Alpha is a server for testing new game functions, and optionally testing builds.
XP multiplier on alpha is 20 (ie 20x that of reg, 2x that of PD)
copying characters from reg and PD to alpha
Alpha is an old copy of reg. However you can now copy a character from reg or PD to alpha via the armoury. Login to armoury and go to the player profile of the character you wish to copy to alpha. Link to copy is at top under the character name.
/Commands special to alpha server:
Code: Select all
/respec xx xx xx - free respec (ie stat redistribution) /script vamp - toggle player vampyrism /script druid - get some starting skill points in druidry/polymorphism /race 0-9 - free race change /remort - same as for PD
new rules for newly tamed and evolving pets
A general problem with pets is that at 100 taming the only pet worth getting is usually a black or red dragon due to all others' low stats. So, now that necromancers can tame undead, and can tame undead dragons, I needed to beef those undead dragons, and indeed all pets up.
When you tame a pet, or when a pet evolves:
* pet stats are scaled to roughly dragon stats, multiplied by your % in taming
* base stats for a new pet with 100% taming:
-- HP 725
-- INT 750
-- MR 375
-- AS 38
-- AC 40
-- Dmg 5d7
-- speed 500ms
* the pet's new stats will be the greater of their normal stat or the above stat * skill% in taming. Eg if your taming skill is 50% then the pet's HP will be the greater of its normal HP or 725 * 0.5
* this instant pet stat respec does not ever apply to non-undead dragons, tho I'm willing to change this if someone puts up a good argument for it
Testing this on alpha. It's probably a good change - but I am a bit wary.
This statbonus does not get applied retroactively. If you want a new king rat pet you will have to go and tame another.
player GOLEM race
* 5x mr
* 2x def
* 0 mana all the time
* cannot eat or drink pots, but beer is ok (think bender from futurama), however they don't get the benefits from beer as dwarves do
* immune to choking, poison, drowning, bleeding
more races to come on alpha, stay tuned
how to play on the alpha server
ALPHA server is selectable during login/create in the euotopia client. Alternatively:
i) use the launcher
ii) change the port to 26665 (host is still euo.swut.net)
how to make a new char using one of the new races
i) pick any race
ii) use the /race command once connected
how to convert to one of the new races
i) type /race - you will be presented with a list of race numbers you can change to - 7 is dwarf for example
*** you can use /race to get a free race change to any race on alpha
previous alpha testing - read this thread from start to finish if you want a history lessoh on:
big thanks to
MaGeX & Lord Mort for making the dwarf avs. There is a initial set of 10 that I've added heavily based on their work - these are still undergoing revision & expansion.
Grunkk for the cute skeletun avs plus the name - which I may just keep, instead of boring old 'undead'