Jobs In EUO - Apprenticeships

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Jobs In EUO - Apprenticeships

Post by Keighn »

I was looking at skills and how they're a pain in the arse at time. Now we have almost unlimited time on euo for afkness or near that. What if we had Apprenticeships to crafters in town. Basically these would net some skills but at a much slower rate. We agree to craft items based on the skill we have at the time. The boss pays us a certain amount per game hour or ingame minute (from what I've seen 1 minute ingame is 1 second our time while 1 ingame time is like 1 imute our time or something like that).

Crafter offers 1% per item made in gp.
Skill goes up 10% of normal rate (ie. very slow).

Tailors
Alchemists
Tinkerers
Weaponsmiths
Armorers
Cooks

Thank you old Magic Candle days on the C64.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Re: Jobs In EUO - Apprenticeships

Post by Bugbo »

Maybe I'll whip up a map for an "Artisan's Hall" where player's could go to learn or practice their crafting skills.
treos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by treos »

apprenticeships... artisan's hall...

well, that gives me a fairly obvious and commonplace idea or one this could lead to >.>

professions, the current various crafting skills could have trainers in certain locations that sell the recipes in "tiers" in accordance with skill titles. not sure how well that'd work out on servers like pd where pretty much anything you see in reg/NG can be gained in a fraction of the time but by utilizing the idea of a artisan's hall you could have trainers for each skill sell recipes only available for each tier for gold and likewise have merchants available to sell materials (i'll leave you guys to squabble over pricing and whatnot LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON) needed for crafting...well maybe all but the rarest/hardest to obtain mats (can't have everything for sale after all). and possibly have some merchants that actually buy more than freaking +/leech/vamp/venom weapons, armor, and accessories. >.<

currently you have merchants in nord/izumi/montor east (these are my usual selling points) who buy melee weapons. unarmed weapons/(light/medium)armor (cloth and leather) in nord and mon ferrato. metal armor in montor east. and ranged weapons in mon ferrato.

why must all the merchant who actually buy stuff be spread all over the place and only buy those specific item types from you? heck, just make the provisioner (general store) take all the crap no one else wants but maybe at a much lower price.

i'm sure that complaint has been raised before
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I think my original idea was sort of an afk thing where you apprenticeship to a merchant and over time gain some skills and get paid some gold. He also keeps you fed. Skill progression is probably lower than actually training yourself or perhaps it depends on the merchant training. I was more in the thinking of Magic Candle but it has been ages since I played that game.
treos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by treos »

oh, never played magic candle before... was that before windows XP or 95/98 or one of the older consoles i hardly ever bother with in emulation? (pre-nes)
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

All the way to c64 if you really want to know. There may be a dos version.
treos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by treos »

uh...no wonder i never heard of it then, its ancient if its that old.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Ancient?

Post by Keighn »

ANCIENT SPIRITS OF PAST GAMES.....
TRANSFORM THIS TRANSIENT.....
INTO....
HOBO..... THE EVER GAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!

RRRRREEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOAAAWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!