NG & PD FAQ

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

NG & PD FAQ

Post by eggmceye »

q) what is NG?
a) No Grind, a very UO-ish way to play EUO

q) what is PD?
a) Permanent Death: fast progression but when you die, your character is deleted and you'll have to create a new one and start again!

q) how do I play?

All you need to know is in the manual:
http://swut.net/euo/manual/index.php/Introduction_to_NG
http://swut.net/euo/manual/index.php/Introduction_to_PD
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: NG & PD FAQ

Post by Keighn »

Working On the Manual so I'm linking a few pics.

Note: I couldn't get /trimstat to work so I had to limit it and use an intelligence skill for it to drop to that limit. Might be confusing for some.

Server list changers

I keep thinking I'm forgetting something.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

I have a question, for the people that hit level 1k and they have res stones from when they were leveling but now have an addy stone, can we "refund" the stone for addy coins or something?
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

what is the point? to get the free coins or to get back on the scoreboard?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

A addy coin merchant that buys back stuff? Could come in handy for those that purchased say a wand or floor tile they didn't want. I took that post as selling the reg res stone.

Returning the addy res stone for scoreboard? Rather thought idea was to clear the SB but I really don't look at that anymore. Remember you can always chuck stone in trash, house, or bank.
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

eggmceye wrote:what is the point? to get the free coins or to get back on the scoreboard?
Well i could be using the coins for something else to help my alts or just give it to an alt or whatever, im not asking to be put back on, i have no desire to be back on at all. Just asking if its possible to get something out of it or move it to another character etc.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Adithmos
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Adithmos »

eggmceye wrote:what is the point? to get the free coins or to get back on the scoreboard?
I think he means the res stones that he spent $5 on
Adithmos

Post by Adithmos »

Congrats on level 1000 btw!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

ah of course, I read it wrong

But isn't getting an addy stone enough though? surely that is worth more than $5 ... how many stones do you want a refund for?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Now I regret refunding Apostles ... :fp: I'm a mug ... was just trying to be nice but now, as usual, it is coming back to haunt me forever. So to match his circumstances, I will only refund it if it was bought at level 950 or higher ... and the onus is on you will have to prove it ...

Fact is ... the stone served a purpose ... it was used, it got him the last 50 levels safely + at 1000 you get a free addy stone. So in hindsight I should have said no.
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Well can it just be moved or unsoulbound then? Not asking for a refund really, if not thats fine too.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Adithmos

Post by Adithmos »

eggmceye wrote:Fact is ... the stone served a purpose ... it was used, it got him the last 50 levels safely + at 1000 you get a free addy stone. So in hindsight I should have said no.
It's hard to argue against this. We spend $5 to make sure a character we've spent months on doesn't get permed. No one wants to spend a few more months hunting goblins or go through the risk of a server/lag issue. That $5 is a great investment. I have several stones for my maxed characters and never considered asking for a refund/exchange. Keep it as a decoration in your house. Egg was super nice to have done that for Apostle!!