Catherine wrote:..... Might be kinda cool if every week was based around only one class... IE week 1 = monks. week 2 = rogues... so on and so forth.
1. Nix Newb island (characters start with standard equipment based on class along with basic spells of their class if applicable).
2. Ditch the university/arena/DTK/Library
3. No Partying - Everyone is set to PVP from the start.
4. Since towns are now special. Old quests are out and new quests are simple snatch and grab xxx item or kill xxx mob dependent on town.
5. Ditch all towns and go with 8 town that all look the same. (town comprise of res spot,town portalspot, Random class skill NPC (ie. backstab, longswords special, gouge, etc) Once I count the # of "specials" it could be determined what random specials are available in what town.
6. Charactes start in a random town. As all towns are basically equal not a huge difference.
7. All dungeons are random dungeons and not the dungeons you know and love of regular euo. (think Rank Dungeon/treacherous caverns/farimond) Perhaps some new randomization.
8. Random Polypile recipes every week. This keeps you guessing.
9. New stones Quest. All stones go to one of the 8 virtue shrines. Maendir is nixxed as its cheesy as hell for the competition depending on class/race. Each town has a virtue so is probably named after the virtue (doesn't matter Honorville, valor Haven, w/e). There's an NPC there that will give you a quest to get the stone. The quest is easy "Kill large number of a certain mob, return and the stone is yours." (since towns are redone its simpler this way). Another option is to just nix those quests as well.
Stones don't do anything but activate the shrine guardian which you must kill to reveal the ladder to that shrine dungeon.
Order of toughness:
White - pests
Yellow - goblins/orcs/bandits/mages
Orange - Lesser Undead
Red - Trolls/ettins/cyclops etc
Green - Minotaurs/zorn/firelizards/basilisks
Blue - Greater Undead
Purple - Daemons/devils/fire daemons/nightmares/firefoxes/mothras
Black - Dragons/golems
Shrine dungeons are bottomless each level makes the monster 1 level tougher (ie. lvl 4 on the pest dungeon would be lvl 4 pests (think how pets works) (level 20 troll dungeon has lvl 20 trolls).
Might want to make the random dungeons either bottomless or try a 16 or 20 lvl formula to make monsters more varied than the current formula. (Natrually harder the further down you go -- thinking as per Akalabeth, ultima I,II,III style here)
Dungeons on the map are random so it could be as per: Treacherous Caves, Rank Dungeon, Tower of Sylvenguard, Farimond Dungeon, Lava Tubes, Twisted Forest (some new map), Desolate City (new random map), Sorrow Swamps (new map).