retiring level 1000 pd characters

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Re: retiring level 1000 pd characters

Post by Turtle »

it's available for download in this thread viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4886
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I can't imagine someone hitting 1k not liking this offer. It seems to do the following:

1. Gives an ending to the PD game and a sense of completeness
2. Great rewards and might encourage more back and forth between PD and reg.
3. Hopefully brings more people back to the playerbase in their free time.
4. Clears the 1k scoreboard.

I don't see a problem with that at all.
ZUPS!!!!
Tristin
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Tristin »

Hows this comming been gone a month any progress?
Im a jerk i know it egg knows it , deal with it. Babycakes is my biffle
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

too busy being on holidays, work, other stuff, but am more or less back now. I'll go thru the thread soon and see if we agree upon a deal. I reckon the bonus is just going to be a black horse + title or something, rather than an actual character perk/buff.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

current proposal:
eggmceye wrote: * level 100 on reg. This is fixed to save problems working out stats / remort
* keep remort - so you will break reg's multiclass rules but that is ok
* get transferred with 12,303,000 xp (level 100)
* stats are set to 225/50/50 (335 total) but you will get a free respec to fix them as you please
* can't take any gear except what you are wearing
* avs kept, quests kept, addy coins kept
* probably all soulbound items kept (will investigate)
* named weapons - not allowed unless equipped - any spares .. give away to your alts or friends
* items bought with addy coins: keep if soulbound otherwise give to an alt or friend

* PLUS a custom title, armoury achievement & black horse
* lotl 1000 get 100 addy coins + a red horse + different title/achievement

* plus hall of fame - lists pd chars that hit 1000 and moved to reg - in order - starting with emo :roll:
I haven't coded selectable custom titles yet but we can get moving on the rest of it - who's ready to move? this is the deal.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Maybe I'm calculating wrong but isn't that the stat equivalent of lvl 45ish? Even if you cut stats for the levels you'd have to use at versatility, that's still 20ish levels of stats you're missing out on.

355-80(Base Stats)=275
275/6=45.8 Level equivalent of stats.
75/2=38 Levels at Verse
45+38= 83

I guess I can kinda understand taking a stat hit for non-human races (They can't use Verse and would never reach that class cap), but human's aren't really getting anything out of this other than bringing their gear. Then again, I guess 17 levels isn't a huge difference.
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

What about pets?

Let's say i equip a statue or something instead of weapon, will that item be transferred too then?
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Adithmos

Post by Adithmos »

100 is too low for me. As mentioned before, I played reg for years before coming to PD. My mage on that server is lvl 178 and sucks so a lvl 100 mage just doesn't do it for me funwise. I wasn't even feeling a lvl 150 xfr but wanted to go with the flow and appease the masses.

Not sure what else to offer? Is there a way to just keep my name on the Armoury achievement and xfr the xp to another char on reg?
Tristin

Post by Tristin »

Adithmos wrote:100 is too low for me. As mentioned before, I played reg for years before coming to PD. My mage on that server is lvl 178 and sucks so a lvl 100 mage just doesn't do it for me funwise. I wasn't even feeling a lvl 150 xfr but wanted to go with the flow and appease the masses.

Not sure what else to offer? Is there a way to just keep my name on the Armoury achievement and xfr the xp to another char on reg?
only problem in my eyes is what about people with lvl 300's they would then be able to switch 75% extra class cap and some xp on those character which is one of the problems people on reg were having but thats my opinion idk.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I'm only guessing but I'm thinking that's just bonus stats and then you can raise your levels via whichever shrine you meditate at. If that's the case you're getting one hell of a deal. The option to start with no xp is for the hard ass who wants to start on reg similar to a newb character.

Come on this is a great deal. If I had time I'd probably get my high end alt up to lvl 1k myself.
ZUPS!!!!
Tristin

Post by Tristin »

Eclips wrote:Maybe I'm calculating wrong but isn't that the stat equivalent of lvl 45ish? Even if you cut stats for the levels you'd have to use at versatility, that's still 20ish levels of stats you're missing out on.

355-80(Base Stats)=275
275/6=45.8 Level equivalent of stats.
75/2=38 Levels at Verse
45+38= 83

I guess I can kinda understand taking a stat hit for non-human races (They can't use Verse and would never reach that class cap), but human's aren't really getting anything out of this other than bringing their gear. Then again, I guess 17 levels isn't a huge difference.
Yea the stats seem low my 92 rogue has more i think will have to check when i get home
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

redo your stat maths after taking remort into account
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I don't recall anyone doing this but what if someone doesn't remort and makes it to 1k?
ZUPS!!!!
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Oh ok. I never realized how much of a set back remort is lvl wise. By that math tho, you're being generous. :D
Tristin

Post by Tristin »

eggmceye wrote:redo your stat maths after taking remort into account
oh shit sorry i didn't realize, will definitely have to think on that remort on reg is a pretty hefty hit since u only get to lvl 450. Since i was planning on going my 75% in monk or something for fun its not worth it unless i do priest and even at that humans only 37 lvls or something no big deal if you decide to transfer to a 250 or something non remort non % let me know will have to think on it though kinda leaning with Adithmos maybe just put me on the list where i hit 1k. If i ever decide to transfer ill email you or something im sure it will all work out in the end enjoy summertime egg :).

EGG ARE YOU going to the Metallica concerts via in Australia? FUCK i saw they toured in Canada last summer i should have looked sooner and went to one that's like my dream before i die.
Snirf
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Snirf »

Tristin wrote:
eggmceye wrote:redo your stat maths after taking remort into account
oh shit sorry i didn't realize, will definitely have to think on that remort on reg is a pretty hefty hit since u only get to lvl 450. Since i was planning on going my 75% in monk or something for fun its not worth it unless i do priest and even at that humans only 37 lvls or something no big deal if you decide to transfer to a 250 or something non remort non % let me know will have to think on it though kinda leaning with Adithmos maybe just put me on the list where i hit 1k. If i ever decide to transfer ill email you or something im sure it will all work out in the end enjoy summertime egg :).

EGG ARE YOU going to the Metallica concerts via in Australia? FUCK i saw they toured in Canada last summer i should have looked sooner and went to one that's like my dream before i die.
U hert my brain -.-
rakko2
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by rakko2 »

well guess im the only one thats ready to go max names rakmage acount is rakko hope to see me moves soon and get my awesome wicked kool black horse hope to see it happen soon woop woop :knife:
JUST CHILLEN AND KILLEN
KoRnAGAIN
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

eggmceye wrote:current proposal:
eggmceye wrote: * level 100 on reg. This is fixed to save problems working out stats / remort
* keep remort - so you will break reg's multiclass rules but that is ok
* get transferred with 12,303,000 xp (level 100)
* stats are set to 225/50/50 (335 total) but you will get a free respec to fix them as you please
* named weapons - not allowed unless equipped - any spares .. give away to your alts or friends
* items bought with addy coins: keep if soulbound otherwise give to an alt or friend

* plus hall of fame - lists pd chars that hit 1000 and moved to reg - in order - starting with emo :roll:
I haven't coded selectable custom titles yet but we can get moving on the rest of it - who's ready to move? this is the deal.

I'm for this proposal, but i'm with Adi in saying that level 150 would be better. Either way though, i'll Xfer. It's not that "If i dont get 150 i wont xfer" i'll xfer at 100, but i feel that a xfer to level 150 is a better choice and more rewarding because of all of the potential funds we spent to get to 1k. Just a thought, but like i said, either way i'm all in.

:aus:

-Colt
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

ok we'll make it 150, plus I'll work out a package for non remorts too, will update the deal & op later
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

deal updated 18 jan
lvl 150
note xp is quite low for remorted chars but remember xp is reset to 0 when you remort
I'm not interested in worry abt the 6 stat points difference between human/non human - too much effort
eggmceye wrote:
* fixed level 150 on reg. This is fixed to save problems working out stats / remort
* keep remort if you have it - so you will break reg's multiclass rules but that is ok
* REMORTED: transfer with 5,728,000 xp (remorted level 150) and 635 total stats + respec cert
* unREMORTED: transfer with 32,953,000 xp (level 150) and 975 total stats + respec cert