[KOTR]Knights of the Realm

EUO clan threads go here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

[KOTR]Knights of the Realm

Post by Keighn »

While weeding the field I had a novel idea for a clan and group. The premise is the main class is predominantly fighter (50%+) while the rest is what ever you want to be. A clan of 5 newb alts who start and log in at the same time (thanks to teitch and shit). The idea is about the search of the lost King/Lord Eggleton and our quest to find him. Use whatever blog tech or forum to log info from your side. Be creative if you want or short like "logged in... we knocked out newb dungeon."

The song that popped up in my head was:

(I'll re-edit the lyrics like i do when making posts to fit Euotopia about the monks of the ?? Monastery finding carved stone runes placed deep below telling of Lord Eggleton locked in his tomb on the Isle of Nevaland(sounded like lawn for land omitting the 2nd neva as its vauge if that is where he is much less how to get there.--- and no we don't know of pd weekly ladder).

General rules:
1. Must be 50% fighter compared to other classes so if you versatility up to 200% and want a 100% mage then the rest should be 100% fighter. I'm not sure how to handle versatility. Seems like we should quest there but i can understand if people want the % so a quick alt change to get their level is no biggie (consider they prayed or meditated for divine abilities or w/e)

2. The group must all be present to journey on. No single player stuff as this is a group effort.

3. No wasting time training. We get that in the battle field. Play this like time is counting down on the apocalypse.

4. No crafting except what we find while journeying on down time (ie... player one has to take a leak and we have crap on us so we craft if we got the tools on us (res scrolls will be in high demand, and bandages). The exception is when we port to town. We can give the group say 5 minutes to make whatever but then its back into the dungeon.

5. We clear dungeons! We don't grind them over and over again. The exception is quests (though that's pretty easy via a tp instead of reclearing. Or we can nix all quests and just clear for that high adventure and see how far we can get on no grinding, no quests, no training as in spell spamming, blocking etc). The quest is to find Lord Eggleton (though we don't know we can't make it to nevanevaland).

Not sure i missed anything. I'm flexible. If you don't like the fighter idea and want traditional party of choice i'm fine. But starting class should be the doninant.

Will it happen? Dunno, playerbase is thin. I'll link this via twitch. This is just an idea to play euo as a tined rpg and see what maps we can clear and not look back as a party.

=======================================
The premise:
Thantos keep has long been cursed. Rumors have it that it is patrolled by the dead but the virtues still lie deeply within the souls of the fallen in need to be released to their final resting place. A few knights had had fled during the madness and tried to uphold what was left of their sanity. The even fewer that maintained their hold on order and the virtues taught others of them. We are the last few that remain. The land is in a flux and the Lord and King is presumed missing or dead. The priests of Anthran Monestary recently found a rune stone preserved in a lead case with cryptic writing. From what could be deciphered Lord Eggleton is dead or missing or imprisoned; locked in a crypt of ....NevaLand. No one has heard of this land and it seems odd to find this runed tablet now. By one of the many couriers that were sent out we received notice of this and decided it was time we take back the abandoned lands that continually are being invaded in absence or rulership.

We arrive not in New Sosaria nor Tanelorne but some island. Newbis? Anubis? Newbies Isle? Odd name.
Last edited by Keighn on Fri May 03, 2019 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: [KOTR]Knights of the Realm

Post by Keighn »

Current Roster: All TBA Classes:
Keighn -- Luttherion the monk/sage
Goemon -- Playing TBA
MageofRage -- Playing TBA
Legaia -- Playing TBA
1 Open spot --- TBA

Dungeons Cleared:
None atm

Dungeon In-Progress:
None atm
Last edited by Keighn on Thu May 16, 2019 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZUPS!!!!
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

I would play a Necro, but I'd lag you all.
I will play a ranger, you can call me.. dingle.
MoR
BBQ ABC <3

Post by MoR »

Pretty pumped for this campaign :rebel:
Mr.Crowley
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Mr.Crowley »

I'll start an alt for this! When are you in game next?
You will find the strength
To beat the Deamons and the Balrons
Conquer evil and slay the werewolves
Balance the peace in
Eggs ultima online....

-Ruki- His tribute song
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I'm always in game but generally times are 8 pm pacific time and 11 pm eastern for the USA. I'm flexible and we communicate by discord. I'm hoping to set up some facebook, twitter, and other stuff. My alt will be: (with abridged bio since only 1,000 charcters)

Luttherion the sage and seer
Long has Thantos keep been shrouded in a mystery and disappearance in the Lands of Euotopia. I am one of the survivors for the days of old. As a young scribe I lived amongst the knights tending to the libraries. Born with the ability to see visions of the near future it was one of these that alerted me to the downfall of Thantos Keep. During the night of the purge and treachery I fled with a few others to distant lands never to look back until now; when a stranger approached with news of the missing King, the invasion of the humanoids, and deeper evils.

I took a ship of passage to hopefully Olde Port but a storm welled up destroying the ship. We saw a whirlpool... ALL WAS DARK!
Notes: The stranger wore the coat of arms of the knights of Thantos. Apparently, some had escaped the massacre from within. My name was found in one of the many parchments I was to be organizing. It would seem some of the humanoids had become brave enough to loot the keep. For unknown reasons they fled as those found were horribly wounded with bite marks, claw marks and festering wounds that wouldn't heal. Old log reports from the shipyards recorded my passage from a few decades ago to the small lands in this refuge. We had remained hidden in these mountainous holes for a long time and the village was quite small. Barely a spec in the great ocean it was far out of jurisdiction of the Lords of New Sosaria or Tanelorne much less King Eggleton (if that is what he was considering very few ever saw the king).

The "knight" that approached showed this evidence and I had to wonder why bother after so many years. Well, without the Knights of Thantos the humanoids of the mountains have swelled. Strange vortexes have appeared to other realms manifesting strange events and the flow of beasts now run rampant. Many of the old mercenaries have taken their loot and become isolated or left the lands. I asked of the Knight of Tanelorne, surely they and Lord Byron were still around. Indeed, the Lords are still around but the Knights have mysteriously vanished completely. Seismic activity had increased and even the various merchant guilds have disappeared.

I inquired on what was I supposed to do about this. I'm an old monk with little in the experience of these matter other than the daily lore of Thantos keep. My home village in the mountain region had long been destroyed by the humanoids and I really felt no good will towards them anyways. Perhaps the knights were correct in their diligence to erase them from the area. I don't know why the knights fell and I don't know why the King would be missing or why the Lords do little about this. A few others looked on interest. The Knight said he was trying to recruit as many as he could in attempts to find Eggleton perhaps bring some order to the lands but no one knows where he is. Rumors say someone must know and that someone is....

And suddenly the knight clutched at his heart and fell over dead. Some one doesn't want us to know and that has certainly piqued my interest. I gathered what little gear I had and prepared to set sail to New Sosaria. ................................

During our trip the seas became rough and a storm brewed so fiercely it ignited the sky like some ancient thunder god. Out of the depths of the sea arose a monstrous beast and tentacles battered our ship tearing through it like it was old paper. The captain shouted "THE KRAKEN!" Little more he could say as a massive tentacle slammed down upon him and the wheel splitting that section of the ship into driftwood. In a matter of minutes the entire ship was torn apart and the beast submerged into the depths. A massive whirl pool was left in its wake dragging everyone down into the depts. We held our breath for as long as we could but all became dark.... and I passed out.
"THE VISIONS OF A NIGHTMARE"

*Lyrics

Deep inside I’m burning, she’s flying with me,
Fly, fly to the dark horizon of my dreams,
The army of light is fighting together,
Fight, fight for the astral kingdom to the end.

My claws are tearing, my tusks are crashing,
The flames embraced the skies.
And there are no swords, that could force the huge scales of my armor.
I spit with sulfur, my fire is everywhere,
I know, that’s the gift from the stars.
Now we are the six, the guardians of peace and the only Dragonlords!

Beware, my brave Dragonlord of the Yearnig Star!!
We can win, but the glory is so far!!
We have to fight for all astral planes and the dream is your domain.

Even in the far skies, I will cover you,
Even in your dark dreams, when you fight in, my magic be with you.
Even in the far land, I will cover you,
By the drawings on our hands, my magic be with you.

Two secrets in two hearts, one fire and one blood,
Two drawings on two hands, one reason for the fight.
One dream began the war, against the Shadow Lord,
One dream will end the gore and take the evil horde.
She’s singing to the stars, her voice rise many spells,
She’s speaking to the moon, her magic be with you,
Two secrets in two hearts, one fire and one blood,
Two drawings on two hands, one reason for the fight.

I got the power for repress my infinite hate, behind his eyes,
Under a white dragon shape.
My mental forces belong to an dream’s astral plane,
But my claws and flames have the real name!!

We are beyond the space, beyond the time.
Where the dreams still meet a reality.
We are beyond the light, beyond the dark,
Where the space-time continuum has its end.

Dark shadows are fading and falling to abyss,
I know, the Black Lord rules them all.
And nothing is lost, as long as we gain an air supremacy.
The victory is coming! I feel it in my heart!
We’re back to reconquer my land.
Now we are the six, the guardians of peace and the only Dragonlords!!

Fall into your darkest dreams,
Into your darkest nightmare find this god,
Which screams inside your mind!
And when you’ll stand with him eye to eye,
Calm the heart and leave your rage behind!!

I got the power for repress my infinite hate, behind his eyes,
Under a white dragon shape.
My mental forces belong to an dream’s astral plane,
But my claws and flames have the real name!!

With every transcedental while, my astral dragons die!!
Here nobody can help you!!
My priestess calls a magic spell, the army flies ahead!!
Ars magica ignis aeterni!!

We are beyond the space, beyond the time.
Where the space-time continuum and the wonder of life has its end.

I was the witness of your birth and death…
…and strictly speaking I was the reason of both!!
You will never escape from your destiny and that what you were.
Come my son, stop to dream and face the cruel reality!!

How could we grow stronger to ease endless grief,
How could we still wonder, we’re asking what if…

Beyond the space, beyond the time we are flying away,
Where the dreams still meet reality.
We’re asking how could we grow stronger to ease endless grief.

We are guardians of all astral planes,
We are ighting to the end of all days.
Fight forever, even the sun is gone.
Might moonlight will not leave you alone!! Fight forever!!

With every transcedental while, my astral dragons die!!
Here nobody can help you!!
My priestess calls a magic spell, the army flies ahead!!
Ars magica ignis aeterni!!

Beyond the space, we beyond the time,
We are beyond the light and the dark.

We are beyond the space, beyond the time we are flying away,
Where the space-time continuum and the wonder of life has its end.

Surprisingly I was alive as were a few of the passengers. Very little of our gear survived but what we have will do for now until we can get properly equipped. I've been leaning toward learning the art of the Paladins of Thantos and I still have one of the ancient books of lore on the knights. While very water logged and ratty I will be able to read it in time. It would seem we awoke on some sort of summoning circle. It seems odd we would even be alive much less here. Be it magic or fate were are alive and we will continue our quest to reach Nordhaven if is still stands.