outdated info below
Each month there will be a prize of 2 rez stone gift certificates* and an achievement given for top player for that month - top player being highest ranked (by xp not level) LOTL* player that hasn't died. The monthly scoreboard shows the top players created in this current month who haven't used a res stone or been restored. The scoreboard is updated midnight every day server time, whatever that is.
If you win the ladder and some time later your character dies, a new character with the same name keeps the old character's achievement!
Dying and being saved by a stone (even if you found it) will disqualify you from the competition. You can keep the stones in your inventory tho - you are allowed to have one, but not have used one.
LOTL (Living off the Land) Rules
0) new characters by default are flagged for LOTL - you can turn it off with /lotl - but you can't turn it back on and you will be disqualified for the ladder
1) may not buy/sell from npc or player merchants
2) may not use bank
4) can only acquire items from their own kills + chest raids
5) may not /trade
6) can't be twinked by having some alt or other player leave itms on the ground for you
here's the LOTL thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3894
* note on the res stone gift certs:
The winner gets these automatically in the mail. Read it to create a res stone. It is not soulbound, so you can give it to your alts, use it yourself on your winning character or give to any char on the server. If you die before receiving your prize, or before converting them to actual restones, that is not my problem!