Special Events

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Grodst
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Special Events

Post by Grodst »

Is there merit to the system of having weekend (or any other time period) events where special areas give better drops or xp?

Seems most other games I see lately spam you with msgs like YOU MUST PLAY SATURDAY AS 2X CHANCE OF GREEN DROPS!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess this falls under marketing idea.
Making Enchants the right way: one noob after another tossed into the lava.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

definitely marketing

euo needs more marketing

euo needs a review by a online newspaper or blog or two then maybe it can get a new wikipedia entry
Grodst

Post by Grodst »

wiki was our main marketing success before? Or at least the main portal?
Last edited by Grodst on Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaral
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Jaral »

My two bits: this "special event" idea kicks ass. And yea, EUO needs more marketing. Right now it is Egg's Unknown Online.
Grodst

Post by Grodst »

Any of the playerbase Marketing or Ad Majors?

I'm willing to help with specials and such, make a schedule of perks that egg ok's. I've run and minority co-owned small retail stores for over a decade. Never had the authority to do external ads. My focus therefore has been on reaching the customers who do try us out at EUO, make the gameplay more exciting and hope that brings them back more often, AND draws their freinds into it. The plan goes that such word of mouth grows the game/store. It's how I came to EUO's wonderful universe years ago....DarKWizard was a fellow beta tester at another game who begged me to try it for weeks on end.
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Email campain...

Post by Dudle »

Special events could be neat. Have event monsters that spawn on the continent and certain maps. Have event monsters drop special monster parts and/or equipment, and have a special NPC to trade the monster parts and/or equipment in for event items...which are available for a limited time only - and need to be used up before the next event or patch.

As for exposure for EUO - everyone should just email all their friends that they think would enjoy the game...post about it on facebook...in any of your email profiles...add links to the EUO mainpage any way you can...offer to help anyone who gets back to you about it...download the ventrilo client and talk them thru EUO - its much easier than typing :smoke: .
Hopefully some of them will splurge on avatars for you and themselves :D maybe even a house.

Dudle
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

I just skimmed a few of the threads in this forum since i havent even looked in here for abt a month.

I read the "crafting is useless" thread and then this one and i remembered egg saying something about trying to figure out how to make event monster drops divvy up better between those who attack it.

why not have the event monster automatically put a certain soulbound crafting item (X) into each person's inventory that you could make into something with a few high crafting skills. but to keep everyone getting the same thing out of X, have it where you can 'apply' it to multiple avenues of item creation/enhancement. this would stop it from flooding the economy (being soulbound), but also make it so that its customizable to your character.

if you want to get more involved, you could have mage type, fighter type, and rogue type event bosses drop magical items, str/def based items, or dex/light armour/etc items reespectively (where once you have high enough in certain crafting skills you could make better things. and the more crafting skills you have at a higher percentage that pertain to making the certain weapon/item, could make it better.)

so say the mage-type event boss drops X into your inventory. if you're a mage and have the required skills, you could make a high end +int or +vig item. if you're a rogue or fighter, you could make a high end enchanted weapon.

but even if you have low crafting skills, you should still be able to put this onto whatever item you can make at that time with your current skills. so say you're a level 25 fighter and you help kill a boss. you have like 40% in a few crafting skills so you can enchant the vamp longsword you made with your weaponsmith with the AM or VAM enchantment... stuff like that so everyone can benefit, not just people like destroyer with crazy crafting skills/delirium/obsession :)

anyways, i think this would put a cool twist on crafting and solve the problem of "wtf should event bosses give" in one shot.

the only thing is the DMs would have to keep doing special events to actually keep people interested in upping their crafting skills with certain obtainable goals in mind.