maped thread - now even more difficult to use than ever

Moderator: EUO Moderators

LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Re: maped thread - now even more difficult to use than ever

Post by LordMortiferus »

Just checked how many items I got on a random map with 129x150 and got a whopping 1745 in total. This map has no spawners though. When you can load it with Maped it likely works on the server ;]
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

When will maped have drop down menus and loads of preloaded scripts in the menus. Example
Select mob select color hit edit button and put in preset stats and a abilities and chains if effects. Same with choosing items and terrain or furniture. I just feel maped could be even more friendly. Obviously custom graphics wouldn't probably work unless each map has its own individual tilesets and object/mob/etc lists.
ZUPS!!!!
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Post by Catherine »

Questions / Problems I've encountered:

1) The paintbrush feature makes making maps ridiculously easy, which is fantastic. It's immensely useful for painting a backdrop that can be manually tweaked, so I've been playing with it. Atm it doesn't look like you can add item codes to it however?

2) Paths + totally misbehaving 'u' levels. Paths at the moment are the bane of my life - I've noted another post about them here, but they constantly display incorrectly, refuse to obey the u tile over-ride and so on. (so do fences, but at least they show the u effect). I've also had the issue where <base tile> <item> <u tile> reverts to the <base tile> if it's set differently. Irksome.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I'm uploading a newer version right now that might have better support for paths with transparent backgrounds. The version on there I don't think had 'default undertile' support.
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Post by Catherine »

eggmceye wrote:I'm uploading a newer version right now that might have better support for paths with transparent backgrounds. The version on there I don't think had 'default undertile' support.

Now works, which is great, but I'm stuck in 16x16 display for it, whereas before it was using 32x32. The autoconfig / resize options in maped.cfg don't apply either (meaning I'm stuck in 1028x768 & having the display cropping issues & fullscreen won't work).

Edit - weird one. I modded the map that LordD sent with the extra tiles / maptiles-as-items, and the sets of tinted mountains I created are now, well, "squished". It appears that item codes that use the hack (e.g. c40f43d) are now stuck using the split head / bottom function of the avatars. i.e.

Code: Select all

F = 0 -- DDD will be interpreted as a dye
F = 2 -- DDD will be interpreted as a dye and the avatar will glow
F = 4 -- DDD will be interpreted as secondary avatar code enabling split avatars
They all seem to be stuck using F=4 as a default. I'll upload to show you. Not sure if this is intended, but it buggers up the second set of maps I have (they use tinted mountain tiles).

http://www59.zippyshare.com/v/5854436/file.html

p.s. I did notice the return of 226, the tree blocker, which is cool.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I've uploaded a new maped cat

in maped.cfg put:
tiles32=1

and that will use the hi res 32x32 tiles

as for screen res, in maped.cfg change resx and resy. Really depends on your computer, but for windowed mode, the resx and resy must be less than your screen res. With the advent of small ass laptop monitors 1024x768 doesn't seem to work all the time, while in the past that was safe staple.
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Post by Catherine »

Nope, still refusing to co-operate. I did a full re-install of both EUO & Maped.

tiles32=1
trace=0
resx=1200
resy=800
autosize=1
fullscreen=0
randtilepairs=43,53,126,43,33
litter=33,36,39,42,176,52,45,114
paintset1=32x30,42,176,39,63
paintset2=46x30,31,52
Just refuses to load the newer tile set, however it is recognizing the resolutions though :)

Map tiles as items now squished:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I'm not that fussed about tiles as items not really working .. don't even know what you and LM are doing - sounds hacky
don't edit maped.cfg when it is running
not sure what else to say
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Post by Catherine »

eggmceye wrote:I'm not that fussed about tiles as items not really working .. don't even know what you and LM are doing - sounds hacky
don't edit maped.cfg when it is running
not sure what else to say

Ok, I've pulled all those hacky maptiles as items (was trying to get crystal tinted mountains for a crystalline themed map). tiles32=1 just simply isn't working :/

Two more questions: Can regions have their own <nob> feature? i.e. within a map that allows blinking, can you set a single region to be <nob>? I'm hoping the answer is yes. Would this allow a player to IP / cyan into a region, but then be effected by the <nob>? Actually, it'd probably be better if you couldn't blink in or out, but without a) moving the section to a different map or b) setting the global to <nob>

Secondly, I saw it stated on the forums somewhere that "...I went and manually removed all the <sanct> features from maps". Does this mean the <sanct> feature is outmoded? I'm simulating a magical fence, that doesn't allow you to blink over it (however, for the rest of the map, you can zip around fine).

As shown - is this no longer the way to do it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Catherine wrote:Nope, still refusing to co-operate. I did a full re-install of both EUO & Maped.

tiles32=1

Map tiles as items now squished:[/quote]

By the appearance of the squishing my guess is that it's trying to use the half tile code, But I don't think that it was intended to be used on items?
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

eggmceye wrote:I'm not that fussed about tiles as items not really working .. don't even know what you and LM are doing - sounds hacky
Made me smile. Anyway, wrongly drawn maptiles as items is actually a slight problem if you want to use the maptile within a barrier feature, e.g. the column and wall barrier at the entrance of maplevel 222, Nizweideux.

@cat: You cannot set "nob" for individual regions afaik. But you cannot blink into a region in any case.
Egg meant the sanc grass tile not the sanc-fea and you do not need snc-fea on walls (snc-fea do not allow to blink onto that specific tile, but you can blink over or from(?) a snc-fea.
I saw you posted some new script over in the other thread - I'll have a look at it the day after tomorrow unless someone more competent will give you some feedback till then. I'll be on the road tomorrow and am too exhausted today.
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Post by Catherine »

Bugbo wrote:
By the appearance of the squishing my guess is that it's trying to use the half tile code, But I don't think that it was intended to be used on items?
Catherine wrote: It appears that item codes that use the hack (e.g. c40f43d) are now stuck using the split head / bottom function of the avatars.
Ye, just left wondering if it's something particular to MapEd or in general atm - it was working before (well, the version of MapEd before the last two new ones).

LordMortiferus wrote:
@cat: You cannot set "nob" for individual regions afaik. But you cannot blink into a region in any case.
Egg meant the sanc grass tile not the sanc-fea and you do not need snc-fea on walls (snc-fea do not allow to blink onto that specific tile, but you can blink over or from(?) a snc-fea.

Ok, well that's a solution already then; region is set, as long as you can't blink in I suppose that'll do.

As for the spare <sanct> features - ye, I know: I built the fence first, then am filling the rest of the map. Without the script stuff I'll just finish off the dungeon parts etc.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

just posted latest maped .... I think the main change is the auto window sizing should work much better now with modern smaller laptop screens.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Pretty soon in my life I'm probably going to have no internet, and nothing but time on my hands. I wanna start working on my map again. How do we use the copy and paste feature? Having that would help me substantially.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I soooo need to find a place to download and update.
ZUPS!!!!
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Eclips wrote:Pretty soon in my life I'm probably going to have no internet, and nothing but time on my hands. I wanna start working on my map again. How do we use the copy and paste feature? Having that would help me substantially.
Tomorrow I will update the script and add a better how to use instruction based on feedback from egg. Furthermore, I would like to add the possibility to copy supermats (e.g. felmythic, red, blue) and names. These are not recognized by the script and may even cause a bit of trouble.
Example: the item code for a dunastral venomous arrow named "green arrow" as used in maped would be 0xa128.b0.green_arrow. The script only checks for the item code 0xa128 but not for the supermat 0xb0 nor the name string. Edit: just thinking of it - I add supermats/names later as it is too much hassle atm.

Edit: updated the copy&paste script - within the post is a direct download link to my dropbox for the LUA file. Instruction can be found here.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Uploaded new version of maped (103)

No real new features, but during working on EftV I fixed the maped crash that would happen all the time when you walked away from the pc or alt-tabbed. So maped is really stable now and hasn't crashed for me in a long time !
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

When applying the maptile code 0x43d to common maptiles for the use as items or mobs you are limited to maptiles that only have a two digits code
I do make no sense, right? Here are some examples:

0xdf = Guardian Maptile
0xdf0043d works as item and mob

0x107 = hole in the ground
0x1070043d does no work

0x10e = letter "S"
0x10e0043d shows red dirt as in 0x0e0043d
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Re: Ideas thread 2015
by Keighn » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:06 pm
Maped is still a terrible thing to navigate through. I felt full frustration working on euo mapped and eftv maped. They are not compatible and many old functions and hot keys still are nightmarish. The manuals are outdated and it is not newb user friendly at all.

Mega update is needed IMHO.

Alright, I just tried an old version of rivers end, ancient tunnels, city, hellish passages, hells keep, ?? Fortress. The maps and features and mobs DO NOT!! Transfer correctly.

You end up with glowing question mark phase beasts and chaos terrain. I had to edit several times just to walk navigate and the maps look horrible.

I might put it up on a 4shared link if anyone wants to mess around.

Addendum.....
Are there new shrine abilities when praying? I just read the entry in wiki manual and thought about maeondir and apoc continent shrines. Could say this happen when meditating at shrine?

1 you catch fire
2 mobs appear and attack
3 an npc appears to chat
4 you become diseased or poisoned
5 you're cured or healed
6 you are killed
7 a portal appears to somewhere
8 quest is activated
9 shop opens
Etc

Same question for fountains
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Been having a hell of a time creating random dungeons on either euo or eftv.

Maybe future maped has more random options.

What are all the random dungeons?
Maeondir tower?
Lava tunnels
Treacherous caves
Rank dungeon
Beneath kaza ??
ZUPS!!!!