A humble request for a maped example.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

aftermarketgirl
How do I attack?

A humble request for a maped example.

Post by aftermarketgirl »

In order not to bury the lead:

I was wondering if Egg could provide just a couple top-to-bottom examples of Maped projects that are already implemented in-game. Specifically the Newbie Dungeon files (as a simple and easily accessible example), and something later that demonstrates higher level scripting and techniques.

I'm super new to the game, but reasonably technically proficient and a huge fan of Ultima Lore. While I just opened an account the other day, I'm already dipping into Maped trying to figure it out. While some features are straight forward and well documented, other things... such as scripting an NPC are completely absent in the documentation. I'm thinking that if there were just a couple complete examples available as templates, those of us who were decent at interpreting and hacking away at other people's code could get a better idea of how features are implemented.

I've already started tiling out a map, and designing a plot for it in my head. I can't promise I'll have the follow-through to finish my map, I can say that whatever steps I learn from viewing any Maped project you release, I'd document in the wiki.

Either way, thanks for the great game Egg. It's been like a fission-powered nostalgiabomb exploding in my brain.
ibrowniedefender
on lolpatrol

Re: A humble request for a maped example.

Post by ibrowniedefender »

well NPC's arnt really a part of mapped, but this might help? viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2657#p41518
aftermarketgirl
How do I attack?

Post by aftermarketgirl »

Thanks brownie. That looks really useful. Too tired to take it in right now, but that looks like it might be the thread I've been looking for.
RaynWisp
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by RaynWisp »

Im honestly surprised max didn't respond to " fission-powered nostalgiabomb exploding in my brain"...