vampires!

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

Re: vampires!

Post by eggmceye »

I can mod it so vampire's vamp attack doesn't work if sun is out ... Actually I never thought of fighting mobs as a way of staying alive in the sun, and ofc a dual wielder will be better off.

I'm not sure if there is anything to do ? CIA you have successfully gamed your vampire character! Should I start nerfing? hmfffff
Mackey666
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Mackey666 »

Nerf sunlight dmg hours to when the sun sets in game, instead of midnight. Really annoying seeing the sun down and still taking damage
"I've got a bottle of rum, a case of code red, and two packs of smokes... Let's do some dungeon crawling." - Mackey

"Are these blue demon looking things hard?" - Kromage
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

Can you still do the "return Fovaeax's ring" quest if you originally killed him instead of asking for it? Or are there some other requirements that I don't know about? When I ask for the ring the NPC doesn't do anything.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Bugbo wrote:Can you still do the "return Fovaeax's ring" quest if you originally killed him instead of asking for it? Or are there some other requirements that I don't know about? When I ask for the ring the NPC doesn't do anything.
THANK YOU! I've been running back and forth many times over wondering if I activated the quest correctly, or if I was missing a piece of the puzzle, but I followed it straightforward as anyone without foresight would do. Nothing hints toward ANY other path that can/should be taken. He just won't talk at all. Had several people try to assist me, but in the end they all said "He should've said something."
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Is there a prob with foveaux or not ?
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Flamesoffire »

I think its a problem with greybeard. I tried it all earlier and could do fine till i got to him. All he does is talk about that rated r joke. And it seems it's been changed since the few times i did them, Cause i remember having to go to Shoreline and trading the jester i believe your main hand item (Or next piece of equip) for the ring.
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh def found that and fixing
foveaux is ok though?
Flamesoffire

Post by Flamesoffire »

From what I've seen, Yes.
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

eggmceye wrote:Is there a prob with foveaux or not ?
If it's any help, within the past few months I've killed Foveaux more than once and then recently accepted the ring quest. NOTE: Each event happened on a different day.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

not sure if that is any help :geek:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

so one of the things that came out of the ideas thread is the whole transport thing - getting between underworld and graveyard - something I'll think about
and portable coffins! LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
probably not adding a pot of sunlight immunity
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

pot of sunlight immunity is OP, But what about a new tint or stat that may reduce damage to a minimum of 1% and tint cannot be WoT'd to prevent people from just getting that tint and putting MR + 5 on it.
Last edited by Zilverlight on Tue May 14, 2013 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

CIAassassin wrote:Clearly this one did not read the post. Sun dmg is very underpowered for FIGHTING mobs AT YOUR LEVEL. Sun dmg is a flat 3% dmg for ALL levels, 100 health = 3dps 1000 health = 30dps 10,000 = 300dps. It's simple math, if you can do MORE DMG AND GET MORE HEALTH THAN YOU LOSE, YOU OUT DPS THE SUN. Ill go through and use a single weapon and still out DPS the sun, and if that doesn't prove it Ill go through with ONLY a weapon and STILL out dps the sun.

Going into a heroic map and saying that the sun dmg is over powered is like going into CoS heroic and walking into the bally treasure room and saying that they are OP, or a level 1 going into mino halls and saying they are OP. It's a HEROIC map and has a higher level req. Any level vamp will be able to out dps the sun if they go into a map AT THEIR LEVEL. Now, a side note: if you are stupid in how you hunt then yes you will die. Hell I died 4-5 times making the video, SIMPLY because I was trying to tank 6+ dragons at once, and not focusing the right dragons; ie the greens. Even THEN the dmg of the sun was a miniscule fraction of the dmg compared to what the dragons were doing.
I just realized, you were doing your video against regular dragons right? You're level 224? 1400 MR i believe you said, so damage to you is minimal. You said to fight monsters at your level but you're fighting monsters WAY below your level.

Rurik is only level 140 and can easily clear the dragon portion of Anathema without having to use potions "except the occasional 2x2 dragon or just being stupid and run up against 8+ dragons. Tactical game play Rurik can handle 5-6 dragons max in a normal fight, non vampire with vampyric weapons and not need a potion to survive. I tested your theory about sun damage not being a factor whatsoever in hunting during the day as a vampire... I believe dragons are well within my level range atm and fighting with 2 vampyric main gauches was enough to hold my own against monsters, but as a vampire, wielding Fred's Left and Right hands, (which means casting XJ and AEP on dragons, with vampire's natural vampyric attacks. Fighting the same dragons under the same circumstances (5-6 at a time sometimes)) I found myself struggling to keep up. Used 5 times as many potions at certain points, found myself retreating several times and the only rest I found was when i fought a solo red dragon or similar where I wouldn't have to worry about high damage coming my way and I could use their high hp as a means to replenish my own.

Being that you are lv 224. I'd go so far as to challenge you to attempt the early portion of blood moor (up to the castle, maybe inside it, which should be within your range at that level) running at a normal pace of any regular player your level and tell me you're not struggling or having to use an ideal amount of potions. Also keep in mind, without having to settle for vampyric weapons, you can use better (Blackrock for more damage and more life steal, addy for the same... maybe dual keller shanks...) You're not restricted to 1 tint anymore. So your attack strength is somewhat improved, thus you should be able to move through blood moor at a faster pace.

I believe the sun damage while hunting during the day is a major contributing factor towards giving vampires a run for their money. Unless you're running around fighting monsters that deal less than 10 damage to you and have a decent amount of hp that you can leech from them, fighting normal monsters of your own level seems to be somewhat of a challenge at times. Not to say, there were a couple fights against 2 dragons or so where I was relieved to find I had actually gained back some life... but most of the time I was having to pay much closer attention to my health bar. It does give me a second thought about hunting outside during the day, but still, maybe on the days I feel brave, I can fight outside during the day and survive.

You don't want to make it a sure death if a vampire wants to hunt in the daylight. You only want to make it more difficult, and egg has done that. I don't believe sun damage needs to be changed.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Maybe vampires should poof in a puff of ash when the sun his them. Or explode like the leprechauns/inferno dragons.
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

Does garlic do anything to vampires in this game?
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Bugbo wrote:Does garlic do anything to vampires in this game?
Yes, eating garlic on Rurik did 69 damage. I don't know if that's fixed damage or some % of my health. May be 20% or something.
Holdway
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Holdway »

With regards to the debate about how much damage sunlight should do, you could make vampirism a skill. When you first turn into a vampire sunlight barely hurts, but your attacks also have a very low vampiric effect. As you make kills you slowly increase your vampire skill and gain more vampiric attacks while taking more damage to sunlight.

This way players don't just go in blind and discover that while having all attacks being vampiric may sound nice, the sunlight damage is too strong for their style of play. They can either slowly adjust to the sunlight damage and if they start thinking it's too much they can chicken out and stop raising the skill or even trim the skill. It also lets the more roleplay orientated players have a slow descent into evil with every kill slowly but surely making them simultaneously more powerful and more vulnerable.

Providing you make the skill fairly slow to advance it means players who do decide to lower their vampirism are doing so at a cost and can't simply switch between the level their mood takes them, and having a stronger vampiric attack is something earnt over time.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

Well I decided to come back and answer replys. I dunno why.
Zilverlight wrote:I'm just wondering Riki. Did you test this whole theory out with any other class? Mages? Fighters? Your words might carry more weight if you try various other experiments using different levels and classes.

Just saying, you might be able to do awesome with a lv 200+ rogue, try it with a level 25 mage (Taking into consideration, a new player lv 25 mage wouldn't have VOG and XC spells or access to mega yellows typically.) Not all players have been around for 5 years, have mains whose levels are 100+ and have mastered all the crafting skills. Need to keep in mind that some players aren't as fortunate as you in experience.
I did a respec to a level 50 fighter, and put on stat item heavy and had 16 def. I was still out dpsing the sun with no skill in the weapon fighting in Mino Halls. If I had heavy armour +def on it would have been no issue.

On the same token, the quest is geared for someone level 70ish to complete anyway. So if a level 25 is vampire, they got help to do it so the point is moot. Because if they only went to get vampire status and no spells they deserve to get their ass handed to them.

It takes about an hour to get 100 alch, and maybe 30k gp worth of reagents.
LordMortiferus wrote:Considering different classes: A rouge has fairly low hp but does a lot of damage compared to a fighter on the other hand with high hp but lower dps which probably makes it way harder to nullify the sun damge. So i would guess that the class and stats distribution besides the character level play an important roll here.
See above.
Zilverlight wrote: I just realized, you were doing your video against regular dragons right? You're level 224? 1400 MR i believe you said, so damage to you is minimal. You said to fight monsters at your level but you're fighting monsters WAY below your level.

Rurik is only level 140 and can easily clear the dragon portion of Anathema without having to use potions "except the occasional 2x2 dragon or just being stupid and run up against 8+ dragons. Tactical game play Rurik can handle 5-6 dragons max in a normal fight, non vampire with vampyric weapons and not need a potion to survive. I tested your theory about sun damage not being a factor whatsoever in hunting during the day as a vampire... I believe dragons are well within my level range atm and fighting with 2 vampyric main gauches was enough to hold my own against monsters, but as a vampire, wielding Fred's Left and Right hands, (which means casting XJ and AEP on dragons, with vampire's natural vampyric attacks. Fighting the same dragons under the same circumstances (5-6 at a time sometimes)) I found myself struggling to keep up. Used 5 times as many potions at certain points, found myself retreating several times and the only rest I found was when i fought a solo red dragon or similar where I wouldn't have to worry about high damage coming my way and I could use their high hp as a means to replenish my own.

Being that you are lv 224. I'd go so far as to challenge you to attempt the early portion of blood moor (up to the castle, maybe inside it, which should be within your range at that level) running at a normal pace of any regular player your level and tell me you're not struggling or having to use an ideal amount of potions. Also keep in mind, without having to settle for vampyric weapons, you can use better (Blackrock for more damage and more life steal, addy for the same... maybe dual keller shanks...) You're not restricted to 1 tint anymore. So your attack strength is somewhat improved, thus you should be able to move through blood moor at a faster pace.

I believe the sun damage while hunting during the day is a major contributing factor towards giving vampires a run for their money. Unless you're running around fighting monsters that deal less than 10 damage to you and have a decent amount of hp that you can leech from them, fighting normal monsters of your own level seems to be somewhat of a challenge at times. Not to say, there were a couple fights against 2 dragons or so where I was relieved to find I had actually gained back some life... but most of the time I was having to pay much closer attention to my health bar. It does give me a second thought about hunting outside during the day, but still, maybe on the days I feel brave, I can fight outside during the day and survive.

You don't want to make it a sure death if a vampire wants to hunt in the daylight. You only want to make it more difficult, and egg has done that. I don't believe sun damage needs to be changed.
I only have 1070 MR, Maeondir Dragons are on my level, Heroic hit for full dmg, and BM is possible to the blood lands using a regular amount of potions. Low level Blood mobs hit for full dmg, both melee as well as magic.

I made the point of saying that when I would try and tank 5+ dragons I would have a net loss, if I took on two at a time I would have a net gain.

I am using dual copper ronds, one AEP the other +8. Stacking double vampyric, doesnt do double vampyric.

Yes, I do feel that being in the sun should = death for a vampire. Not instant, but you should not be able to sustain yourself in the sun.

With this video of my BM Run I am truely done with vampire sun damage.. I went through the entrance of BM. Bloods are out of my range, not by level but by gear. Which is something that you need to take into account. Which no one seems to be doing. Just because you are level 450 does not mean you will do well against a Blood, if you have no gear on. I should clarify, when I say "at my level" Im referring to gear level as well as technical level. Bloods hit me for 100dmg if not more. Just because I can kill them, does not mean that I should grind there.

I guess that should be another clarification then: vampire sun dmg is UP when doing EFFECTIVE GRINDING. In which I mean you maximize your XP/s by going somewhere you can kill fast enough, get decent xp for the time, and take little to no dmg. In this case, regular Ana for me. It could be minos, or DF, or where ever you can do an effective grind. BM, for me, is not an effective grind.

All further questions, comments, or general misunderstanding can refer to my youtube channel where I have sufficiently shown all positions and answered all questions and possible comebacks mentioned or to be mentioned.
xShawtyx wrote:....At your level you can take Heroic dragons, if you're not being stupid and luring right.
Being able to kill a heroic, and effectively grinding a heroic map are two totally different things. Just because the xp potential is better, does not mean you are getting better xp/s. If it takes you 10 mintues to clear a heroic room, where you could clear the same room regular in 30 seconds and then the next 5, you will end up with better grind sessions. Not everyone is an item hoarder, so the potential of better drops don't appeal to them. I know which maps I have better xp/s and I stick to them. Any player worth their salt, especially now with the auxbox to monitor that aspect, should agree to that. If I want items, Ill go and get items. If I want to level I know exactly where to go that I can solo grind and get better xp than in a 5 man party.

Like I said earlier, saying sun damage is OP because you are dying in a heroic map, with 99% for the the dmg coming from the mob, is like saying the Balron treasure room in CoS is OP because there are 8 of them in one room. Get more MR, or dont try and grind there. If you decide you just have to grind there, then don't bitch about a miniscule fraction of dmg that happens to be last hitting you.
eggmceye wrote:I can mod it so vampire's vamp attack doesn't work if sun is out ... Actually I never thought of fighting mobs as a way of staying alive in the sun, and ofc a dual wielder will be better off.

I'm not sure if there is anything to do ? CIA you have successfully gamed your vampire character! Should I start nerfing? hmfffff
As of right now I do not want to see sun dmg stopping vamp life steal because there are very few decent party maps that are sunless. After more get implemented, yea I could go for that solution.

Im not entirely sure what gamed means. If by that you mean Ive negated all desired negatives, then yes I did.

Don't nerf, Ill just work on more underground maps.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Did someone post a leveling guide per class in the Guides section? I really don't care to monitor my xp/s or /m or /h or /d to tell the truth and would much rather someone else do the grunt work and give me a hint. (vamp or non-vamp)
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Haha dropping a pile of ash instead of a corpse would be awesome. Got my vote