RFC- EUO EQUIPMENT TILES & IDEAS

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Re: EUO EQUIPMENT TILES & IDEAS

Post by Grunkk »

I mean, what else BESIDES japanese martial arts weapons.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I only decided to increase their range of melee weapons for UA. Yeah a short range throwing weapon would be great. I had thought of doing a small write up for throwing weapons:
Rocks
Boulders
Darts
Boomerang
Throwing Daggers
Throwing Axes
Chakrams

As to whips not fitting. I'm sure at one point in many game sequels peple thought that about those individual games. I guess whips aren't a very popular item considering I can't recall hardly any games that use them. Whips typically being used on horses and in torture situations or beasts of burden. Hell, I think the horse crop probably replaced the whip due to its short stature. Who's going to start making pics of any of these?
Last edited by Keighn on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

Imo slings could be taken from rogues and put on monks, but possibly Blow-Darts, With tinted ammo, (Barbed, Venomous, Runed etc, as a barbed blowgun doesn't make much sense ;D)

And I doubt a throwing axe would be put in, as Tomahawks are commonly used as 'Throwing axes' and are already in as Fighter Melee weapons.

I reckon a whip COULD be a short-range weapon, see as it is a series of links and chains etc to reach 2-3~ metres.
and isn't a horse crop like a stick with a thing on the end of it? Not a whip?

And yeah, I'll have a go at making some, if you could, make a list of the things that would most likely be added, and i'll attempt them.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Ooh yeah I forgot about blow guns. My cousin made one since he was an avid hunter. Stuck a dart into a log over 1/2 inch and quite possibly an inch into it. Talk about a refined blowgun. I've made a few cat of 5 tails using old leather, oak and wood screws. A farmer next door lost his cow to a cougar attack and let me try my cat'o'5 on it. It locked and ripped into its hide nicely although it got stuck several times. I've made quite a few frog spears too. My attempt at a primitive spiked bracer needed some work. Basically a thick piece of cow hide locked into place with woodscrews. The entire piece also utilized wooscrews. Seems it was the only thing I had at the time. I got that stuck in more than a few wooden shields.

My first wooden shield was made out of 2x4 and weighed way too much (35+ lbs). Later I decided plywood and an old metal stove pipe top would be better. The metal center deflected quite a few axe shots. Still have that shit around somewhere.
Last edited by Keighn on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

So... No list? :O!
Dralos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Dralos »

Keighn wrote: I'm inclined to think you wouldn't charge with a whip. Sieze is in there but its more limited than the monk as this takes rage and not mana. Whip has a range of 2 instead of adjacent.

I've also suggested polearms get a range of 2. Its classic ultima 5 and represents the length of the weapon. Funny in Ultima 4 is adjacent opponents made polearms worthless but I'd rather have the 1-2 range.
I said "similar" to charge :roll:

Meaning the opponent would be frozen where you seized him to for X seconds.

But now that it occurs to me seize does the same thing... so my apologies i should've just said seize.

I feel like i've seen many people say polearms should be 2 squares for atk range.

I wonder if it hasn't been implemented due to a programming issue? Just curious.
LIKE A BAUSS

~JustChill~
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

maybe the whip's sieze attack could cause damage + choking?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: RFC- EUO EQUIPMENT TILES & IDEAS

Post by Keighn »

Heh, choking that is pretty damn classic. I still haven't posted my list on specials. I'll get to it eventually so it can be tweaked. Well, I figure any weapon that uses more than adjacent attack would have to be utilized like a missile weapon. This means the various shift <- -> or tab to morve your target cursor and the shit up to execute the attack. That might make sense since pole arms weren't exactly the easiest weapon to use if rushed by huge forces. The shafts were sometimes exceedingly long to the point to bending and touching the ground. Reinforcing with steel/iron/w/e helped some but then you're talking about more weight. I'm mostly going by Ultima 4 and Ultima 5 for referencing the 2 distance. Ok here's the list:
Special Attack: This is a generic attack for all weapons striking them adjacenly. Other than damger there is no other effect.
Need 100% rage.
30% Weapon Skill: Neophyte special attack deals 1.26 times the damage of a regular attack.
40% weapon skill: Novice special attack deals 1.5 times the damage of a regular attack.
50% weapon skill: Apprentice special attack deals 1.75 times the damage of a regular attack.
60% weapon skill: Journeyman special attack deals 2 times the damage of a regular attack.
70% weapon skill: Expert special attack deals 2.5 times the damage of a regular attack.
80% weapon skill: Adept special attack deals 3 times the damage of a regular attack.
90% weapon skill: Master special attack deals 3.5 times the damage of a regular attack.
100% weapon skill: Grandmaster special attack deals 4 times the damage of a regular attack.

Other Attacks:
Gouge - A stab to the eyes leaves them blind; even if only for a short while.
require 50 rage.
requires Foils or Shortswords.

Priests - Identical to the mace special attack of the same name.
Special (Thunderclap)
requires 100 rage.
requires 90% in maces.
the mace or blessed mave special rage attack.
the target and targets in adjacent squares all suffer a shockwave that confuses them.

Charge - Rushing in to bring to combat to them often surprising them and hampering any chance for escape.
requires 30 rage.
charge a few squares instantaneously at an enemy & attacking it.
Axes, Longswords, Maces, Polearms, Staves, or Unarmed.
charge hamstrings an enemy so that it can't move for 4 sec (but can still attack.

Taunt - Through cursing, gestures of misconduct, and demaning you piss off the target forcing them to vent their rage towards you.
requires 5 rage.
draws attention of mob to yourself.
Usable vs. 1 mob up to 5 squares away.

Battle Roar - The mighty battle cry of the warrior alerts all within range that you challenge them to the very death.
requires 10 rage.
An AOE taunt ability which adds a lot of threat to all mobs within 3 square radius, forcing mobs them to attack you.

Axes: 70/80/90/100
Slash - A quick strike that cuts your opponent causing minor bleeding.
requires - 100 rage.
requires 70% in axes.
Temporarily inflicting a wound causing the target to bleed at the rate of 3% for 3 seconds.

Rend - A fierce blow the rips away the targets ability to combat effectively.
requires - 100 rage.
requires 80% in axes.
Temporarily causing a heavy wound recuding the target's AS, DEF and MR by 10% for 3 seconds.

Cleave - Raw fury cuts the foe down to size, injuring them severely.
requires 100 rage.
requires 90% in axes.
the default axe special rage attack.
temporarily reduces the target's AS, DEF and MR, and also causes the target to bleed at a rate of 5% HP for 3 seconds (for a cumulative total of 25% HP). (Note that the target will not be able to heal while bleeding, though the bleeding itself will not kill the target)

Sever - Like a maddened beast you start Cutting through bone and flesh causing a horrific wound.
requires 100 rage.
requires 100% in axes.
temporarily reduces the target's AS, DEF and MR, slows the targets movement, and also causes the target to bleed at a rate of 6% HP for 6 seconds (for a cumulative total of 25% HP). (Note that the target will not be able to heal while bleeding, though the bleeding itself will not kill the target).

Staves:
Vault - A clever move using your opponent as a means of escape from being surrounded.
requires - 50% rage
requires 70% in staves.
A blow that strikes the opponent dead on and using the targetas leverage to escape just behind it. An excellent way to escape being surrounded or to get behind an opponents back to strike from behind.

Trip - Striking at the opponents appendages you manage to hook and knock it to the ground.
requires 100% rage
requires 80% in staves.
The taret struck falls to the ground prone defenseless for a 3 seconds (very similar to sleeping fist but shorter duration). Target is slowed for 2 seconds afterwards.

MR Cleave - A wicked blow to the brain leaving the target mentally weaker.
requires 100 rage.
requires 90% staves.
the target's Magic Resistance is temporarily reduced, thus making the target substantially weaker to magic.

Cyclonic Strike - Swinging your staff overhead in a swirling motion, you strike all around you in a propelling force.
requires 100 rage.
requires 100% staves.
Like a propelling fan blades all adjacent foes around you are in a 360 degree radius are struck. The target's magic resistance is temporarily reduced making the targets substantially weaker to mage. They are also slowed for the that time.

Unarmed:
Sleeping Fist - A technique amongst the monks to incompacitate the foe temporarily.
requires 20 rage.
requires 30% in unarmed.
an extremely low damage melee attack that puts the target to sleep for a few seconds - any subsequent damage will wake the sleeper up.

Throat Strike - A quick jab silencing your target causing them to choke.
requires 50 rage.
requires 60% in unarmed.
silences the target for a few seconds by asphyxiating them and they cannot cast spells

Quivering Palm - An ancient maneuver that puts the target into shock making them extremely susceptible to critical hits for a short while.
requires 100 rage.
requires 90% in unarmed.
shocks the target so that for the next 5 seconds there is a 50% chance that each hit will be a critical (up to a maximum of 3 critical hits). (Note that you must be wearing 'unarmoured' gear and be using an 'unarmed' weapon, or your bare hands, to cause critical hits while the target is under the influence of a quivering palm hit.)

Knockback - A fierce kick to the midsection sends the target reeling backwards.
requires 50% rage
requires 100% in unarmed.
A kick with all your force knocks the target backwards 1-3 squares slowing it for 5 seconds.

Maces:
Spinal Tap - A quick solid strike to the target.
requires 50 rage.
requires 70% in maces.
A solid strike leaving the target dazed and confused for 5 seconds.

Crush - A heavy uppercut blow that bats your opponent away from you.
requires 100 rage.
requires 80% in maces.
A solid hit that knocks your opponent backwards 1 squres. Target is aep for 3 seconds and slowed for 5 seconds.

Thunderclap - Utilizing all your strength into a downward crushing blow leave a shockwave of force to all those around your target.
requires 100 rage.
requires 90% in maces.
the default maces special rage attack.
the target and targets in adjacent squares all suffer a shockwave that confuses them.

DeathStrike - The earth quakes at such a strike that leaves your target crippled.
requires 100 rage.
requires 100% in maces.
The target and targets in adjacent squares all suffer a shockwave that confuses and stuns them as it knocks them to the ground. Targets may end up knocked out temporarily (as per sleeping fist) for 3 seconds. Upon awaking they are confused and slowed as per Thunderclap.

Foils:
Parry - This is a defensive maneuver to stop a physical attack.
requires 0 rage.
requires 70% in Foils.
This is a latent/passive ability that will repel a blow much like block does for a fighter.

Riposte - A defensive maneuver forcing the blow back upon the attacker.
requires 0 rage.
requires 80% in Foils.
Another latent/passive ability that repels the blow back to the attacker cause a small amount of damage.

Disarm - Disables much of your opponents combat spirit as they scramble to get their weapons.
requires 100 rage.
requires 90% foils.
the default foils special rage attack.
a disarmed mob can no longer perform a special move on you.
a disarmed mob does 50% less damage, both magic and melee! Against monsters, this will cause melee monsters to have their Attack Strength halved and magic using monsters to be 50% less likely to cast for 5 seconds, while against other players this causes the target's weapon to become unequipped, with the target not being able to re-equip for 5 seconds.

Remise (auto 2nd strike) - Through your advanced techniques you strike twice as fast.
requires 0 rage.
requires 100% foils.
A final latent/passive ability in which you automatically strike the target with your full force. This functions much like riposte but inflicts your normal damage like a regular attack.

shortswords:
Avoid - A quick dodge that leaves your opponent off balance.
requires 0 rage.
requires 70% in shortswords.
You move so fast as to doge and daze your opponent leaving him slowed for 3 seconds.

Garrote - A deadly maneuver in which you choke your opponent.
requires 100 rage.
requires 80% in shortswords.
With your blade pressed to their throat with such force you cause them to choke and cough. Target is asphyxiated and slowed for 3 seconds.

Slice n Dice - A series of quicks jabs and slices leaves your targets bloodied.
requires 100 rage.
requires 90% shortswords.
the default short swords special rage attack.
an instantaneous burst of 3 hits divided on up to 3 adjacents targets. 50% possibility to inflict bleeding damage for a short time (4 seconds).

Maim - A horrific attack that scars the target.
requires 100 rage.
requires 100% in shortswords.
50% possibility to inflict bleeding damage for a short time (4 seconds). Also stuns and slows the target as per AEP & slow for up 5 seconds.

Polearms:
Trip - A simple maneuver to knock your opponent off balance.
requires 100 rage.
requires 70% in polearms.
For a short while the victim will be prone up to 2 seconds then slowed for 3 seconds while it gets its bearings.

Pin - A more difficult maneuver the holds the opponent in place.
requires 100 rage.
requires 80% in polearms
In effect the target cannot move. Any target that gets close can be attacked. Typically a pinned target is struck by ranged and spells from a distance to dispatch it.

Bloodbolt - The mastery of polearms enables the fighter to unleash the core potential of his weapon striking multiple targets that are in close proxmity of him. This lightning fast strike saps some of the strength of the targets from the sheer ferocity of the attack.
requires 100 rage.
requires 90% in polearms.
the default polearms special rage attack.
sends a non-magical bolt of chain lightning through the target and on to other nearby targets(bouncing 2x striking a max of 3 targets). (Note that this bolt with thus effect even magic-immune targets. This attack is vampyric in nature replenishing a scant amount of life to the fighter).

Impale - A full force strike that pierces a taget all the way from front to rear.
requires 100 rage
requires 100% in polearms.
Those impaled are not only pinned in place but suffer damage each second for up to 5 seconds until they can dislodge themselves. This ability also performs the bloodbolt ability upon first striking.

longswords:
feint - A passive ability in which the fighter ducks and weaves to avoid being hit.
requires 0 rage
requires 70% in longswords.
Those that miss are off balance for 3 rounds suffering as if slowed.

slam - Sometimes it is best to use the force of your opponent to the best of your advantage by doding ever so slightly, grabbing them, and shoving thier skull into the wall behind you.
requires 60 rage
requires 80% in longswords.
Target is slowed and confused for 3 rounds from having their brains dashed against the wall or slammed into the ground. Target is now directly behind you spitting out a few teeth.

Flurry - The fighter slashes with all his might striking several opponents at once in an instantanous burst of speed.
requires 100 rage.
requires 90% in longswords.
the default longswords special rage attack.
an instantaneous burst of 3-5 hits that will randomly hit targets adjacent to you.

Sweep - When surrounded by insurmountable odds sometimes the master of masters can achieve a miracle leaving his foes dying in a pool of blood.
requires 100 rage.
requires 100% in longswords.
This attack functions much like flurry except it strikes all enemies adjacent to the fighter. Targets struck are dazed and slowed for 3 seconds.

Ranged:
Aimed shot - A concentrated shot leaving the target exposed.
requires 50 rage.
requires 50% skill.
does 1.5x dmg and slows the target.

Spray n Pray - A series of quick shots to take out your foes.
requires 100 rage.
requires 90% in ranged.
the (non-default) ranged special rage attack.
shoots 3 arrows at once at multiple targets.

Point blank headshot - SWALLOW THIS!
requires 100 rage.
requires 90% in ranged.
the default ranged special rage attack.
inflicts extra damage and causes the target to bleed at a rate of 5% HP for 5 seconds (for a cumulative total of 25% HP). (Note that the target will not be able to heal while bleeding, though the bleeding itself will not kill the target.)

Sniper Strike - A well controlled shot that can be used while hidden.
requires 100 rage.
requires 100% in ranged.
An excellent maneuver to use to snuff out the target. Those struck suffer the combined effect of aimed and point-blank head shot.

Whips:
Seize(up to 4 away) - GET OVER HERE! This attack brings those from afar to your feet.
requires 50 rage
requires 70% in Whips
With a range up to 4 away this makes it far easier to strike pesky spellcasters and archers that try to stay out of your reach.

Ensnare - A tricky maneuver to not only siezes your target but pulls your target off balance.
requires 100 rage.
requires 80% in whips.
Trip - A simple maneuver to knock your opponent off balance.
For a short while the victim will pulled towards you and clotheslined to the ground suffering in the prone position up to 2 seconds then slowed for 3 seconds while it gets its bearings.

Disarm - Disables much of your opponents combat spirit as they scramble to get their weapons.
requires 100 rage.
requires 90% Whips.
the default foils special rage attack.
a disarmed mob can no longer perform a special move on you.
a disarmed mob does 50% less damage, both magic and melee! Against monsters, this will cause melee monsters to have their Attack Strength halved and magic using monsters to be 50% less likely to cast for 5 seconds, while against other players this causes the target's weapon to become unequipped, with the target not being able to re-equip for 5 seconds.

Entangle - A much more difficult maneuver that completely disables the target.
requires 100 rage.
requires 100% in whips.
Not only is the target disarmed but complete held immobile choking (asphyxiation) for 3-5 seconds.

Picks:
Shield Shear - A well used attack that hooks the targets and batting it away.
requires 100 rage.
requires 70% in picks.
This attack ignores block completely striking the target with full force. The attack is such a suprise it leaves the target slowed for 3 seconds.

Pierce - This well timed attack ignores the puny defenses of the target.
requires 100 rage.
requires 80% in picks
In effect a target is considered AC(Def) of 0. Additional damage is usually the result. Piercing lasts for 3 seconds.

Stun - An attack the completely shocks the opponents leaving him dazed.
requires 100 rage.
requires 90% in picks.
Such a target is unable to attack or move for 3-5 seconds with an effective AC(Def) of 0.

Rift Snap - The rage of the ultimate master rends the earth in half.
requires 100 rage.
requires 100% in picks.
Those in the path of this attack suffer full damage. The attack affects a target in a direct line of 4 squares harming those behind it. All struck suffer the effects of being stunned.
ZUPS!!!!
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Just a suggestion:

If egg does add in whips and chains, i think they'd be better off as druid exclusive weapons. Afterall, we're running out of weapons for each class (damn greedy fighters :P )
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

dat file wrote:#class short parent manatype armour weight desc skills->
fighter f r m Fighters excel in combat with melee weapons.
rogue r r l The rogue specialises in fast damage and ranged combat.
mage m m u The mage delivers very fast damage from a distance at the expense of being relatively weak.
monk o m u Monks deal damage with their fists and have a selection of support abilities.
priest p m m The priest is a natural healer and support class.
nercomancer n p m u x
druid d p m l x
paladin P f m m x
ranger R f r m x
bard b r m l x
From what I can tell from that druids use priest or mage mana types and light armour. Doesn't say anything about weapons so who knows what. It may be a subclass. Quite possibly using maces, polearms, and axes. I really don't know. At the very least I say rogues get whips and fighters get picks.
Last edited by Keighn on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

Tbh I don't even know why druids are being added, aren't they like softcock mages?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I see some cool potential for druids. Totem magic(think similar to fire/healing wards), animal summoning and changing. Elemental resistances. Could be potential great fun. I wouldn't mind seeing a barbarain class also but that's another thread.
Last edited by Keighn on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

Gosh, these ideas are SICK, this would be amazing if it were put in. Would give the older players a reason to come back. :)
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I'd just like to try em on alpha, get imput, then tweak em. I have a few other ideas I've gotten from other games.

Batons that shoot thorns (druid weapon)
Armors that I need to work on (mostly filling out some sections and adding variety. I swear every wearing a cap ingame must look like the women of the 1800s or so. I'll find a pic when I can. Its either that or they're baseball caps. Cloth skullcaps are just a bit fugly but was pretty common. Wouldn't mind seeing top hats or wide brim hats of various sorts. More clothing options including sandals.
Last edited by Keighn on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Keighn wrote: From what I can tell from that druids use priest or mage mana types and light armour. Doesn't say anything about weapons so who knows what. It may be a subclass. Quite possibly using maces, polearms, and axes. I really don't know. At the very least I say rogues get whips and fighters get picks.
Your presumption is correct, at least if the classes.dat is still reflecting up to date ideas for the new classes. Parent class of druids are priests.
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

Imo armour should be more dwarf-fortress'y, Like you attack someone, and if say the random attack hits the plated boot, there's a chance for the attack to be deflect or not, (more defense the better the chance deflected) because even with 200 defense, you're still getting hit 1-5s quickly if more than one mob/player is attacking you requiring you to drink pots.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Idea I had some months back from playing way too much Hellgate london with grenades:

After looking at bottles I now want to make molotov cocktails and throw them in mechants houses.
Grenade missile weapons:

throwing grenades:
distance up to 3 squares
uses targeting
single hot key (like spell or ability)
10-15 second cooldown between throws
Any class

types:
single poison pot
orange pot

poison gas (area 2x2)
sleeping gas (area 2x2)

bone shards (area 2x2) dmg
lightning vial (area 2x2) dmg + blinding
flaming vial (area 2x2 dmg + burning
frozen vial (area 2x2) dmg + slowing
holy water

other possible:
bleeding (amt)
concussion (knock mobs back + stun)
fear gas (flee)
smoke (confusion)
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Other throwing weapons I've always enjoyed:
Axes (harder to throw than you think. Go to a ren fair and try)
daggers/knives (again, harder than you think)
rocks
Bolas
Nets
darts
Dralos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Dralos »

darts and rocks are by far the easiest to throw on that list.

I've tried throwing knives because my friend an do it and has a knife set, yea it's pretty hard.
LIKE A BAUSS

~JustChill~
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Back when I was a kid we used to get into dirt clod fights all the time around construction areas.