NG Server Idea - You Wanna Be Extreme? You know... EXTREME!

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

NG Server Idea - You Wanna Be Extreme? You know... EXTREME!

Post by Keighn »

Let's see what some of you think. Here's the idea:

NG will be PD like it always has been.
Shrines are used to gain levels and appropriate skills like regular (including the Maeondir shrines)
No Remort (you gotta use the Maeondir shrine)
Monsters are x5 to 10x as hard to kill (hp only i guess).
it takes 3x the experience to go up a level. (so if a normal level on reg took 100 xp then here it'd take 300xp and so on).
Skills take 5x to 10x as long to go up.
I've considered that towns are basically destroyed with no merchants/banks (though I'd love to see some quickly drawn destroyed town maps & Guild Halls).
1 Bank is to be had in the game and it must be found (hit it's probably a hidden camp).
Might consider no gold since there aren't any shops (I've been thinking perhaps a few hidden shops.
I'd like to leave the quests intact but that might need some work considering towns are basically wiped out. (or they're locked up and are extremely hard to get into as they're barricading themselves from the successful invasion from the humanoids).
Quests don't give experience.
Newb isle doesn't exist on this server.
Races are in. I think to make humans a more viable race though perhaps they should get a +10% to xp when fighting or more. Standard racials bonuses/penalties apply though.

This would be a server for the hard core players who really want to test their skills. I suppose it'd make an ideal LOTL (Living off the Land) server as well since you're rather forced into it except for trading with other players. Bonuses would be towns and guild halls/secret houses are all turned into explorable dungeons now (hopefully redone a bit with some plot and creatures).

So, does this idea suck ass or does it interest anyone?
ZUPS!!!!
L1ndaP
Good morning, Captain.

Re: NG Server Idea - You Wanna Be Extreme? You know... EXTREME!

Post by L1ndaP »

No thanks, too much to the extreme for me, don't think I would play it.
Kendal Kaelyn Stryker
†WARMAGE†
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by †WARMAGE† »

GREAT IDEA! EXTREME EVEN! I would totaly try to play this and soon after fail X-D but it sounds like fun none the less :dance:
SiNeR
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by SiNeR »

no way... its too extreme... who will play??? you?? maybe for two days... max... i realy love the idea of PD off on ng... And i realy like 500 skill and stat cap u must think about what will be usefull and what not in further play but i still dont understand why NG is so deserted, imho NG is the best idea of all euo servers
"we are elite, you are not!!"
-goblin elite
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

That's the whole idea. I personally think this idea is the one ladder should be on. Oh a few other things:

NO Player merchants.
NO Partying!
NO Clans/houseing/containers

The reason for no partying is I've found a rather serious cheese flaw in the ladder. It seems that people can just cheese experience off of another. I don't wantto point fingers at various people, but I've witnessed people leeching XP (and that person/people allow it) to gain millions of xp by just hiding/invisible while the very experienced player kills mobs. A truly dishonorable thing to do IMHO. It makes a contest practically pointless if someone else is handing you the silver spoon.

I guess there really aren't too many people who like to challenge themselves. Currently NG is an abandoned server by the majority of the population. I'd never suggest this happen to regular or PD as people are too attached to their characters, gold, items. This is only an idea. Many of you people tout how you're "better than others;" well, here'd be your chance to prove it. The really only party I'd have to really work on is Spell Acquisition.
ZUPS!!!!
KingDavid
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by KingDavid »

I think it might be interesting, yet there would have to be some other benefit other then the challenge. Perhaps double chance of spawning a boss monster and like 25% reduced item requirements. If it had something like that and a ladder I would def play.
Be strong and of good courage; fear not or be dismayed; for the Lord, even my God, will be with thee. He will not fail thee, till thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

The whole ideas is based on challenging yourself not some sort of bonus. That's where things get led astray. People expect a bonus here and then they'll want a little bit more and more. Chances are you wouldn't have to worry about item requirements as it'd take a while to be able to use such weapons/armour/items anyway. If you can hit the level to use the item then you'll definitely be able to use it. keeping the standard item requirements would discourage the drop from one char and give to another syndrome also, unless we talk about having only 1 alt per NG account. That might be too extreme, but hey, I'm game for only one alt there.
ZUPS!!!!
KingDavid
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by KingDavid »

Well, although I like a good challenge, its only fun if there is some incentive to the challenge, such as with PD the challenge if you can only die once, yet you are enticed to play due to 5 times more xp and skill gain.
Be strong and of good courage; fear not or be dismayed; for the Lord, even my God, will be with thee. He will not fail thee, till thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord.
SiNeR
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by SiNeR »

well you`re talking about chalenges or extreme playing... no partying...?? imho stupid idea becaise on NG there are NO EXPerience your stats grow up with your skills....no player merchant?... there are already no player merchants in NG serv.... I think this discusion id uselles because u talking about "improvments" but any one of u dont even play on NG... i spend a lot of time on NG and didnt se anyone of you guys... so why u want to change something if u dont even play??

i thing NG is extreme... 500 skill cap is very extreme for me, and 500 stats cap too, on reg or PD there are players who have mutch more than 500 skill... my reg char has a lot more, so as stats...

You want extreme? Then start play on NG and stop try to improve it.
"we are elite, you are not!!"
-goblin elite
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

SiNer, I have played NG; several times in fact. I've reached stat max, i've reached skill max on several characters... I essentially grew bored with it. I'm not saying toss the current NG server in the electronic round file (that's trashbin for you thickies out there). I'm saying to give the idea a shot in the dark. I gurantee my idea will make NG be like popping balloons with a barbed glove.
ZUPS!!!!
†WARMAGE†
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by †WARMAGE† »

Keighn wrote: I gurantee my idea will make NG be like popping balloons with a barbed glove.
maybe im the only one who is going to ask this but what the hell is that supposed to mean, annolagy doesnt much fit with the topic X-D