Fighting for abandoned clan halls - next event Aug 21

EUO clan threads go here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

Fighting for abandoned clan halls - next event Aug 21

Post by eggmceye »

NEXT FIGHT: around 8pm Friday (21st) night, server time: that's 20:00 EDT - be ready for it
LOCATION: old SPAM HALL - this is the hall that is up for grabs
smapevent.gif
Here's how it works:

RULES
- there are 3 strategic animals that must be 'captured' and held for 30 mins total - they are rat, bat and horse (changed from cow and rabbit due to drops during the trial)
- to capture an animal you must kill it - it will immediately respawn and be owned by your clan - the animals have high HP so killing them takes a little time
- another clan can come and kill your animal at anytime and they will control it, so you have to defend your animals
- you get 1 pt per second for controlling 1 animal, 2 pts per second for controlling 2, and 5 points per second for controlling all 3 animals
- when you clan has 1500 points then the event is over and the hall is yours

More details
- players not in a clan can participate in killing but they can't capture points - they can reset them however to unnamed animals
- clans with halls can play too -so it is possible a clan with a hall will win a new hall - but as I won't allow a clan to have two halls, they will have to nominate some other clan to get the hall - unless they want the new hall to move into, in which case their old hall becomes available to fight over
- the captured hall may be able to be revamped/redecorated to some extent

Rule changes from last time (if anyone remembers)
- you get points for controlling any animal, but you get more pts for controlling more animals
- scores will be continuously displayed - when you score hits 1500 you win
- dead players are invisible
- animals cannot be charmed
- animals have 100hp and 10000mr (magic immunity) and very high defense - so they take a while to kill
- blink is disabled
- healing is allowed
- arena rules apply
- ctf rules apply - no pets, summoning, portals, recall - whatever applies in ctf

current clan halls as of July 1 2009
BoN (50) (safe from eviction)
KoS (91)
SPT (48)
WoWz (49)
IAG (187)
BoB (150)
SOD (159)
MMNS (181)
MIB (194)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bk
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bk »

:cool:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

How will this effect clan chall chests?

Are clans based on account activity or character activity. I've seen all my members on this last month and yet my clan has dropped into the shitter for ratings.
ZUPS!!!!
kusofthevalley
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by kusofthevalley »

Keighn wrote:How will this effect clan chall chests?

Are clans based on account activity or character activity. I've seen all my members on this last month and yet my clan has dropped into the shitter for ratings.
Unique accounts * average character level / average inactivity

Your clan is low ranked because of all your low level alts :)
Ugrog, EleganceBlade, Zelephereth, Polyphemus, Richard, LordHighgate, Quentin, Valley, ad infinitum
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

If only I had a better connection to play more. I hate my computer freezing or rebooting or getting dc'd. Am I the only dialup player on euo? Am I the only one having these problems. I would have easily had all my alts up to 30 by now....
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Re: KoT hall up for grabs, but you will have to fight for it

Post by eggmceye »

here's how it will work:

Sometime Friday night American time or whenever I remember I will get on and start the game. KOT hall will be marked as an arena and clans will have to capture and hold all 3 strategic points for 10 consecutive minutes. The clan that wins nominates who gets the hall. If no one gives a shit then I will nominate who gets it.

I will run this sorta thing every month, around 3rd weekend of the month (while 2x xp is 1st weekend).

If europeans can't hack the time then complain about it here if you are serious about winning the hall, otherwise join BoN :o
kusofthevalley
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by kusofthevalley »

eggmceye wrote:If europeans can't hack the time then complain about it here if you are serious about winning the hall, otherwise join BoN :o
After the pub, stayed up until 05.15 GMT, (20.15 - 00.15 across the states?) which seemed realistic for Americans to play. Then gave up. All the sensible American's are still in the pub I suppose. And sensible Australians (2.15pm?) have hangovers.
Ugrog, EleganceBlade, Zelephereth, Polyphemus, Richard, LordHighgate, Quentin, Valley, ad infinitum
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I guess only SPT wanted the hall. It was inevitable that they'd win since no one else showed up. Kibjr and my alt Gargamel did the best we could to not make it a walkthrough but eventually kib quit. With my crappy computer/connection logging out and being by myself there just was no way. I did learn a few tricks but if this is how turn outs are going to be I don't see anyone else winning. Grats to SPT I suppose. I do get hotheaded in the heat of battle so excuse my rather uncouth language after the event.
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yes congrats for sticking around!

The hall will stay on as a battle ground in the meantime until I get around to setting it up as a proper clan hall again.

Post any comments & criticisms on the whole event since I'll be running it again in about a month.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

The only comments I could make are few:

Ghosts of the dead are a pain in the ass. A large enough clan could easily use their dead to block the way to any of the 3 targets. Pity you can't walk through ghosts.

Charm turns the cow, bunny, horse blue so no one can attack it. Charm lasts so long that a minute can easily tick away.

Town portals on the battlefield make it easy for the enemy to jump off and on the battlemap. With multiple people in a clan it is only a matter of multiple TPs set up and the different members stepping through their buddies portal to escape.

All interesting tactics, but a large enough clan (especially diverse with enough mages) could probably sweep the event each time.
ZUPS!!!!
kibman
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by kibman »

I had to leave due to me having drill in the morning LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON XD. I do have one criticism, not about the event though it worked flawlessly. the ghosts blocking animals is the only thing that made it unfair, not to sound like im whining. Was a good fight though, aside from all the dirty tactics
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

dirty tactics X-D
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

egg wrote:dirty tactics X-D
I figure we might as well live up to our name as pirates when we must :smoke:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I'd like a full report on all dirty tactics used so I can decide whether to make them available for next time.
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

We blocked players with ghosts, that was admittedly the cheapest tactic. And we also charmed the animals once we had them claimed so that no one could attack them. Though, even with only Gargamel opposing us, Rusty and I agree that if we hadn't pulled some such tactics that fight would have been hours and hours longer. It would have simply come down to who could stay awake longest.
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

Perhaps an auto-res could eliminate the ghost problem, although it could be an interesting tactical element if the number of ghosts was limited.
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

In the front of of every halls should be merchant that "sells" hall keys for quild members...
Keys and lock should have new cut after every "hall grab"... Old hall keys should become useless after "hall grab".
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

The way I understand it is only the current owner and crew can access clanhalls via any key cut. Others from other clans can't access the have even if they had the same keycut as the current clan. Its pretty bullet proof. Same goes for chests, if any.
ZUPS!!!!
poply
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by poply »

i think if people could blink(IP) in the arena halls and had free cyan potions then the ghost wall tactic might be fun, or/and the automatic res would be cool too

ps
people can lead the animals away from there respawn places and hide them

:LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON:
:cow:
^
|
|
|_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ :?
spoiled
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON!!
Very nice diagram :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON: