Guide to Easy Stat Training on NG

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Guide to Easy Stat Training on NG

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Ideally your stats gain through skill usage while you're hunting. However, if you would rather train your skills and stats before your adventure, I'll show you how.

First off, your character will get hungry eventually unless you're skeletun. So you have to keep fed if you want to keep gaining stats.

Strength - With a shield equipped have 3 monsters hitting you in the direction you are facing. I prefer rats or headless for this. Make sure to /limitskill block 99.

Example (M is a monster, @ is you, . is empty ground/walls)

Code: Select all

Facing North
MMM
.@.

Dexterity - Stealth walk against the wall that pushes you back in Cassandra's Tower. Make sure to /limitskill stealth 99.

Intelligence - The easiest way is to equip an oak staff and like 30 vigour, then shift f10 to repeat cast mani or small light with /limitskill piety 29 or /limitskill magery 29.
IGN: 1
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Guide to Easy Stat Training on NG

Post by Keighn »

I haven't played in a long while but if you have an alt with some resources then equip a newb in full heavy plate gear and a tower shield. Have lots of bandages and a few good healing pots. Use a health scroll and run down into kaza. Zoom down to the bridge section/long hallway with goblins and goblin archers. Now from past experience you can actually have a block position more like this

AAA
AAA
AAA
MMM
M@M

When blocking and bandaging hit max just /trim skill it again.
When you hit say 20 or 25 def you'll rarely take more than 0-1 damage from them bypassing block. Now that was my old experience and much has changed. Make sure no mobs are behind you and you're facing the nasties. And yes bring lots of food.

Invis down can work but you want maximum archers following you. It may lag.

I think bandaging increases dexterity. You'll want to bandage immediately upon damage. I use the bandage method without blocking if just training dex. I also have cloth and scissors to make bandages until 10 skill then /trim skill. I'm sure there are better methods.

I'll assume if you cast heal other on a towns person until you xm is max then trim skill to 0 again. I'll assume that works for intelligence. There are probably better spells if you're max vigour.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Ah Cassandra's tower yeah. Totally forgot. Yeah light or mani gah me forgots.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Pretty sure you can't block enemies that are on the side of you. Don't think you can block ranged physical attacks either. I could be wrong, but did a little testing a while ago and it seems to be the case.

Using bandages on yourself works well but tricky to get right because you have to lose enough hp and gain the right amount back. Once you got it down, it's a good way to increase dex and healing. You have to shift u and press 5/enter to target yourself. And then you can shift f9 to repeat.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Can't blocked ranged physical? That's horrible. I mean it goes against every movie and heroic story and history ever. Damn about only 3 frontal. Wonder when that was changed. Loved blocking 5 frontal/flank.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Keighn wrote:Can't blocked ranged physical? That's horrible. I mean it goes against every movie and heroic story and history ever. Damn about only 3 frontal. Wonder when that was changed. Loved blocking 5 frontal/flank.
Interestingly enough, you can parry/riposte ranged physical damage
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I found equipping 2 fast daggers, limitskill shortswords to 1 or 2 and just fighting was pretty fast way to raise dex
for int: limitskill inscript to 2 and make IL scrolls, tho slightly expensive (100 scrolls which is 30gp got me 8pts of INT around 290->298)
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

eggmceye wrote:I found equipping 2 fast daggers, limitskill shortswords to 1 or 2 and just fighting was pretty fast way to raise dex
for int: limitskill inscript to 2 and make IL scrolls, tho slightly expensive (100 scrolls which is 30gp got me 8pts of INT around 290->298)
Those are pretty creative ways for stat training, nice.

Was NG changed in the last couple days so casting a spell doesn't bump int if you have it /limited. All three of my methods in my original post are not working as of a day ago. I have made sure the /limitskill and /limitstat are right, that I'm fed, and that I'm not maxed out. I know it was a bit cheesy but to gain stats now, constant /trimming of skills is required.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh I did 'fix' something but might have broke something else - I'll sus it out, because I have been reading this thread and mucking around with fast ways of getting stats up