Upgrading Items

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Upgrading Items

Post by Keighn »

I decided to make this thread in hopes that maybe it will clear the clutter in the Updates thread (sorry mods if you decide to move those posts here - tis a pain perhaps or I can just copy/paste).

Many like the ideas of crystal coins being used to increase:
AS on regular items, Enchants, Leeching, Artifacts perhaps up to the limit of +9
Def on regular items, artifacts up to the limit of +7
Stats we're kind of struggling with but at the least +35 (although many would prefer higher)
Nightvision (seems like they drop enough IMHO.
Maybe something else.
on lolpatrol

Re: Upgrading Items

Post by 1 »

Keighn wrote:I decided to make this thread in hopes that maybe it will clear the clutter in the Updates thread (sorry mods if you decide to move those posts here - tis a pain perhaps or I can just copy/paste).

Many like the ideas of crystal coins being used to increase:
AS on regular items, Enchants, Leeching, Artifacts perhaps up to the limit of +9
Def on regular items, artifacts up to the limit of +7
Stats we're kind of struggling with but at the least +35 (although many would prefer higher)
Nightvision (seems like they drop enough IMHO.
Maybe something else.
I like the idea of using crystal coins to buy more upgrade wands. I think +35 or +36 stat is the highest that drops right now, so that's a fair cap.

Slightly off topic: I will probably spend $0.50 a day to get a greater wand of petrification so I can do the daily hunt easily. If there are other people doing this as well, it would be a good pseudo subscription model for EUO. Let's see the crystal coin market get expanded.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

That's what I was thinking when I mentioned the pay on the other thread. Greater WOPs would probably be bought. And you can still find regular wops. I really don't see why the a certain percent of regular wands of transferrence and wands of petrification can't have a slight % chance to be greater versions. Just make it extremely rare. As is wots and wops don't drop all that much anyways so a what would a even smaller % chance harm.

Some think that perhaps other wands should have a extremely small chance to drop. Like Mackey said, some people will be "wallet warriors." I say there are still those that will challenge themselves. Then there are all those in-between.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

BTW, the craftable Wand of amplification is pretty awesome. Before I thought it was a crystal coin item only thus my negative feedback. With it as a craftable its very awesome indeed.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

eggmceye wrote:new
* wand of magic amplification : craftable by enchanters, req magic spleen and other stuff, used to add +1 to any STR,DEX,INT item up to 14, and DEF up to 3, and AS up to 4
I don't suppose this could be raised just a tad.

ie.:
Usable on +19 stats
+4 Def
+5 AS
and maybe some other crap:
+2 MR
+2 NV
+9 vig
on lolpatrol

Post by 1 »

Keighn wrote:
eggmceye wrote:new
* wand of magic amplification : craftable by enchanters, req magic spleen and other stuff, used to add +1 to any STR,DEX,INT item up to 14, and DEF up to 3, and AS up to 4
I don't suppose this could be raised just a tad.

ie.:
Usable on +19 stats
+4 Def
+5 AS
and maybe some other crap:
+2 MR
+2 NV
+9 vig
I was told by Severian that it worked up to +15 stat, +4 defense, and +5 AS (which are all the same as the advanced crafting caps).
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Yeah, I was just hoping that maybe a slight bonus higher would be ok since the reqs to even find and use a spleen are up there. an extra +1 isn't that much (except stats with would be +5 more)