Ideas thread 2021

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Ideas thread 2021

Post by Keighn »

It is nice that staves are classless for the rare alt that just doesn't like class skills.

For mage/monks the aspect of snake doesn't poison enemies via spells. I believe other aspects work normally. It'd be cool if that worked.

I noticed nothing special on the z status when casting cone of acid. Mobs didn't appear any weaker. Maybe if flies surrounded them as well that'd be cool.

When will mobs get to wield a weapon?

Sure armor and stuff for humanoids too i guess. Lots of gear around.
ZUPS!!!!
Thane
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Thane »

AHA I remembered my password!.. assuming i didnt make a new forum account under the name Dwarfurious years ago... oh well.

Would it be tooooo crazy if Dwarves ignored movement penalty when wearing heavy MITHRIL armor?

Also since pets have gotten upgrades uh... Mithril Golem when?... With a ranged lightning attack o. o their are some ranged focused pets right?
Would stand out from other golems
May your beard be ever soaked in ale rather than vomit
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Well there are those crossbow golems. Musket Attachments & later musket FLAM grav explosions. Any ol mob can have lightning. But a missile launching mithril golem mechwarrior.... mmmmm delicious.
ZUPS!!!!
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Remove the restrictions on some class abilities like throat strike, mirror images, etc for multiclass purposes
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

Azalynn wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:53 pm Remove the restrictions on some class abilities like throat strike, mirror images, etc for multiclass purposes
play ng
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Balmung wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:42 am
Azalynn wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:53 pm Remove the restrictions on some class abilities like throat strike, mirror images, etc for multiclass purposes
play ng
I’m perfectly happy with the current class cap of PD, I am saying requiring an unarmed weapon to throat strike for example isnt exactly helping if you want to dual class with a rogue because you can’t use the ability with foils or shortswords. Seeing that it isn’t a 90% special ability I don’t see much of an issue it becoming a non weapon specific ability.

I don’t think you should be able to cleave with a staff as a mage if you wish to dual class as them, that seems to go too far.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Put the same restrictions on berserker stance as there is on tanking stance, just be holding a weapon that fighters or priests can use. This gives sword and board a bit more power and gives half trolls a stance to run with!
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

Priest could use a tiny bit of a bone. Their spell book is mostly just inscription and a few spells they stole from mage.
I think the class is strong mostly from it's ratio, it's fighter that trades block for the best parts of inscription and heals.
here are some spell ideas to fill in the gaps and make them feel more unique.

Divinity:
- circle 1 Bless Water:
green potions grant the ability to poison enemies with your weapons, like a pseudo veno tint on top of whatever you're using. bless water would turn a clear potion into holy water. Consuming a holy water would provide a temporary damage bonus against undead like a temporary silver tint similar to how green potions function. This makes gaining early levels a bit more easier, since casting bless weapon on a blessed mace doesn't return it to a normal mace like hexblades, and also provides a little utility and flavor.

-circle 8 Sacrifice:
deals 90% of the caster's max HP as damage to the caster, bleeds the caster, some large cooldown.
Sacrifice would be a mesh of an AoE heal, turn undead, and a buff.
in a 5x5 area around the caster, undead enemies are turned, any party members get a full heal and a -10% dmg reduction buff for 1 minute.

Piety:
-move improved fortitude to a lower circle. AFAIK it's just a castable GHS. Nice little QoL spell, no need to write/afk GHS scrolls. Not sure if it's a great payoff for 100% priest. maybe circle 6?

-circle 5 aoe heal:
heals the same amount as mani or xen mani to friendly npcs / party members in a 5x5 area around the caster or target or something. This lets parties without a tank survive a bit easier. spamming tab to cycle thru targets to heal people in need is a pain in the ass, sometimes too slow, and kinda eye straining at times.

-circle 8 Benediction:
-10% damage reduction on a target for 60 seconds, can't be cast on self (like death ward). makes for a nice buff for bosses but too much of a pain in the ass to upkeep during a normal hunting party, unless you spam it on your tank which seems like a valid support role. This feels a bit more in the spirit of divinity but you can only have so many riffs on heals.

still left some gaps because I didn't have any other solid ideas. If you hate the idea of benediction/10% dmg reduction but like the idea of sacrifice, maybe give a greater fortification buff(+150 hp) instead? I guess sacrifice and benediction could swap schools as well.
maybe throw protection into piety since divinity spells are easier to design?

spitball idea while typing this out:

let R be the % of hp healed from regen
blood lust stance: deals R*5 damage to the user per second (or whatever timer regen goes off of), +20% dmg bonus (or some big juicy AS bump)
scales to regen so someone can't stack a regen belt on a troll and ignore most of the draw back

maybe vampyric weapons/vampires outpace the draw back if used on a troll with regen gear?? paying hp for more damage is a fun risk/reward mechanic, would be neat to see it explored a tiny bit in euo
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Holy might spell similar to mage dex spell but for str instead.

Kind of wish such spells had a bit more bonus than just +100.

Cap those babies at +500 or +1k. Mage/rogues. Fighter/priests or priest anything would swoon over so much str
ZUPS!!!!
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Make the belt of regeneration recipe give you a scroll instead so you can put regeneration on any belt instead of having a plain one! You currently have to use wands to tint belts of regen even tho you can make the base.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Sumter »

Azalynn wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:11 am Make the belt of regeneration recipe give you a scroll instead so you can put regeneration on any belt instead of having a plain one! You currently have to use wands to tint belts of regen even tho you can make the base.
Yes please. It's a pain if you want a bone belt of regen.
[Reg] Buck
[PD] Sumter(formerly Javier)/DukeSease/Sease
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Tinted sigil drops or construction/purchasing.
ZUPS!!!!
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Azalynn wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:11 am Make the belt of regeneration recipe give you a scroll instead so you can put regeneration on any belt instead of having a plain one! You currently have to use wands to tint belts of regen even tho you can make the base.
Atleast make mithril bones of regen a thing, for dwarves, cant match gear while wearing one
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Boots of Blinding speed.

Kind of a gag object and discussed before. Since no huge plus how about:

Negates heavy armor/med/light walking bonus
Negates terrain walk penalty
Speed is equal to horse

No you can't walk on mountains, through walls or over water (though the flash... running over water LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON).
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Sumter wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:51 am
Yes please. It's a pain if you want a bone belt of regen.
you guys sound like you're entitled to the perfect regen belt of any tint, rather than the crafted plain one being an item you might have to weigh up as to whether or not you want to make & wear it
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Azalynn wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:04 am Put the same restrictions on berserker stance as there is on tanking stance, just be holding a weapon that fighters or priests can use. This gives sword and board a bit more power and gives half trolls a stance to run with!
I a had a quick look and they use the same restrictions - so something else might be preventing you from doing whatver it is
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I guess I'll cram an end of year one since I've been sparse on euo most of the year:

Was talking with fellow players and testing disease. I don't know how cone of acid affects mobs

7 Cone of Acid ICH Clone of IFH, but inflicts disease on all targets, reduces victims MR and Def by 25% ...

I guess that is working fine.

Any chance that zombie/mummy/zombie dragon pets/summons can do that?

Maybe bone weapons could inflict disease like this also.

Add the buzzing flies to diseased mobs.

Seems disease on random artifacts isn't working so that might need fixing. Until I can confirm, I won't post as a bug. The visual cues are extremely helpful.

Would live a frozen effect (basically slow & aep but that ice yeti monk effect look until mob thaws.

Monk fire chance to burn like the flaming skull for so many rounds. Hell a burning effect period would be cool.

Visual cue of corpse mob blood everywhere with corpse explosion. Blood slowly disapates.

Scale monk aspect damage like enchants. Correct me if I'm wrong but do the asoects also increase your resistance to said element? I know some mobs resist the element for reduced damage. It just seems a high level monk would inflict higher aspect damage.

I think I mentioned the idea of shadowmeld having an invisibility where you could attack during the meld. And not be detected until it ends. Cool down is long isn't it?

Speed up half troll delay time a little. (And i like its innate regen tbh).

Was hoping to see your avian class eventually. Any ideas on its abilities. I suppose flying. Maybe it is quite fast as casting spells so less delay between spells. Dunno.

Tinted bullets hopefully.

Enchanted ammo?

More extra enchants for randoms
Bone/blood/glass storm
Flam grav explosion
Cone spells
I think XC is a spell for weapons.

Socketing?

Weapons for pets? (Maybe they're mutants in the case of some)
Armor?

Priests holy might spell similar to the dex spell. Make it level based I know the ex uus gives only a max of 100. Well, something like 3 points per level or something,

Change Ex uus into a rogue ability or bard song. Similar mechanic like 3 points per level

Change mages into an int ability 3 points a level (100 points on any of those is pretty low. Raise it up to 300 or 500 or even 1k.

Raise lighter load spell a bit. 500 or 600 max.

Summons: Let summons last longer or until they die instead of short duration. Create a dismissal spell for each class that has summons.

Wizards summons need a little more scaling power for their lesser summons.

Dragons should get a little tougher
Demons perhaps can get as high as Balrons
The priest golems need a little more power or life.

Swimming/driwning graphics

Swimming skill
Mountaineering skill as right now everyone is a novice and its a crapshoot

Different ores can trigger tinted zorns

Dwarves can see colored tints

Hired mercs?

Inn to hire your alts into a party (active player can be swapped the rest run around like pets/summons i guess. Also used to swap out alts without going to main menu.

Dunno... can't think of anything i haven't mentioned before (like most of those).

Cheers and Happy New Year as the old year closes up.
ZUPS!!!!
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

Add muskets to the drop pool.
Fixed artifact musket Apocalyptic Hellfire IFH +20 dex.
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Onyxt wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:47 am Add muskets to the drop pool.
Fixed artifact musket Apocalyptic Hellfire IFH +20 dex.
Oh hell yeah, buckshot, or FG, grenade launcher! :twisted:
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Is therea reason why pet golems dont thunderclap like they do in the wild? Can we make that happen?
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL