private clan forums - help keep me up to date

EUO clan threads go here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Devlin
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

private clan forums - help keep me up to date

Post by Devlin »

You're not telling me anything. I need to know who is in what clan, whether or not they're active and most important of all who is moving about clans.

If you don't help me keep the clan forum up to date, then I can't keep it tidy and the whole thing goes to shit.
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Re: private clan forums - help keep me up to date

Post by DrRude »

I dunno about the other clans but SPT's member list is current. It's working out great for us, so much in fact I was wondering how often it gets backed up and if there's a phpBB3 plugin that allows for backing up individual forum groups? What else would you need help with keeping up to date?
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

DrRude wrote:I dunno about the other clans but SPT's member list is current. It's working out great for us, so much in fact I was wondering how often it gets backed up and if there's a phpBB3 plugin that allows for backing up individual forum groups? What else would you need help with keeping up to date?
Backups are done frequently server-end, but I also do snapshot updates every week.

the only issue is really I need somewhere where I can keep track of clan memberships and recent clan activity (who left what clan for where, who joined up <X> clan) and no-one seems to have informed me even though I mention it a few times to keep me informed about memberships etc etc
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

Devlin wrote:
DrRude wrote:I dunno about the other clans but SPT's member list is current. It's working out great for us, so much in fact I was wondering how often it gets backed up and if there's a phpBB3 plugin that allows for backing up individual forum groups? What else would you need help with keeping up to date?
Backups are done frequently server-end, but I also do snapshot updates every week.

the only issue is really I need somewhere where I can keep track of clan memberships and recent clan activity (who left what clan for where, who joined up <X> clan) and no-one seems to have informed me even though I mention it a few times to keep me informed about memberships etc etc
Wouldn't a big chunk of that responsibility fall on the Clan leaders themselves with adding and removing players from their groups?
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

If a clan dies out though, I still have to remove their forum section, and the associated group.