PETS!!!

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

PETS!!!

Post by Eidolon »

in my honest opinion, in order to make taming worthwhile (besides getting that dragon at the end of a long and tiresome road of boring tame grinding), we need to brainstorm the shit out've it.
some ideas --

collars/pet-equippables --
why not have collars +str equippable for more max hp on your pet? or maybe even a chest piece of armour to increase its defense so your invaluable goblin doesnt get killed in one minotaur hit? or how abt being able to give a goblin archer a diamond shortbow +5 that increases their dmg so its not just 1 to anything with higher AC than their own kin?
i think thats all you should be able to equip on monster-type pets. which leads me into..

humanoid sidekick guys --
how abt at 100% taming you can get a sidekick? like a rogue or pirate or something like that? now these i think you should be able to fully deck out with anything that regular players can wear.. would that be cheesy? i think it'd be a cool bonus for people who worked hard to 100 taming for them to be able to equip anything on one of these guys.

comments?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

That would certainly make me consider getting different pets. I'd still like to be able to have more than 2. If I have enough cash it would be nice if I could stable many. I also wonder why you can't have more than one pet run around with you. You can generally summon 2 daemons, a dragon, multiple monsters. Though, I suppose walking around with your own swat team might slow/lag the system and be a tad cheesy.

Back on topic, it would be pretty damn intersting to have that goblin armed with vampy bow so it could heal itself. The potential for mage pets would be great too.
ZUPS!!!!
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

It might be cool if you could use an alt as a pet. Put a restriction on what level alt could be used, like lvl 50 max. I'd also say that your level would need to be higher than that of your 'alt pet'. I think that this would satisfy people who want pets that they can equip gear on and such. Not sure about what taming skill would be required or if taming is even an appropriate skill for this.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I just recently noticed the "heal" command for pets so they'd constantly heal you. How well does it work? Do they still attack if a mob strikes them?

On the mob thread I asked this:

Code: Select all

Does anyone know if as pets advance in levels (or monsters) whether anything else raises besides Hit points? 

Attack Strength? 
Defense? 
Magic Resistance? 
Intelligence? 
Damage? 

I'd really like to know the simple formula for this otherwise I'm going to have to just write out my ideas without that info.
Perhaps a command that has the monster throw out only one particular spell attack assuming it has it. (i.e: Black Dragon - you type VF or XMP for it to only blast opponents rather than melee or summon daemons).

I've also mentioned that perhaps the option for not having pets evolve. Rather than having them instantly evolve use a command "evolve" upon attaining their lvl 25.

Pets once evolved start at lvl 1 and not lvl 26 or 51 (dragons and daemons examples).

A major code would be xp amounts for certain mobs to go up levels. I really don't think a lvl 1 drake should level up just as easily as a lvl 1 bunny or lvl 1 minotaur.

And if pets had a different xp rate to go up how about unshackling them to go up to perhaps lvl 100. A lvl 25 goblin just doesn't do much.
===============
As to stabling creatures perhaps having more than 2 in a stable. It might be nice to have a near unlimited amount of pets to be stabled assuming you can afford the price per pet per day. I'm not sure how much stabling costs but if you run out of cash or perhaps "Pet Tokens" then they start deleting your pets from the bottom of the list upwards.

An example would be: you have 8 pets in your stable. But before the day is up you have only 3 token left. Well, as the new day dawns the 3 tokens pay for the top 3 pets listed in order and the last 5 are simple let go into the wild(just disappear).

I say pet tokens are it is in a sense easier to tally than 1,000s of gp. It would work just like a merchant.

=================
Battling pets and pets attacking other players (or just attacking criminals) is another idea that's been floated around.
ZUPS!!!!
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Post by Dudle »

I wish that humanoids were tameable and equipable...along with some of the other pets being able to wear necklaces or rings...

An alternative to the different species being dreamt up in other forums, if you allowed for the pet to either: A) get a randomly chosen ability or command - or B) to be trained in one of two choices - every 15 lvl's. Then draw upon a set number of reasonable abilities for each tameable pet - with exclusions to the previous random/deliberate choices made. This would make pets more diverse...which is what IMO is wanted in this forum. So getting a new pet would almost never be tha sameas the last pet you had.

I was thinking of was pets that goto lvl 75 with minimal health gains but different abilities and/or commands ...every 15 levels would be good to allow 6 abilities/commands.

I wish that you could control up to your skill %, however many pets with the total taming ability required to tame each pet individually - added together. So if you had 100% taming and you wanted to have a dragon in the stable then go get 10 bats to look like Dracula, you could and then train them up and equip them.

Dudle
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
Rusty76

Post by Rusty76 »

I think it might be cool if you could use one of your alt characters as a "pet". Of course there would have to be a limit to what lvl char could be used as a pet. Level 50 or less seems reasonable. Let the player's taming skill determine how high a level character they can have as a pet, like 50 taming to have a lvl 25 char pet, 100 taming to have a lvl 50 char pet. While the char is being used as a pet they would gain XP as a pet does. A mage pet char would use the spells assigned to the f1-f8 hotkeys, and fighters and rogues would use their equipped weapons.
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Post by Dudle »

Hey Rusty!

You really want to level your alts through taming dont you?

As for the heal command - I dont believe that works - I think someone saw me do a typo and thought I was giving a pet command...

Dudle
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
Rusty76

Post by Rusty76 »

Dudle wrote:You really want to level your alts through taming dont you?
If you think that would be cheesy then make character pets gain no XP at all. My taming isn't that high anyway (only 65) so I wouldn't get very far. My intent was to provide a way of having humans as 'pets' and a way to customize their gear and stats.
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Post by Dudle »

Well that sounds alot better than before.

Dudle

Eidolon

Post by Eidolon »

Small idea, but I figured it would get read here and not tossed back by 20 new "ideas" posts in General.

Something that I think would be fairly helpful is showing your pet's HP in the stat window. Maybe right underneath the mana/rage bar with the same color green as partied/pet hp color. A lot more often than I realized I'm trying to med mana back up or just cant see my pet (behind a door fighting) to be watching it's HP go down and then it dies. This would also be helpful with people who are trying to bond a pet. Maybe even a pet that you leave alone, instead of "wandering off" it could have a starving effect like players (but a lot more severe, like 10% of hp every 6 seconds) when you leave them alone. That'd give you a minute to get there and feed it.
BlackMage

Post by BlackMage »

IMO, I think that the human mobs shouldn't be tameable.

If anything, they should be treated like mercenaries and used as a gold sink.

That's just my two cents tho.
"All things end in judgement."
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

How about rideable drake.
(I thought somebody even did tiles for that one)

To get rideable drake player need:

- Tame drake
- Get dragon-bridle from "superboss dragon" drop
- Get flight permission certificate (cost 500k-1.5m) from stable or real $ for egg X-D
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Re: PETS!!!

Post by Zilverlight »

Eidolon wrote:humanoid sidekick guys --
how abt at 100% taming you can get a sidekick? like a rogue or pirate or something like that? now these i think you should be able to fully deck out with anything that regular players can wear.. would that be cheesy? i think it'd be a cool bonus for people who worked hard to 100 taming for them to be able to equip anything on one of these guys.

comments?
I've been suggesting that for so long :(

Mercenaries and such.

I love the idea of being able to equip pets with certain items to buff them.

How about having pets' damage raise as their levels raise, so you won't have a level 25 goblin archer doing the same damage as a lv 1 goblin archer.

Maybe so that equipping pets with items isn't TOO cheesy, you can make it, if the pet dies, the item is destroyed (pet doesn't res with it, you'll have to equip it with something new) or maybe make it 25% chance that when pet dies, the items it was wielding are dropped on the floor (able to be used again)

Thoughts?
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
poply
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by poply »

the dead pets droping items they were using is a good thought. question though... are you saying pets should have a max items they can use at once(like 2 or 3)? if so, 1 weapon and 1 armour might be good

and i think it would be really good(maybe too good) it people could walk through pets that are in there parties
spoiled
Rusty76

Post by Rusty76 »

I posted an idea a while back about having the ability to use an alt as a "pet". There would have to be restrictions as to how high a level of a alt could be used. The alt would use it's equipped gear to fight and mage alts would choose from the spells bound to their f1-f8 keys.
poply
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by poply »

i think pets should be healed a little when you feed them! this would be cool.
spoiled
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Post by Dudle »

It could be an idea to make a NPC like Mrs. Ability (Mr.Tamer)...and have pet commands that could be learned from him (applicable to the current pet only). If the pet is stabled it retains any abilities - but if the pet is lost/changed, any learned abilities are lost too and any new pet would need to learn the command separately. Have certain abilities available at different skill levels to make things interesting while raising taming.

Dudle

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Golems have far too low of a MR in my opinion. They pop like balloons and that tends to make them suck.
Last edited by Keighn on Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZUPS!!!!
khellendros
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by khellendros »

Eidolon wrote:in my honest opinion, in order to make taming worthwhile (besides getting that dragon at the end of a long and tiresome road of boring tame grinding), we need to brainstorm the shit out've it.
some ideas --

collars/pet-equippables --
why not have collars +str equippable for more max hp on your pet? or maybe even a chest piece of armour to increase its defense so your invaluable goblin doesnt get killed in one minotaur hit? or how abt being able to give a goblin archer a diamond shortbow +5 that increases their dmg so its not just 1 to anything with higher AC than their own kin?
i think thats all you should be able to equip on monster-type pets. which leads me into..

humanoid sidekick guys --

comments?
The humanoid thing would be cool especially for mages, since god forbids we know our summons dont always do what we intend them to LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON. but another thing with the equipables, it should be based on the type of pet, like a goblin fighter should be able to wield a weapon, anything that seems like it could wield a weapon in fact should be able to.
KingDavid
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by KingDavid »

I like the idea of 'hiring' humanoids by 'feeding' them gold.
Be strong and of good courage; fear not or be dismayed; for the Lord, even my God, will be with thee. He will not fail thee, till thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord.