The Stygian Pirate Trade

EUO clan threads go here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

khellendros
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by khellendros »

L1ndaP wrote:It's a great story, but....you shouldn't be giving a complete walkthrough on how to get to the new continent. This is a spoiler for the ones that is trying to find it on their own.
Ah, I did not think of that at the time. I will take that into consideration next time.
Paru
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

sorry for missing sunday :(

Post by Paru »

Sorry I had to quit early sunday, for those that noticed I was on sunday for alittle awhile. I quit early mostly due to health, I'm mostly use to dealing with whatever happens but this weekend i had my neck and about half my back sunburned. to make matters worse the last time i went to use thre bathroom i had a small fever and was dizzy. as well some extra bad lag to deal with(hitting spacebar once made me space like 40 times, going from hungry to getting hit with starving twice) I just figured I'd throw in the towel. A rare 10 hour sleep helped just about everything aside from a still minor sunburn.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

sunstroke sucks
Alloutte1
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Just at school!

Post by Alloutte1 »

LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON just felt like posting, im at school and its like wow they didnt block this site woooot LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Post by Chedich »

Alloutte1 wrote:LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON just felt like posting, im at school and its like wow they didnt block this site woooot LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
That's strange, swut.net is famous for being blocked at schools... :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON:
poply
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

forget to post vimris

Post by poply »

vimris: level:36 class: mage(dont get mad MrSamson)
stats: intelligence: 186 dexterity: 31 strength: 67

battle skills:
piety 89.6%
sorcery 89.6%
magery 69.6

other skills are not even worth typing...
spoiled
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

Hullo pirates!! I just got done moving and I am all set up in my new place. And by all set up I mean I just got my internet connected :mrgreen: So! See you all in game!

Hey vimly! You can edit your main post that you made before and add your alt vimris to that post if you'd like! That's also how you update the info you have on your character.
ion

Post by ion »

Rious
Level 50. 130 str, 31 dex, 213 int
Combat skills:
Sorcery/Magery/Piety - 100
Unarmed - 22
Crafting skills:
Mining - 76
Inscription - 76
Weaponsmith - 50

Kyprious
Lvl 57. 201 str, 170 dex, 38 int.
Combat skills.
Longswords - 100
Axes - 95
Block - 80
Crafting skills.
Fishing - 100
Mining - 90
Inscription - 88
Weaponsmith -60
Woodcrafting - 62
Tinkering - 63

Kyp
Lvl 41. 106 str, 189 dex, 25 int.
Combat skills.
Shortswords - 85
Foils - 80
Ranged - 75
Crafting skills:
Inscription - 33
Fishing - 92

Currently Seeking - nothing at the moment

PD -
ion - lvl 575 (rogue/fighter)
yes - lvl 156 (fighter/rogue)
soup - lvl 207 (mage/fighter)

Play PD and I will help anybody out, i have accumulated a lot of crap.
Can someone buy me a res stone?
Winner
How do I attack?

Post by Winner »

I am writing right now. Plus, it's a very busy schoolweek for me.

And hey. Heeey. I don't like being bloody.

(This post will be edited when / if I finish this thing. Maybe. I might just post again. Edit: Woo monday!)
Last edited by Winner on Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisCooper
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by ChrisCooper »

I GOT A LUCARIO!!!!
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
Vatara
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Hey pirates!

Post by Vatara »

Both me and nura are just stopping in to say hi and hope we have internet up again soon. I am at a public library and we miss you all!! Keep up the good work kell for our shops. Also Toadie I dont agree on the lvl up or get stranded rule because as you get higher in lvls it takes ALOT longer to gain lvls so that may be something you want to take into consideration. Either way love you all and see you again soon....i hope. :rebel:
Its Not Weather You Win Or Lose Its How You Play The Game!
khellendros

Post by khellendros »

Ok so I planned to have the contest done by this Saturday but unfortunately I will not be on that day since my girlfriend is having her baby shower which is going to be a family picnic. So the deadline for everyone's stories will be this Monday.
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

Aliza wrote:as you get higher in lvls it takes ALOT longer to gain lvls
I've considered that. As a pirate none of the "rules" I make are without exception. No worries.
Khell wrote:the deadline for everyone's stories will be this Monday.
Sweet. I was worrying about how long I had :P Have fun at the shower!
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

(Disclaimer: My characters have too much str for a normal build. Unfortunately the new HP shrine was only recently put in where as my str has been stuck there for a while.

eclips
Level: 135
Str:196
Int: 576+136
Dex:100
Skills of Use
Magery/Piety/Sorcery: 100
Item Lore: 100
Alchemy 80.4
Enchanting: 41.5

Silence
Level:44
Str:127
Dex:186+33
Int:25
Skills of Use
Fishing: 98
Cartography: 72.1
Locks: 61
Traps: 55
Tinkering: 25.8
Weaponsmithing: 25.5
Woodcrafting: 25.1

Fury
Level:44
Str:162
Dex:169
Int:37
Skills of Use
Not really any...
Last edited by Eclips on Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

I know it's a little late, but I want to give a big welcome to eclips.
He's joining us and taking the title of Tempest. This means he will be the number one authority on magic amongst pirates. All mages should look to him first for help. This is a position I have been trying to find just the right player to fill for some time now. He has much experience in EUO, and was the former leader of the all mage clan, the Mystic Mages of New Sosaria. He was exactly who I was hoping would fill the position of Tempest.

Glad to have you eclips.
Hope to see you around and at events!
Winner
How do I attack?

Post by Winner »

I got very lazy towards the end, and it's not as good as I could make it. Also, I've never written in this tone before, which probably makes me stupid for trying to win a contest using something I have no practice with. And I don't like serious writing. This had way too few punchlines for my taste.

EDIT: AW MAN, IT KILLED MY PARAGRAPHS!

I strolled the mean streets of Nordhaven after dark. A rather cold wind blew across my garb. No, life wasn’t too good in this part of town. The crime rates were high, and anyone was likely to stab you in the back. When that happened though, they called Winner, Private eye. I always get my man, and this night I was working on the case of a man named Crest. An associate of mine. Friendly fellow. Awful sneaky, though, and quick to sift through someone’s pockets.
He was killed, so they say, by a crocodile. A passing adventurer happened to want some new boots, and rumor has it Crest’s corpse tumbled right out of that thing. Whoever killed him wanted me to think it was an accident, but no. I’m no cop. I see what they don’t, and that was that his muscles were completely seized up. Easy enough scenario to puzzle out: He robbed the wrong traveler or saw something that could never be known. He got paralyzed and then he got fed to a happy green reptile. Who would ever know, if not for Winner, private eye?
I knew the local scum well, but there was one in particular I was searching for. A beggar by the name of Eyeless Ed. He wasn’t really blind. And he had eyes everywhere. One of his goons was sure to know who offed Crest if he didn’t do it himself. So I found my way to the lowlife’s hideout.
Eyeless Ed was a short man. Very thin, wore ragged clothes. Had a bandage on his eyes. They say that it was just for show, but rumor has it his bandage was see-through or enchanted to give him perfect vision. The rat saw or heard me coming, that’s for sure. I approached and said, “Hey Ed. I’m looking for a man. He killed Crest.”
The walking skeleton wheezed out a laugh, “Murder? Detective, now I’m just a blind old beggar. I don’t have anything to give. At least not for free.”
I grumbled and tossed him some cash.
“It’s an accident,” He pocketed my gold and laughed. He laughed the nasty kind of laugh where spittle flies everywhere. I wiped my face and tossed him some more gold.
“Now you’re talking my language. One of mine saw ‘im bounce toward the swamps. Tied up. His mouth was open. He untied himself and hopped right in. My man says it was the strangest thing he ever saw. And they never found the ropes.”
I left. Ten minutes into my case and I was “already without any leads.” It was time to ask my employer, a man named Pen, for a pay raise if he wanted to see some better work out of me. I went into one of the Nord slums and rapped on his door. Winner, Private Eye, robber of the poor. That’s me. It didn’t matter much. I was a private eye.
The meeting went well. And by well, I mean pretty badly. Pen decided he was going to tag along and see how bad my leads were. I told him about Ed’s report, and that it was probably one of his men. Or so I’d guess, if he laughed when he said it. But he was completely serious. Besides, provided with enough coins, he’d rat out anyone.
I had planned to slack the rest of the day, but with Pen tailing me, I had to make some actual deduction. So we tracked down Ed’s informer, a man by the name of Charlie. I wrote down that the entire gang seemed to lack appropriate names. I already knew that, but it would look like I was taking notes to Pen. Appearance is everything for a private eye. Besides detective skills, I mean.
The man knew nothing. I grilled him pretty hard. He answered them all, even the one about his mother. This guy knew what he was doing, so I had to throw him something that would make him stumble. I asked him that other question about his mother. He left.
I was convinced they were all innocent. Certain of it. When I’m on a case with no leads, I take a walk. Sometimes, walking helps the facts fall into place. This time, it gave me a chance to paralyze Pen and make my way to the alligators. Crest’s mouth was indeed open when I fed my green friends. My invisible hand was covering it. And he did, indeed, bounce towards the gators. It’s not my fault he’s so heavy, is it? I grabbed Pen’s wallet before I tossed him into the swamp. Hey, he owed me for the detective work. Did it matter that everyone who hired me turned up dead eventually? The guards couldn’t connect a thing, and hey, I didn’t do this enough to warrant an investigation. It looked like whoever killed Crest offed Pen so I would end my investigation. I was going to get away, but I had to get rid of one Charlie first. He's hiding around here somewhere...
ChrisCooper
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by ChrisCooper »

I STILL GOT A LUCARIO
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
khellendros

Post by khellendros »

Well It is kind of hard to run a contest when only 1 person posts their story. Since it seems to be too much for some people to write a short story in a week, the judging will be held next week. Monday.
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

Woot! Thanks Khell! I swear I just couldn't come up with anything...
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

The Shadow of Mutiny

The silhouette of torn sails shows through the rain as lightning strikes the tumultuous sea. The pirate ship known as The Sinistar goes down. Dark demonic figures of shadow can be spotted in the night sky. The perilous reefs of Dagger Isle tear the ship apart. Further away a massive creature hunched over on a hastily made raft is tossed about in the stormy waters. His eyes are wide and filled with terror. What had befallen what was once his loyal crew was dark and horrible.

--------------------

Ever since they had raided the dungeon called "Wrong" there was a growing discomfort on the ship. The treasure hadn't been much and the men were growing restless. It started with seemingly harmless scuffles. These were already fairly common to find on The Sinistar, or indeed any other pirate ship for that matter. But the fun was going out of it, and the small issues started to mean more, and things got too serious too quickly, and growingly too often. Soon distention broke out and groups began to form. The whole ship seemed to be turning on itself, and the crew was divided and spiteful.

Who was the captain throughout all this you ask? A huge and intimidating man, this captain was. Not a man at all really but a beastly version of an orc. Gruesome to look at, yes, but all in all a decent man. He carried out his job as a captain with almost an irreverent nonchalance. His men were his friends. True, he was one of the scarier ones on The Sinistar, and he had lackeys who threw people he found to be jackasses to the sharks, those were really the only things that made him any different than any other pirate.

When this sudden and acute case of hatred and ugliness amidst his crew broke out, the captain knew there must have been some dark curse at work. Try as he may he simply could not break up the tension amidst the ranks. His men were simply not themselves. They acted as though they barely recognized him. He had no control. The Sinistar's navigator, though, was a nasty old devil by the name of Sin'vraal and he kept the ship on course for Dagger Isle where their secret treasure cave used to be located. He was the only one who seemed to be unaffected by the apparent curse that had locked itself to the ship. The Captain went to him and asked him about the predicament since he still had a semblance of normalcy.

"I am not a religious man." Sin'vrall replied, "but there are those who live in the cities who teach of the virtues, and many of them believe in higher spirits. Some good. Some evil. This plague that has befallen the men, we shant say for sure what it is, but it may very well be the work of invisible forces."
"Higher spirits? Invisible forces?" grumbled the captain, "I'm not religious either..."

The Captain, was however a member of a dark and secret sect who worshiped the God of Thieves. He had taken this practice from his sinister ancestor, a villainous white orc known for thievery. He attributed his success as a pirate to that god, and would often in secret steal in honor of and as an offering to him.

The night that the Captain had spoken with Sin'vraal, he decided to try and contact this obscure and mysterious being he had so long given his loyalty. He hated magic but he went through all the dusty old writings that the ancient society of thieves had compiled about their god. He set up the right candles. He muttered all the incantations of summoning he could read. And soon there before him stood a dark and menacing hooded figure. The darkness he emanated seemed darker than even the shadows from which he emerged. As he appeared everything but the darkness seemed to vanish. Only the haunting swirl of candlelight remained amidst the black.

"Really pathetic watching you try and do magic, you know?" he said in a sickeningly dark and chilling voice.
"I'm sorry if I did it wrong, my lord." the captain relied, "I am seeking the one who I've for so long - "
"Yes I know who you seek." the shadowy figure interrupted. "You just don't know why but your men all seem to hate eachother all of a sudden, and you seek out your god of thieves to ask his guidance in your dark hour, am I correct?" he asked with a deeply amused and hateful snicker.
"Yes my lord."
"SHUT UP!" the spirit hissed. "I am a lord, but I am not your God of Thieves. I am hate personified. The one you seek is Faulinei. He is my brother. We are both Shadow Lords."
"You've done this to The Sinistar haven't you!?" the captain shouted. His eyes began to glare, and he reached for his mace. The Shadow Lord simply laughed as the captain swung the giant metal weapon right through his ghostly body as if he was not even there. The laugh was cold and the very sound of it was nauseating.

Continued below