e.jpg

MORE CRAFTING
deleteme.jpg

MORE POWERUPS
asdf.jpg

MORE AVATARS
buzof.jpg

MORE IS MORE MOTHERFSDFDSSFUCKERS~!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Bugs Thread - 2020 edition

Post by Keighn »

I've been suggesting blood extractor usage to get blood if you had vials for a long time. Great for player vamps and vamp pets imho and maybe some other crafting. Snorting Vampire dust would be a great high.
ZUPS!!!!
Celerion
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Re: Ideas thread 2021

Post by Celerion »

Some ideas:

- When I killed Drumheller in the library recently, I thought, it would be funny to get a message like:
"Don't make so much noise! This is a library!", you hear Stanwell saying.
Not sure, if it should be Stanwell or Nestor.

- A "greater soultrap" tome for pets would be nice. Maybe the woman in the pub in Sandy Valley could just give you one. Or it could be a quest or something.
Celerion

Post by Celerion »

- "Shadow dust" could make invisible much longer and let you do certain things invisible like working on chests (like "hiding"). Maybe it could make invisible for 2 minutes or so. As it is now, I don't think, many people use shadow dust at all - as it's limited to shadow horn and uses up a shard. Which should be rewarded in a way, I think.
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

Celerion wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:41 pm - A "greater soultrap" tome for pets would be nice. Maybe the woman in the pub in Sandy Valley could just give you one. Or it could be a quest or something.
quests for unique / soulbound pet tomes sounds like a great buff to pets, I support this idea. I think someone suggested something similar somewhere.
I believe someone suggested beasts of burden in some form as well. If it would be possible to use pet spell slots for "perk" type benefits, that could also be a great improvement. Maybe your pet can give an AoE like a bard spell that raises your load capacity? This could also be a way to give some pets a heal of some sort? Necro pets feel a tiny bit lackluster. What if undead pets could learn a more narrow, but higher damage spells with this quest reward tome idea? Skeledragons with HoB? soul transfer rather than a heal?
Celerion

Post by Celerion »

Balmung wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:48 amMaybe your pet can give an AoE like a bard spell that raises your load capacity?
Makes me think of my pet (dragon) playing an instrument:

https://fineartamerica.com/featured/the ... lgate.html

:)
Devlin
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Devlin »

I was having some thoughts about questing and I thought it might be cool much like how monks have the ironfist guys showing up to have a "grandmaster quest" for each major class-type that offers a new perk that's active when you're at 100% of that skill
(i.e. rogue, bard, priest, fighter, mage et al)

Just having thoughts here, so i'm not demanding any changes, just some things I think might be cool (maybe tweaked for better balance)

Mostly my thoughts were related to the Bard class as it's only got a few skills associated with it - like, meet a shady figure (grim reaper, daemon sprite?) at a crossroads on a full moon for the whole night, so it's actually tolerable to reasonably meet and talk to*, and get a quest to go out and claim a soul of import for him because hell if you're selling your own soul to the devil-coded guy!
*maybe at the crossroads west of minos?

The reward would be an extra bard song that combines the effects of the bard auras maybe? It'd have to be expensive to use - as well as require absolutely 100% skill, like initial cost being 24 mana, then additional 3-9 mana drain a minute to keep it balanced, but for that cost you get maybe health regen, 50MR, 10% damage for it. should have a cool name too, like "Song of the Gods" or "March of the Great Hero" or something equally fancy.
My other thought was adding a couple extra songs for the bard too, like maybe an extra aura, and "combat song/electrifying riff" maybe a weak vog type spell that would be useful in party/group combat > bringing longer-ranged enemies in so a tank-stanced fighter could then pull the aggro with a battle roar and tank the hits while the party lays the beatdown on the freshly aggro'd enemies.

My other thought was a new bard aura that gives regen, like 1-3hp/sec at 7th circle, balanced with a buff to the existing party heal to make it justifiable to use over the aura in a pinch.
Lifeisaparty
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Lifeisaparty »

Vampires having a slightly easier access to some form of sun protection, at the moment (as I know it, correct me if I'm wrong) it's only the one holiday item or very rare rng.
A quest or the like for an item called something along the lines of "heavy umbrella" "heavy parasol" or something that offers sun protection at the cost of both hands, and counts as a non-weapon equip. It would at least let vampires get from point A to point B without having to move only during the night or during the day scarfing down hundreds of fish.
Or a spell for vampires that offers sun protection at the cost of a major stat reduction while active, or damage, or move speed or remove vampiric drain effect or remove mana regen or all of the above plus more I'm not thinking of atm.

Again, an npc offering a quest for these I feel would fit very well. Can even limit off to higher level vampires by needing to kill a blood lord or something.

Being forced to wait to hunt until night falls is a big enough downside that I feel vampires shouldn't also be negatively affected by needing to wander only in the night too (which can still be actively avoided already with wonderous fish with little to no downside but carry weight).
NPC vampires already actively walk in the sunlight, the spell being a major stat reduction+ would be a fun way to explain that; they're powerful vampires but have the spell on them at all times and/or went feral because they didn't cast it correctly or something.

With these suggestions, finding rng sun protection or obtaining a parasol is still something to be very excited about but you're not stuck afking in a hole waiting for the day to end otherwise, you can afk where you want to hunt instead. And yes, I know you can town portal at your destination as day begins. This allows for easier afk in that situation, no more making sure your portal stays up and/or the area doesn't reset on you while you do nothing but wait.
These suggestions also only make it easier to get around during the day, even allowing vampires to use their homes in the day, they don't remove the major downside of a vampire being much weaker or outright useless in sunlight, though I may be missing something somewhere.

Something to think about at least. Thanks for reading. Thanks for considering if you did. Have a nice day.
I'm not very social.
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

I was thinking about maybe having undead instances (similar to bloody) that would act as if some sort of death fog blew over a dungeon and turned everything inside. It would be nice to have silver weapons be more useful as (as far as i know) undead creatures generally aren't used for many high end areas. It could also fit the apoc aesthetic if you choose to go that route.

Image Undead minotaur for reference (perhaps undead Minotaur Halls)
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
†WARMAGE†
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by †WARMAGE† »

Task based skill requiring very little new content.

This is a grab from several games but I find it to be one of the things I enjoy that keeps the level grind interesting. An npc not much different than the daily boss requiring you to kill a number of monsters for skill gain and rewards. As far as rewards go maybe a mixture of soul bound quality of life items to be purchased with the skills rewarded currency. For example someone with skill level 0-20 may be required to kill 100-500 trolls gaining not only their loot from boss kills and xp they would have trained for otherwise but a slim chance at obtaining coins of some variety or since there are a ton of different coins already a ticket perhaps. After a certain amount of grinding and ticket hoarding you can purchase a potential 3rd tier pet health and pet intelligence booster. As mid or high tier. Maybe a pet tome of heal other as high tier. Just a random idea as far as rewards but main point is something to keep the grinding interesting while also scaling with your level.

Now for the real idea having been on PD for a long time I thought regular server was just sooo hard to grind skills on and it turns out I’m just impatient and it’s pretty easy to gm just about any skill even on an LOTL character in a very short time. Make this new skill actually scale to a persons level. Meaning if your in the 90 skill range for let’s call it “Hunter” you’ll be getting assignments for someone in the level 250 or even 400 depending how far this will scale and if that’s possible.

Potential issues party hunting, class based monsters- I thought that giving rewards for pets and using pets creatively could solve this issue. Pets are disregarded after a certain point and potentially with good reason but scaling them a bit further could prove useful and fun. If nothing else it’s also a reason to buy a few stable’s for addy coins to swap pets
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

that's a neat idea, war! What if rather than a skill that core idea was applied to a class?

Ranger as a class, or some class that utilizes ranged a bit more interestingly than rogue is something that people have wanted for a while.

What if Ranger was a class that progressed in a similar way to war's idea. Rather than gain x skill and talking to a npc, Ranger progressed by being given tasks, rewarded in some currency.(hunter's marks, or something idk) Skills/abilities, unique pet tomes, and minor artifacts (think necro's unique bonecraft items) would be available to purchase with said marks. would be very interesting if there were a static number of points available to each ranger to earn, but more things available than they can buy. It would be impossible for a ranger to have everything in said shop, forcing each ranger to be different and unique. (until a good ranger build is discovered and a few players copy it or something) Maybe this idea doesn't need to be unique to one class and can offer ways to develop existing classes even further?

25 dex / 75 str ratio

weapons work similarly to hexblades - use a huntsman's ritual on a bow or axe to turn them into a [cool adjective] weapon
(or maybe just move ranged completely over to this class?)

some ideas for abilities and skills:

eyes on the prize! - cast to mark one enemy. the marked enemy receives +X% more damage from the caster (X scales to class % like bone, up to 2 or 4% extra dmg?)

pet tactics - a skill that buffs pets! they deal more damage, get damage reduction! something super simple, but the only way to progress this skill is by spending points, like the skill trainers in the uni.

traps - a small collection of skills, like bard's song buffs or monk's aspects. 4 or 5 spells you cast on a tile to drop a trap, when walked on something happens. (various debuffs, small amount of damage, so on)

camouflage - when cast the user is invisible until they move or attack. if they attack while stationary hide is active, it deals x3 dmg (minor backstab for rangers) give a longer cool down like phase shift, maybe a minute or two.

ranger's pursuit - stance that ignores movement penalties from floor tiles

harvester - stance that causes extra body parts to drop when a monster is killed (would it be possible to use the polypile table here? produce a body part by rolling on a table or something?)

I tried to keep it pretty simple. I think the more simplistic an idea is, the more likely it is to get added or look appealing. This class idea makes pretty good use of existing things and reuses them to make something pretty unique.
Last edited by Balmung on Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
†WARMAGE†
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by †WARMAGE† »

Sounds really interesting could be a lot of fun. And honestly anything that buff’s pets a bit further sounds good. I’m currently making a new reg character and have dumped almost all my early levels into versatility so I’ve been in a stage of grinding relying solely on my pet dragon and clones so it’s been fun using a new strategy
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Find house slash command for those who forget where their houses are.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Roopert
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Roopert »

I will forever pitch the idea of the magic axe from Ultima 5. One handed throwing axe that returns... No more carrying ammo!
SpekkoF

Post by SpekkoF »

Can't be arsed to search but:

Reverse (buy) merchants.

Merchants that you can give gold to and set to buy stuff from others.

Newbs would have a new income source and oldies would have a new gold sink. Would give the EUO economy a well deserved kick in the bum.

Also please make disarm less annoying, preferably by the affected person re-equipping the arm automatically after the disarm effect ends..
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

UI Tweaks:
Ability to switch out characters ingame in an inn.

Now get this:
Each alt can have their own tileset, music, sound fx, and I would say the old skins but they don't work with the new interface. I'm talking about the old bg.pcx, bg_c.pcx, bg_t.pcx etc. I'd toss a screenie up but I don't have one at hand.

Did anyone ever try to make new borders and backgrounds fir the current screens.

I've also talked about more music. Maybe one could customize
1 towns (each one different)
2 shops (different music different shops)
3 dungeons (again different sounds for just wandering)
4 combat and engagement (perhaps randomized tunes each time you start up combat). Afterwards it goes back to the regions default tune.
5. Different continent/region music

Sfx
Windy mountains, gentle surf by oceans/lakes, babbling brooks, desert, swuishy swamp walking, etc etc.

Ability to swap out/toggle euo 3D to 2D on the fly without rebooting (to be fair i haven't been on in over a year so I am outdated on what is in play).

Hell, evrn if a lot of it was blank or current default but we had the ability to mod in our favorite sounds/music in the extended scenarios its be cool (and probably annoying to implement).

Just random shit i thought of again when running.

Oh.. more death sfx or custom ones for different mobs.
Different attack sounds for a few different weapons.
Clubs & fists shouldn't clang.

Criticals have a different sound fx

Dead corpses you can step on (non butcherable mobs).
Critical deaths when movs get overkill damage. The higher the damage the more gibs.

And depending on weapon type used different givs or effect. Bladed chopping of limbs/head/or ginsu chunks.
Bashing splattering and pancaking splat
Explosions or guns like brutal doom chunkified.
Freezing shatter like sub zero
Etc etc

Burning mobs running around.
Rebound lightning off of certain solid objects

ZUPS!!!!
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Hand Crossbows that are one handed, like slings but aren't lame. A bard using a hand crossbow is way cooler than a sling :cool:
IGN: 1
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

A QoL item:

Make a setting or hotkey which uses the direction your character is facing as the direction needed for directional spells.

Something like insta-cast or quick casting.

Will channeling ever be somethign implented or is the gameplay too fast for stupid channel skills?
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

The lower your HP the lower visibility your screen has, or your screen gets tinted more and more red!
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Pretty please with sugar on top, can IMJ/VIMJ have a status symbol to show when it is active on mobs?
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D