AEP spam

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Jaral
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

AEP spam

Post by Jaral »

Ok, I guess this is just a pet peeve of mine but I'll table it and see what you all think. Daemons (and by extension anything that summons them) are incredibly unpredictable. If they decide to go ape on you, it only takes a couple daemons to kill a highish level player. First they all summon in unison and the number of them doubles or triples in a couple seconds. Then they spam AEP on you, and you MIGHT have half of a second window to cast KOP or SL or something before they have killed you. I would honestly rather be in a room with 5 dragons than with 5 daemons. They scare the crap out of me. I thought they were supposed to be one of the lowest of the high level mobs?

Here is my idea: After a successful AEP cast, a player should be immune to being re-paralyzed for maybe 1-2 seconds after the paralysis wears off. This would prevent the spam-AEP-until-death scenario that has claimed a couple of my highish level chars on PD. As a balance I suppose it could last a little longer, although it lasts quite awhile already if you dont have much MR. This wouldnt nerf daemons terribly much in combat, just make it a bit more possible to escape when they suddenly go ape you (APE=AEP.. hehe).

Another frustrating thing about AEP is that the client ignores pretty much all keystrokes when you are paralyzed. Mostly this is good, but it ignores enter for talking. Once I got paralyzed and I quickly told the person I was with to flee. Unfortunately the first time I hit enter to start talking it was ignored due to AEP. When I hit enter to send it opened the chat line, and of course when I hit my shortcut key for KOP it went to chat instead of getting me out. By the time I figured out my mistake I was dead.

Im all for PD but I prefer to die somewhat honorably. :)
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I'm not sure where this fits into developement unless you're suggesting egg change the daemon abilities which I doubt. These daemons were modeled after the Ultima 5 daemons which would summon more daemons like crazy. Rather than possess like they did there they cast aep (perhaps they did that in u5 also). I certaintly would call a daemon on the lower tier of the hellish spawn. Daemons are known for infiltrating the prime world out of the hells. Thus the recluctance of many sorcerers summoning them. Usually arcane circles of protection were crafted to keep the daemon/demon/devil at bay or contained while dealing with the beings. Whoa be the fool who broke the circle as the hellish beings would usually kill the summoner/take their soul/and either go back to hell or unleash minions upon the now open gateway.

Personally, I'd like to see the chance for spellcasters that summon daemons to have a chance to get a result that might not be so grand (ala daemon with a red bar). This could lead to creation of a daemon talisman so summoned daemons wouldn't turn before their summoning time is up.

Remember, the hellspawn don't fight fair. Their number is beyond the count of the grains of sand in all the world. I wouldn't mind seeing a little xp gained from summons (1/20th or 1/10th) but oh well.
ZUPS!!!!
Ulric
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Ulric »

I like the way the demons are now. They do put fear in to the heart of even the most skilled players. Having a spawned demon turn on the caster would be a great idea. EUO could use a few more randomly created bad situations for players. Being a semi-high lvl char I some times get to cocky because I can take down a few dragons. But when a black or skel dragon spawns a demon and he invites friends I get my butt handed to me or I run screaming like a little girl :).

I think EUO needs a few more ways for an easy situation to become an o'crap shift-1 situation. This makes things a lot more fun.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Skilled writers my friend can do wonders. Currently, I'm going through all my notes and trying to get my maped skills back up to par. This means much researching again. I guess it never is too late to get into the mapping game.
ZUPS!!!!
Jaral
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Jaral »

Ok Im gathering that there is not any kind of general support for limiting AEP. Ill leave the subject alone then.

Btw I disagree that EUO needs more highly unpredictable situations. I play PD, and its very frustrating when things get so unpredictable. Ie, normally liches are cake. But every now and again I miss bs, and maybe one in one hundred times that I miss bs the lich immediately AEPs, summons a daemon which summons another daemon which AEPs before the first one has ran out and so on, and im out half or 3/4 of my hps before I recover from missing a bs on an otherwise dirt easy mob.

And the maped comment completely lost me.
Ulric
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Ulric »

I do not play PD but I figured that the fear of death was the main reason that made it more fun for people. At least that is what other have told me about PD.