NG build ideas! Now with more skills!

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Re: NG build ideas! Now with more skills!

Post by 1[WoWz] »

eggmceye wrote:have completed 1st draft of my axe guy
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Hudson&serv=NG

str: 525
dex: 175
int: 300

magery 100% (gives clone, invis, AEP)
axe 90%
sanctity 80% (for aspect of snake)
tactics 80%

Looks good. You chose a good class to start testing a battlemage since axe cleave lowers MR (which I'm assuming helps with AEP). You could go a lot of directions with your build too depending on what you think you might be lacking.

300 int (doubled to 600) is a pretty big investment for utility spells. If it works, it works though.

ALT build: I wouldn't mind another dmg spell in the rot so could learn VAM (8d4+INT/10, but my INT might not be high enough vs high end mobs to use VAM)
axe 90%
magery 70% (invis, AEP)
sorcery 50% (for VAM)
sanctity 80% (for aspect of snake)
tactics 60%
Yeah this looks like a better build imo. I would personally build the stats 375 str, 125 dex, 500 int.

VAM is a great, underrated spell. It does higher DPS than XC because the cooldown is about half the length (losing the heal from XC is a bummer though). People will mention that mages shouldn't be in melee range, well high end magic monsters seem to hurt less melee regardless of class.
IGN: 1
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I finished Frederick:

http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Frederick&serv=NG

he does a lot of dmg but is not quite as fun as Hudson, due to lack of seize, invis

stats:
200 STR
600 DEX
200 INT

skills:
necro 100%
stealth 98%
shortswords 95%
tactics 92%
divinity 40% (for AMT)

rot can be anything like:
hide, backstab, hail bones if I want, whack, acid spray, corp por etc, whack, CP, whack, special, etc
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

^Lots of options with that build Egg, looks good.

I came up with a damage over time build. This build should do good damage even when in tank stance.

Human, Barbed Claymore or Barbed 1h longsword+shield

Stat choices
Str 731, Dex 244, Int 25 (most melee damage, less HP, max movement speed)
Str 850, Dex 125, Int 25 (less melee damage, more HP, max movement speed)
Str 950, Dex 25, Int 25 (least melee damage, most HP, low movement speed, max Str bonus from enchanted carrots)

90 longswords (flurry for groups of enemies or burst)
90 axes (cleave for high HP single monster bleed)
90 sanctity (snake aspect for poison, seize, mirror image, stone form while enemy bleeds)
100 divinity (VAMT for AOE bleed damage, banish to clear groups of summons/clones)
50 necro (more HP from bone equipment and soul transfer for more % health damage/heal)
5 tactics (tiny amount of damage reduction with some left over points)

Bleeds and % health damage stacks. This build gives VAMT, Cleave, Barbed Weapon, Poison damage, and Soul Transfer damage.

Single enemy rotation: Attack - VAMT - Attack - Cleave - Attack - Soul Transfer - Attack
Group of enemies rotation: Attacks - Flurry - Attack - VAMT - Attacks - Flurry
mugima
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mugima »

I like shadow folk rogue, 25%str 75% dex, meaning you get 975+96 stats(str+dex).
100 SS
100 Stealth
30 Piety for M
70 Sanctity(yeti aspect mainly, but there's plenty of other reasons)
50 Necromancy(bonecrafting, hp from bone stuff is so good:P)

~Thoughts, opinions or suggestions?~
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Latest idea based around the newish Bloodbolt buff (same damage/bounces as VOG but uses str instead of int).

Half-Orc str 950, dex 25, int 25
100 polearms (bloodbolt)
100 divinity (VAMT, Banish)
100 traps (finding loot on NG is what it's all about)
30 piety (mani heal)
20 sanctity (sense and hydra aspect)

or

90 polearms
100 divinity
80 sanctity (yeti aspect, snake aspect, seize)
50 block (spiked shield for DOT bleed)
30 piety

Copper, Venomous, Runed, Blackrock, Adamantium, Barbed, or Vampyric 1 or 2 hand polearm
Spiked Shield if going 50 block
Glass horned helm, field plate, greaves, plate boots, gauntlets of dexterity 5/10/15 and/or vigour 5/10/15
Belt of Regeneration
Bone Rings, Bone Necklace, Sigils of Attack +8/+9
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

the first one is kinda sexy. I may just work on that.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Alch
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Alch »

*EDIT: Now rolling 325/25/600 and ditched hexblades for divinity. Why? I found myself wanting a little more health and heal per spell, I noticed no difference in damage on swing on heroic dragons between having hexblade skill and not, I hardly used black lightning, and now I can cast detect traps, banish and greater power word pain ;)

Just made my new favorite build by far, and thought I'd share it. Bloodkin with 100 Necromancy, 100 Hexblades, 60 Magery, 60 Sanctity, and 30 Piety. 175 Str, 25 Dex, and 800 Int. Bone armor except belt or ring, which is of regen, 2-3 glass armors (depends if they have good stats or if you can dip for good stuff, no more than 1 vig item imo), and a vampy hexblade. Bloodkin for the AS boost, sexy mana regen from HoB, a fat pile of extra MR, and the super shiny 10% bonus int, which with int on a lot of your gear really helps bring the int/str ratio closer to ideal. 30 piety for heal ofc. 60 sanctity for aspect of the yeti, because it'll not only proc off your melee, but chance on glass reflect as well. 60 magery for 100% speed cast, for a little extra health/mr/walk speed/dodge/crit, and since it drops fairly fast, you cast it kinda often, enough skill to usually successfully cast blink/lighten load, and invis as 100% cast on the off chance you need it, though could drop this to like 40 to usually cast speed and put the 20 extra skill into tactics for slightly increased as and dmg reduction. 100 hexblades for damage, yeti procs, and black lightning (you really won't need healing bolt), and the 100 necromancy is for mad hp boost from the bone armor, hail of bones which heals a bunch with vampy hexblade and a lot of enemies, corpse explosion, and ritual sacrifice. I chose to go with a lot more str than the 90/10 optimal int/str damage ratio, because with scroll of galv, speed, greater health scroll, and ritual sacrifice, I've got about 2000 hp, so I can safely pull a bunch of mobs together before casting HoB, especially with healing more from mani because of more str, and healing from belt of regen. Because of glass yeti procs, I usually do damage even when just pulling them together. What I do is I pull a bunch of mobs while healing if necessary (usually isn't), tab to target one close to the middle, cast HoB, start smacking them with my athame, corpse explosion asap, then black lightning special. - EDIT: Pull mobs While casting corpse explosion, then HoB a monster near middle, then melee/black lightning. This usually kills everything, and though it depends on how many things I pull ofc, my dps usually starts out around 500-600, and rapidly turns into 2100-3400 as everthing explodes, and I like explosions (not the massive lag that comes with them though) X-D
Last edited by Alch on Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:05 am, edited 6 times in total.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

that actually sounds too good
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Necromancers could probably use a chain spell key bind.

By chain bound i mean 1 key stroke casts the first spell then successively casts the next spell in bind.

Ie a simple three binder:
Giblet golem + corpse explosion + hail of bones.

You hit 1 key and it runs through casting them.
Instead of hitting 3 different key binds.

A simple mage/priest buff bind:
VS + EU + VEU + detect traps + true seeing (forgot their call signs).

Etc. dunno why i didn't post this in mage thread.
ZUPS!!!!
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Alch wrote:This usually kills everything, and though it depends on how many things I pull ofc, my dps usually starts out around 500-600, and rapidly turns into 2100-3400 as everthing explodes, and I like explosions (not the massive lag that comes with them though) X-D
How do you calculate your dps for HoB and FGC? Splat numbers for 1700 int mage on reg only does like 200 per tick, and maybe 4 times that for the explosion.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Alch

Post by Alch »

LaughingCoyote wrote:
Alch wrote:This usually kills everything, and though it depends on how many things I pull ofc, my dps usually starts out around 500-600, and rapidly turns into 2100-3400 as everthing explodes, and I like explosions (not the massive lag that comes with them though) X-D
How do you calculate your dps for HoB and FGC? Splat numbers for 1700 int mage on reg only does like 200 per tick, and maybe 4 times that for the explosion.
I'm just looking at the dps in the box on the right. I lag too much to read splat numbers, though I guess that also means this I could be doing a little more damage than I do if I could not miss a bunch of melee attacks, and get explosions set off sooner. I hadn't done a whole lot of checking dps, so I just did a little more, and I guess the range is more like 1700-3400 at best. After casting hob the numbers bounce between like 500 and 1200, then when the explosions go off it bounces around even more extreme, and I see numbers as high as just over 3400 at absolute best, and when everything is dead the number is usually between 1700 and 2100, but sometimes as low as 700. I should do more research before posting numbers, sorry :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

That seems like a huge variance. What mobs are you clumping together for the chain reaction?

Also don't worry about posting rough numbers, just realized I only do 200 per tick on PD with a lvl 1000 char, on reg its only half that. X-D

And I forgot NG stats are worth 2x that of regs so not really a good comparison.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Alch

Post by Alch »

I was testing from the start of BM to right before the tower, so black/red/fire drags and blood golems/drakes/hydras. Yeah the dps is really inconsistent since there's so many variables, like when gathering not attacking, my dps varies from 50-500 from glass, the higher end being when yeti procs a lot, HoB depends how clustered I can get them, and the crazy numbers from explosions I'm pretty sure just depend on what type of mob and how many are exploding at the same time (maybe how much hp is left on the soon to be exploded mobs too? Idk if dps takes into account damage that would have been dealt that exceeds remaining hp).
Alch

Post by Alch »

So I finally bothered to get 100 bonecrafting, and I'm finding gold skull and sash to be muuuch better than phil stone and regen belt. Also, does wielding more bone stuff increase your dps with necro spells??? Because after putting said items on, I went to test again, and first pull I saw a flash of 4800 dps, and said "oh shit, I gotta get a ss of some high dps, I'll spam it to make sure I catch it", and next crowd I grabbed...(see pic) - EDIT:
Changed pics, old one was only 5300. Consistently seeing an end dps of 1700-3k, and occasional shiny dps like my pic :twisted:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.