Clan halls

EUO clan threads go here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

Clan halls

Post by eggmceye »

Considering clan halls always need reviewing before they get put in, as they are usually poorly made, and since they don't really add anything to the game except clutter up the continent map, maybe these new clans should donate something to get their hall reviewed and in game.

Donation ideas:
* x amount of gold - which I will immediately destroy just to help with the economy (ie keeping gold valuable)
* x amount of items (just to get rid of them, as above)
* x amount of dollars
* x hours of community service
* something else

any ideas?
jumpstart
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by jumpstart »

I don't know if I should post in this, but how much gold would it take to get my hall reviewed? Even though I feel like I was the inspiration of this thread. :(
As for ideas...... Level trimming could be one.
~Mario
Raiden
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Post by Raiden »

I do agree they clutter up the map, but if you do plan on implementing more halls, perhaps make them more interactive so they aren't so useless? Just a thought. I like the item/gold donation ideas though.
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

I'd say put up a strict rule saying "No new clans may have clan halls." So many people are making new clans, I've seen about 4 or 5 large clans already and surely they will want a clan hall. Eventually, you'll have clan halls everywhere on the map and it'll just be annoying. Maybe implementing a limited players within clan thing, like 20 or something proving that it is a major clan and worthy of recognition. As for donation, make the items worth something, if that wasn't already the plan, so they're not just tossing away flasks and potions and pointless things. Large amount of gold donation. RL money is a good one. Could also include things like several members must have bought avatars or houses or such things that are for sale. But I'm still against having new clans able to construct new halls to be placed on the map.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I've had an idea floating in my head about a map similar to Chester Hill except it simply has entryways to these newer clanhalls. This way only a single Entry Icon is on the main map and anyone entering this "Clan City" will know that their clan hall is in there.

I had another idea about a battleground that I'm sure I posted before but that is completely different. Essentially it is an arena map that allows anyone to build 'tile' squares and remove them. Sort of like a playground for Clan Wars to take place to either gain/lose ground. Being Arena means members don't have to be pvp to participate.
ZUPS!!!!
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

Interesting... I too have ideas... but mines about pets in the arena being able to fight another player's pets. Would give another reason people could tame and it would make arena battles more interesting.

I like the idea for the clan halls within a single city. Have it like a tower with portals that lead to each clan hall... very nice. Solves my problem with having too many halls on the continent. Nice input.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Hopefully it only includes new up and coming guilds and not preexisting ones. I rather like where my guild hall is as I set it there for a backplot of sorts to a city that seems to have either sank beneath the waves or under a landslide (probably due to me building my own hall).
ZUPS!!!!
Skullybones
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Skullybones »

Everyone in this thread is offtopic.
Grodst
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Grodst »

How about the ultimate sacrifice? At least a lvl 150 character PERM sacrifice? That should make sure it's a sincere attempt to create a lasting guild.
Making Enchants the right way: one noob after another tossed into the lava.
kusofthevalley
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by kusofthevalley »

Paying real cash for a guild hall would seem to me to be a good way to do it. Not just pennies either. Something like $50 would show an actual commitment, refund Egg for time he has to take to deal with it, and above all, you'd need someone of relatively mature age involved to pay it.
Ugrog, EleganceBlade, Zelephereth, Polyphemus, Richard, LordHighgate, Quentin, Valley, ad infinitum
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Grodst wrote:How about the ultimate sacrifice? At least a lvl 150 character PERM sacrifice? That should make sure it's a sincere attempt to create a lasting guild.
yeh man now we're talking
IAmBatMan
Here for the lesbians.

Post by IAmBatMan »

And their right arm and theyre first born son, but you have to make them sign a waiver stating if they havent had children in 15 year, everything they own belongs to you and that you get all their stuff in the event of an untimely demise.
Lenocium est non facile.
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

Now that's overkill.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I guess having a hub map that connects all the halls is doable but not very believable - at least it fixes continent clutter.

Maybe the 8 existing halls should be given to the most active clans on a month by month (or qtr by qtr) basis ...
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

Month by month might cause too much trouble for you, and for people maintaining the clan's containers.
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

Call me greedy, but I do not ever want to share my hall with anyone. It just feels unnatural. There's always a solution though, how about not make anymore clan halls? At least don't worry about it until there's a large and lasting clan worthy of it.
Grodst

Post by Grodst »

I do see some benefit from a new clan based arena. But do we have enough interest numbers wise to justify a capture the flag type of place? Just think of the huge investment of time to code such a place?
IAmBatMan
Here for the lesbians.

Post by IAmBatMan »

Art wrote:I do see some benefit from a new clan based arena. But do we have enough interest numbers wise to justify a capture the flag type of place? Just think of the huge investment of time to code such a place?
We had enough trouble getting enough people to make a game wide tourney worth having
Lenocium est non facile.
Pythian
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Pythian »

I personally think, if the person took enough time, made a decent, imaginative, original, and creative map, then it should be used...

The likely hood of a map like that being made, very slim, but if you can do it, feel free :)
profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=475
www.methosk.com
A Personal Home Site Built From Scratch.
Grodst

Post by Grodst »

Pythian wrote:I personally think, if the person took enough time, made a decent, imaginative, original, and creative map, then it should be used...

The likely hood of a map like that being made, very slim, but if you can do it, feel free :)
Just lock Cat up in a room for a couple months, such a map will happen. She'd probably appreciate the relief from her day to day travails.