Dwarven PD Diary

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

Re: My perma death adventure! Need tips!

Post by eggmceye »

10 years ago that was a cool dungeon and bits of it still are, but the end is a bit dated now
Thane
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Thane »

Today i tackled the next dungeon on my list, The Pit beneath mino halls ! Another dungeon i was always cautious about delving and only getting so far a few times, finally went in to finish it with the reassuring words of some helpful players. The signs telling me that one portal lead to death and the other life had me REALLY worried, but it was an easy enough question. Sadly, loot was not to be had that day even in the very bottom of The Pit, in the end i found only a single history book, weee, history.

On a better note, i did finally save up 18 glass coins for my chest piece, YES ! As a LOTL i find some scavanger hunts to be much easier than others, the weapon ones are easy but the armor ones i can almost never do, without a wand of deconstruction, wish i could craft onna those ! Tomorrow i'll look over New Sosaria once again for any other dungeons i may of left unspoiled before focusing on something else like GMing crafting or exploring the new continent or maybe just leveling a bit.

P.s. that email didnt work, is this 'cat' the same as 'catherine' on the forums? if so i would like to message them !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
May your beard be ever soaked in ale rather than vomit
Thane
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Thane »

Big entry today since its been awhile, i spent a few days as a dwarf Rogue and did some other things to lower my dying. Finally got my alchemy maxed and cartography, used a few 15 maps and only got a an mani rapier :( boo. After a few scary tests, i've decided that lightning resistance will save you from trapzaps, after testing this on multiple traps, maybe 10 trapzaps, and surviving, so hooray i dont need a rogue to help me anymore !

I uh... went on a small trip to fight some red dragons with GrandMage and well, he kind of lagged out during a fight and stuff happened

poooor grandmage :( i'll be helping him get back on his feet later (without the lava) he'll know what that means XD.

I decided to finally take revenge on Angela the Phoenix, it started off as a trek to get some glowing embers from fire golems to finish my enchanting, but i figured since i was halfway there ...

On the way, wonderful things happened. First, i found a Wand of Deconstruction at long last, then on my way to the tower i found a VOG Falchion, hooray! Decided to use that with a tower shield the rest of the trip, wasnt better then my maul from what i could tell. Image

Didnt want to risk berserk mode VS the phoenix but didnt need to use tank mode this time around so that saved time. I was a little worried about what would happen when i killed the phoenix since they tend to be 'reborn', well, i got my answer to that..
Yeah... i couldnt kill that egg before it re-hatched, tried this three times, maybe with a khaki potion or some glass weapons =/ so after a bit of frustration...
i win, revenge is mine >:O

Didnt get any loot or experience but on my way out of the tower, i was rewarded with my first tinted arty, hooray for a productive day :D!
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Cool diary Thane :cool: , you're the first to keep one afaik.
Djanno :smoke:
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Re: Dwarven PD Diary

Post by Grunkk »

I thought they got rid of cows evolving into balrons.. Would be awesome if that wasn't the case though.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
Tristin
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Tristin »

nice post thane keep it up, checking diary every couple days :)
Im a jerk i know it egg knows it , deal with it. Babycakes is my biffle
Thane
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Thane »

The statue is nice, for a stone egg that sits in my inventory, but i have a tradition in EUO, i eat my enemies. I mean, who doesnt? You train in cooking, you kill it, cook it (sometimes), eat it (always) bonuses or not, am i the only one who actually TASTES anything ? The stone phoenix egg wasnt edible at all, i tried making stone soup but it didnt take. So i had to go back to finish the job ! This time i was just going use a glass weapon on the egg after putting it to sleep with an orange potion. IT WORKED !
Alas, an egg full of glass shards is not particularly edible, and no other loot was dropped :( Not even a special message or fireworks, just a dull thud and some exp, i wonder if its a quest SOMEWHERE ? Oh well, the important thing is that i killed the phoenix solo, but myself, alone, absolutely.

After hearing that i actually was in the top 10 LOTL i realized im REALLY old for my level, so the last couple days have been a lot more leveling than goofnig/exploring/eating things. I've jumped from 10th to 6th place and i'll be in 5th by tonight if the net stops to SUCK SO BAD I WANT TO KILL IT AND EAT IT.

Grinding dragons in The Suffering is all well and good, but cant do it forever, sometimes one needs to stop, somethings for something important, sometimes... friends die :(

"Is anyone else going to eat this? I dont care about the gold, really."

After getting Noobalot back on his feet and eating his corpse right infront of him, it was back to the mines, since i had found a few 14-15 maps i decided to use them while i was in the area. Maybe im just paranoid but... when digging for the hidden treasure... i think i dug... to deep ? I awoke something... in the darkness.
"Something weird"

AT LAST! My very own hidden secret castle, in my personal treasure cave, it was perfect! But it was only an illusion... Damn.
Anyways the maps were busts, i got some gold and some inferior maps. So i decided to have some fun and help decorate Nordhaven.

"I cant wait for a newbie to leave the town. They'll be hiding behind the guards for days"
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

I've never seen a castle like that before, gj on the diary btw.
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Laughed really hard at "eating his corpse right in front of him" X-D
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Thane
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Thane »

MoonGoat wrote:Laughed really hard at "eating his corpse right in front of him" X-D
Its my way of motivating him to not die again ! But im only kidding i dont do that. LOTL cant pick up the corpse to eat it but i made it very clear that i would if i could.
Thane
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Thane »

My beta invite for Card Hunter has arrived, im sorry this means that i will not be in EUO for quite some time :(
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

What is Card Hunter?
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Hmmm.... looks pretty old school partly. I've inquired to some of my fellow DFers to see if its anyone I may know. I doubt it as the rpg scene is pretty large.
ZUPS!!!!
Tristin
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Tristin »

lawl egg that was pretty funny after a day of work it made me laugh , whats good thane hope shits good for everyone ill be back after while thinking of buying an alienware computer sick as shit
Im a jerk i know it egg knows it , deal with it. Babycakes is my biffle
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

Alienware is over-rated, you could get a computer build for you that would be just as good for half the price. May not look as awesome but still.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Was that castle in the dungeon a bug or a hidden gem?
ZUPS!!!!