and we all have well some of us have... Ehh a handful of us have lives outside of euo as well. I didn't mean it as an attack on you, it's just a hurdle.

As for taking counter ideas personally, all I can say is STOP! X-D LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON Honestly tho, with the diverse crowd on euo, I doubt you'll ever run into someone who has the same creative vision as you do. It's just the nature of the beast. If it helps you can just make a mental note that everyone else is retarded and talking out their ass, and when they have a good idea assume it was a fluke. Sometimes that helps me get through life in general. :mrgreen:
mud
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mud »

Maybe have a level requirement to turn vamp? It seems like vamp is going to sound a lot more attractive to a newbie, who doesn't understand the other options and downsides.

I would have thought that the quests were difficult enough to prevent this, but a bunch of the high level players will assist with quests and aren't necessarily going to be explaining in detail all of the downsides.

Maybe level 50 or 75 requirement?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I considered that originally and we hoped that the quests would be high enough to stop lowbies from converting - tho is it that big a deal?
mud
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mud »

Not sure. I talked to at least one newbie who converted, and I'm not sure he really knew what he was getting himself into. But he did at least seem to understand that it's a serious decision, so maybe not really a problem. I guess you can't really save people from themselves 100%, probably disregard.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

updates

* fixed binding reset problems to kurnisgburg
* added vampire to sizeup stats
* disabled any benefits to meditation in sunlight (if vampire)
* mobs that are bosses or immune to glassing are now immune to vamp drain
* vamps get +2 nightvision

might do the IR vis and the temp av code , but they need patch and I'm still working on menus + keybinds
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

eggmceye wrote:updates

* fixed binding reset problems to kurnisgburg
* added vampire to sizeup stats
* disabled any benefits to meditation in sunlight (if vampire)
* mobs that are bosses or immune to glassing are now immune to vamp drain
* vamps get +2 nightvision

might do the IR vis and the temp av code , but they need patch and I'm still working on menus + keybinds
All of my love. Good shit.
Eidolon

Post by Eidolon »

Sweet, thanks egg
GoldenGanondorf
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by GoldenGanondorf »

Possibly make vampyric weapons stack along with vampirism. I think that will probably be the final and only last needed update to them.
EUO the only game you can kill a Dragon while butchering his dead brother at the same time.
Eidolon

Post by Eidolon »

That would be way overpowered. Maybe give them a diff buff (or something just cool) that goes along with vampire lore. Sorry for not having an idea to post with this, would have to think abt it, but just thought I'd give my opinion on it.
Flamesoffire

Post by Flamesoffire »

Using a vamp weapon could keep a vampire fed. That'd be nifty i guess. Sounds cool in my head. Doesnt look cool written out though. Unno
GoldenGanondorf
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by GoldenGanondorf »

Just wondering if vamps shouldget like a .1 to .5. Attack speed bonus
EUO the only game you can kill a Dragon while butchering his dead brother at the same time.
Angelus
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Angelus »

AWESOME!!! :) :cool: :twisted: :mrgreen: :dance: i've been waiting FOREVER for player vampirism!

so here's some suggestions:

allow vampire npcs to become pets/companions, maybe even allow the player to turn any human npc enemy into a vampire to serve as their companion.

different ranks/levels of vampirism; when you're freshly turned(fledgling rank) you're weaker then you were before you became a vampire, but as you grow and advance you become more and more powerful(though this could possibly kill game balance).

unable to turn into a bat when outside during the daytime, and if you're a bat when you go outside during the day it's dispelled.

fire attacks should cause extra damage like silver, and silver and fire maybe causes "aggravated" damage that takes longer to heal than normal damage.

permanent bonus to attack and movement speeds.

it's been awhile since i played so i don't remember exactly how much effect NV has on your ability to see in the dark, but i'm thinking at least +3, maybe +4 permanent NV.

that's all for now, hopefully i'll have some time to get back into the game before too long.
* angelus (52) Mage/Priest
* Jeremiah (36) Rogue
* Angelus (27) Rogue
* HunterAlpha (24) Fighter

coming soon?: Warren, Monk.

Q: Why don't lesbians make good cooks?
A: The always eat out. b-ZING!
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Hey, just wanted to say the vamp quests/maps etc. are really cool. I've done most of them now, but probably won't actually join. Fun stuff...
Djanno :smoke:
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

When night-time make vampires able to fully see and make the colours grayscale simulating night-vision (like an animal)
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

(MOVED FROM BUGS THREAD ABOUT SUN DMG) Ill go ahead and say it... it's WAY under powered. I can clear DF in sun and use 10 mega yellows. That is as a level 200 rogue with a copper rond aep and barbed MG aep, with 800ish MR and 45def. All a vampire would need to do is stack MR/Def (if fighter) and it would basically negate any dmg because you would be out DPS any non-heroic mob, add that with a copper xmp weapon and you are set. I went plain XMP Kryss with a superior shield, and was standing still on my health against two blacks with 1200mr in the sun. Non of this testing included the bloodlust, vampyric drain abilities or feel great buff to help in a fight. It was toe to toe.

The only place I don't consider at my current level is Heroic Anathema, even in a group. IFH and VF hit for 300ish dmg which suuuuucks. Even then, I was more concerned about the spell dmg and not the sun dmg. Till I died :roll: then the sun dmg just made me rage.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON the sun power is UP but still made you rage X-D